Quantcast Coral Reef for someone who doesn't like seafood?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coral Reef for someone who doesn't like seafood?

I really want to try Coral Reef on our upcoming trip but DH is not a seafood lover.
    How is their steak? He likes steak but is a simple guy and doesn't like it when they put sauce and stuff on it.
    On the menu it says that the steak is served with a beef demi-glace. What exactly is that and could he request to have it left off?

I would appreciate any opinions or info so that I can try to sell him on this restaurant!
    Liz
    March 2006-POP!
    September 2007-POP!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You should be fine at the Coral Reef. I hate, absolutely hate any kid of seafood. We were there in June 2007 and have ADR's for October trip coming up. I had the steak, it was delicious. I do not like anything funky on my steak either, but the sauce was very good. I just thought it was some kind of steak sauce. They also had a some pastas and chicken dishes on their menu too. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. I am not a huge seafood eater as well, but very much enjoyed my meal here. The view was excellent, and steak was pretty good as well.
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

In our group we have most that do not like seafood. We looked at the menu and saw that they had choices other than seafood so we made our ressies for here. We are quite excited of trying this and it will be a meal that everyone hopefully will enjoy. We have not been here before this will be our first time but the way the menu looks it will be for everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

My father in law is not a seafood fan but loves the Coral Reef. He always orders the steak and gets the sauce on the side and they get it right every time.

Post Thanks / Like

a demi glace is usually a clear sauce, sometimes a reduction of the steak's own natural juices with a thickening agent like corn starch, sometimes they put a little wine in it for flavor or other taste enhancing flavors. Many of us got steak there last time... My dd thought it was one of the better ones she had on site!
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Natazu Guest

The steak is pretty good and the pork chops are really good. There aren't many appetizers that aren't seafood, but the Chocolate Wave is worth a trip on its own.

beef demi-glaze = gravy
    They'll make any modifications to sauces and sides you wish.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the chicken when I was there, and it was good. I don't mind seafood, but it creeped me out that the fish were swimming by watching me eat fish. I could have been eating their cousin, for all I know! Fish are friends, not food.
    CEO: "So, what is it you hope to accomplish with this invention?"
    Bowler Hat Guy: "Oh, nothing of consequence...except to crush the dreams of a young orphan boy! After that it's kind of hazy."
    CEO: "So, you haven't thought this through?"

Post Thanks / Like

You can special order your meals anyway you want. We were just there on Friday and no one in my family eats seafood or higher society meals (lol) but DS9 wanted to eat there though b/c of the tank. We ordered the chicken with just normal mashed potatoes and both hubby and I were very satisfied with our meals.
    November 2010 - Fort Wilderness
    August 2008 – Pop
    April 2008 – Fort Wilderness
    November 2004 – Off Site – Cypress Point Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Only DH enjoys seafood but like stated the chicken and steak is very good. And of course the kids menu has the usual so no worries....
    Deb
    2012 Jan ALSM
    2011 July POFQ
    2010 July POR
    2009-Oct 3 days POFQ
    2009-June POFQ
    2008-Aug OKW
    2007-June WL
    2007-Jan POFQ
    2006-July Polynesian
    2005-June OKW
    2004-July BCV
    2004-Jan off site
    2003-July FWC
    2003-Dec/Jan CS
    2002-June OKW
    2000-July POFQ
    1999-July OKW
    1998-July OKW
    Have a Disney Day!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Last year in Disney we went there and took two of the pickest eaters (myself who doesn't even like pizza & a friend who is almost as picky) and I loved their pork chops plus I also am not found of different sauces. I can't wait to go back to this place- it was very cool. So soothing to watch the fish and turtle swim by. I would highly recommend this place to any non-seafood eater. Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Half of our group had seafood, but those of us who ordered steak were the winners. The steaks were the best I've ever had at Disney. I'm sure that's all going to change this coming Dec. when we do the Deluxe DDP and go to the 2 credit TS places.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

This is on our list to try this yr. We all love seafood and steak. Can't wait to try it.
    STEELER SUPERBOWL CHAMPS: 1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, and 2008 !

[SIZE="1"]1978 OFF SITE CAMPING
    JUNE 2004 POR
    JULY 2005 POR
    AUGUST 2006 POR
    JUNE - JULY 2007 POR
    DEC 2008- JAN 2009 POR
    JUNE 2009 POR
    JUNE 2010 POR
    JANUARY 2011 POP CENTURY
    APRIL 2011 Planning Stages

Post Thanks / Like

If he hates it, there are sooooo many great places to eat at Epcot. I suggest going elsewhere.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

No one in my family eats seafood except me. We have been once for dinner and once for lunch. Everyone loved what they got and loved being able to watch the fish/aquarium. They were all disappointed not to go back our past trip. My kids got pasta or chicken and my dh had steak. And I enjoyed my seafood!! The desserts are very good as well. The 2nd time we went we had ddp and we didn't even get dessert because we were so stuffed!
    Laura

April 2008 Contemporary
    August 2007 Pop
    May 2006 Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it is a go for a non seafood lover. What's the worst that can happen? You do not like it, DH grabs a Mickey bar and calls it dinner! LOL!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

no need to worry, there is plenty that you can order thats not seafood, i'm alergic and i can't eat anykind of shellfish, and i was able to get a nice chicken dish. this way you can still enjoy the atmosphere there, it's like eating in a huge fish tank

Enjoy,

Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

For a long time we never tried CR, when we needed to change an ADR we called dining and they had an opening for CR so we went for it.
    Now none of my family except me eat seafood.
    We had a very good steak, my DShad chicken.
    We were all very happy with our meals and with the service. We also really loved watching the fish/divers.
    We went again last June for our anniversary Lunch and enjoyed some delish pork chops.

The servers were very accomodating when DS and DH asked for no sauce or we wanted rice instead of potatoes- everything was 'no problem'.
    We already have CR on our list for December.

Bev
    POP for the Holidays and MVMCP! Dec6-12

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: