Quantcast ?s about the photo pass

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default ?s about the photo pass

I am thinking about maybe getting the photo pass for our next trip.We always buy the pics they take of u in the front of the park,this trip it will the kids first time so getting the xtra pics they take would be nice to have aswell as the ones we take. I have been om Disneyphotopass.com and signed up but wasnt able to get a price of any kind.I know its like 125 bucks if i remember.But i have read some people have gotten cheaper.The page said u could copy the pics that u like from home if u wanted.Do u have to buy all the pics that are on the cd or just the ones u want?So many ?s just want answers to them and anything else u want to share about the pass.
    Me and Goofy r Goofie for each other !!!!!
    first visit 1978,1981,84,88,96,97,99,2000,02(honeymoon),04,09, looking 4 the next trip in 13! o the pain of the wait!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We did photopass for the first time in September. I have to say it is well worth the price if you take advantage of all the photopass photograhers. However, the only ride picture included is test track. You can get the photopass cd for like $99 if you preorder before your trip. There even is a money back guarantee. No you don't have to buy them all. You can add whichever ones you want to the cd. You can also add signatures and borders to the pictures.
    Brandie

Past Trip:
    July 2002 offsite at Alan's Grandparents
    Sept 2007 stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter, Free Dining (Got Engaged)

Post Thanks / Like

I strongly suggest buying the CD. I wish we had last time-there were so many good pictures to choose from, and the CD would have been such a value compared to buying them individually. We won't make that mistake twice.
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Post Thanks / Like

I was questioning doing it as well. I asked and got lots of great answers and info! Here is the thread...

photopass thread

And I WILL be getting it! Too good of a deal and too much fun to not take advantage of!
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Natazu Guest

Yeah, it's very relaxing to wander the parks and know that you'll be able to benefit from each and every photopass location. For so long, DW and I had few pics of ourselves together. The CD is definitely the way to go. They even give you a waterproof card for the water parks, wow.

Post Thanks / Like

i have always used photo pass and this year we prepaid for it - i was worried that i wouldn't get enough pics to justify the 99$ but i tell ya i ended up with over 140 pictures! it was great we havent been home a week yet and i have already got the cd and uploaded to shutterfly to order prints! we are sold on prepaid photopass - its great
    playdead88

boardwalk villas may 2005
    boardwalk villas may 2006
    beach club villas april 2007

wilderness lodge april 2008
    DVC member april 08
    animal kingdom villas may 09

Post Thanks / Like

So if I pre order it before we leave what happens?DO they send me a number of some kind then i go from there?
    Me and Goofy r Goofie for each other !!!!!
    first visit 1978,1981,84,88,96,97,99,2000,02(honeymoon),04,09, looking 4 the next trip in 13! o the pain of the wait!!

Post Thanks / Like

Red face photopass

I just preordered my CD for our May trip, and they send you a code through email. When you get home from your trip, take the number on your photopass card, and get all your pics, edit them, add borders etc. and then order your CD, where you'll put in your code.

I am most excited about this b/c I am never in any of our pictures, and now Mama will actually look like she went on the trip!
    Missy
    #1 LSU fan 2003 AND 2007 National Champions!

POR Feb 1997
    ASMo Dec 1999
    POR Feb 2002
    ASMovies Feb 2004
    Pop Century May 2004
    ASMovies Feb 2006
    Offsite Jan 2007
    May 2008 Swan
    May 2011 on the Dream!
    BLT July 2013
    POFQ July 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget to tell the photopass guys that you bought the CD. We found that when we mentioned it last time several of them took some extra tiime to take some more candid or fun shots. We were surfing in front of the EPCOT Topiaries, princesses , etc. We ended up w/ 165 shots and just got the CD. It's really a great deal!
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Default Photo Quality

Can someone tell what is the resolution of the photos you receive from the PhotoPass Photographers? I reason why I am asking is that I am just trying to find out how large of enlargement I can get without becoming grainy. I thought that I had remember somewhere reading it was 8x10, but I am not 100% sure. Thanks.
    °o°°o°°o°°o°°o°°o°°o°°o°°o°°o°°o°°o°°o°°o°°o°
    Kevin
    CSR - Dec 2014
    CSR - Dec 2013
    POP - Oct. 2012
    POP - Dec. 2010
    AKL - Dec. 2008
    BC - Nov. 2004
    Holiday Inn - Oct. 1992 [Honeymoon]

Post Thanks / Like

I actually purchased an 8x10 from our last trip throuh photo pass and it looks wonderful. We have it framed and everyone who sees it can't get over how great it looks!
    Kristina
    "A dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark in me and you" - Figment & Dreamfinder

Oct 2017 WL
    Oct 2014 WL
    May 2013 WL (DS 1st Trip) - Club Level
    Sep 2010 WL
    May 09 WL
    Oct 08 Poly
    Jun 07 WL (Disneymoon)
    Jul 04 WL
    Apr 2000 GF
    1982-1999 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

What if you forgot to preorder before you go on trip? Can you still get it for $99?
    STEELER SUPERBOWL CHAMPS: 1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, and 2008 !

[SIZE="1"]1978 OFF SITE CAMPING
    JUNE 2004 POR
    JULY 2005 POR
    AUGUST 2006 POR
    JUNE - JULY 2007 POR
    DEC 2008- JAN 2009 POR
    JUNE 2009 POR
    JUNE 2010 POR
    JANUARY 2011 POP CENTURY
    APRIL 2011 Planning Stages

Post Thanks / Like

So if you do the photpass you pay $99 and still have to pay if you want to print pictures??
    Stormi

2003 All star Sports
    2006 Pop Century

June 2008 All Star Movies
    April 2011 Pop Century
    Aug 2012 All Star Music
    June 2014 Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KEYONNAH View Post
    So if you do the photpass you pay $99 and still have to pay if you want to print pictures??
    THe $99 price is for the CD, which also includes a copyright release. The pcitures are yours and you can do what you like with them. You can take them to Walmart, Target, snapfish, etc., and print the pictures from the CD.

If you choose not to buy the CD, your only option of getting any of the pics is through the Disney Photopass site, and they can be very pricey for prints. In addition, the smallest size they offer (I think ) is 5x7, and Disney owns the copyright for those pictures. So you (legally) couldn't take the one 5x7 to another place and have copies of it.

I ordered a few 5x7's from Photopass on our Jan 07 trip, and I think they were $12 or $14 a piece. We didn't have that many pics on the photopass at all, or I would've ordered the CD and printed them myself.

Hope that helps!
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

The photopass is definetly a great option to take advantage of, but you do have to do a little work to get the most bang for your buck!

I recently went on a trip with our best friends. We decided to pre-purchase the photopass due to the money-back guarantee.

While we were there, we sought out every photopass photographer that we could. We told each one that we had pre-purchased the CD and the majority took so many extra pictures of great candid moments that most of our party completely missed but were precious! It helps that our friends have 2 little girls (4 & 2) that are cute as a button!

When we got back, I logged onto the photopass website, entered the code from the confirmation email that was sent when we pre-purchased the CD, and began editing, cropping, adding borders and signatures.

All things said and done, we ended up with about 350 pictures from our 5 day stay! My only complaint is that the generic photos of the castle, characters, park icons, etc. could not be added to the CD like you can for the photobook. There are some pictures there that are georgous and I would have loved to have had them on the CD if only to have created my own screen saver!

Bottom line-if you are going with a special group and plan to be there for atleast 3-5 days, I would definetly recommend it. If it's just a Disney-quickie, or if you aren't into taking a lot of photos, I would pass.
    It is my dream to one day pilot the monorails around the Seven Seas Lagoon....where's my star!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: