Quantcast Im getting scared...Sci-Fi - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

1) The atmosphere is really cool, so go at least once for that reason.
    2) Stick to burgers and sandwiches, onion rings and milkshakes and you will be pleased with the food quality. We have always had excellent food when ordering these items. I think the onion rings and shakes are fabulous.
    3) We avoid the "dinner" entree items when ordering. The one time we ate there for dinner and tried some of them, the food wasn't so good. We've been back for lunch since ordering the "lunch" items and have had no problems.
    4) The service just like at any WDW restaurant, can be hit & miss, especially when the place is jam packed. Just chill and don't be in a hurry or have unrealistic expectations (Sci-Fi is not a four-star signature dining experience like Artist point, Cali-grill or V&A). We've only had poor service there one time out of our five visits and the manager was very apologetic (I think it was a brand new employee) and he gave us free desserts.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

the food is not great, but its not awful, think planet hollywood , the atmosphere is fun though and as far as HS goes its one of the better ones. I wouldnt cancel - its worth trying a new experience.

Post Thanks / Like

The reason you're seated in rows is so you can see the movie screen in the front of the restaurant and have the feel of sitting in a drive in movie. There are a few cars that you can sit across from each other, but then you have to turn your head to see the screen. We went in '05 and we loved it. The food was good and the service was the best we've ever had in The World. Our CM was wonderfull. He had a great sense of humor, but wasn't over the top. We really enjoyed it and are probably going back on our next trip in '09.

Post Thanks / Like

We just ate at Sci Fi on the first day of our trip, and it was really good. The food had no problems at all and i am usually a very picky eater. The only thing i can say is the service was a little slow, but we just watched the film clips and the time flew by.

Post Thanks / Like

Just my 5 cents worth here. We ate there in Dec for lunch and paid out of pocket insted of using our TS meal. We or 3 of us ordered the Angus burgers and they were really good,I would suggest to save your burger meal for that restaurant. My daughter had the Turkey sandwich and said she has had better and was not worth the money. We really enjoyed the atmosphere there. Onion rings were good but only got 4 for the money... I did notice that a guy seated next to us was a little on the pooh side and he really was uncomfortable looking in the cars. But there are cars with a table in the middle of them and it looked more comfortable to talk to each other in. I would not do Dinner there for sure as there isnt anything I would eat. Picky eater here. I have to say though that I would give it a try for dinner. Anything other than San Angel and Boma.. I or we just couldn't stomach that food. It is not like anything you have every eaten. So I say try it. We each have different taste...
    Connie
    Dec 8-15 2007 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 5-14 2008 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 7-16 2009 POP
    Last trip for a long while JAN 20-28

Post Thanks / Like

We have never had a bad meal at Sci Fi. Of course, it's all about the atmosphere and we've never gotten anything more than burgers, sandwiches, onion rings and milk shakes. If I want a steak, I'd go to a steakhouse not Sci Fi.

Stick with the basics, sit back and enjoy the atmosphere and have a great time!
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

We tried it years ago for lunch when DS was about 8 or 9. It was a neat experience. The food was OK, not something to rave about. But I was not looking for fine dining, just a nice lunch. I got that. We have not been back, because we usully eat somewhere else that does not take as much time.

If your concerned about having a bad dinner, change your ADR to a lunch , and find something less doubtfull for a nice family dinner.
    Ralph
    1996: CB (Oct)
    1997: PO (Sept)
    1998: PO (Sept)
    1999: Poly/BC (Aug)
    2000: PO/BC (Sept)
    2001: BC (Aug)
    2002: BC (Aug)
    2004: BC (Aug)
    2004: BC (Dec)
    2005: BC (June)
    2006: BC (Aug)