Quantcast Flowers, Friends & Pirates ARR Day 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flowers, Friends & Pirates ARR Day 2

Monday, April 21, 2008

Theme Parks visited today: Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, & Epcot

We left early for Extra Magic Hour at Animal Kingdom this morning and park in a very good parking spot, fairly close to the front. I go through bag check and Jim doesn’t have a bag and is already through. It dawns on me as I look through my pack that I don’t have my wallet with my money & Annual Pass. Great, I have no ID to get another Annual Pass, so Jim goes to the front of the park and I make my way to the bus stop. I wait and wait and wait for a bus. They are all dropping off guests but nobody is picking up. Finally after waiting a long time there is a Hollywood Studios bus, I think that well it’s better than standing around here all morning, so off I go to the Studios. I make it to the Studios and then over to Pop Century stop. I’m waiting less than 5 minutes when a bus pulls up and a very nice CM driver asks where I need to go. I said back to Pop Century. She said climb abroad and she will take me back. We talk and I tell her what has happened this morning. She told me that I should come down and work for Disney. She was very nice and said that she enjoys her job very much. I thanked her for taking me back to Pop Century. When I get to my room, I can’t find my wallet. I’m starting to get nervous about where it could be. I used it this morning to purchase some cough drops at the Everything Pop so I knew that I brought it back to the room. I went through everything and finally move the comforter away and there it was. I was relieved. Walked back to the bus stop and was on another Animal Kingdom bus within 5 minutes.

When I get back to Animal Kingdom I call Jim, he meets me up at the front. We see some characters out and about.We head off and ride Dinosaur, I've never had to queue this this area before. A bit blurry but here we are in the back row on the left side.Love the kids in the front hiding. Then off to ride Primeval Whirl. Jim has rode Everest and wandered both trails while I was gone. We decide that Animal Kingdom is getting very crowded so we leave for Hollywood Studios.

When we get to the Studios we park and enter. Jim has never been to the Studios before, so we first go over to Star Tours and get a Fast Pass, the line is already out the attraction. We are both hungry and go to Studio Catering Co, where I get a Chicken Caesar Salad Wrapand Jim get’s a Barbecue Pork Sandwich. Its okay but I don’t think that I’d get that again. After lunch we use our Fast Passes, we bypass everyone and are on the ride within 5 minutes.

After Star Tours, we do the Back Lot Tour, which Jim thought was “okay”. We wander around over to One Man's Dream and take in the movie. I have a mission to get some post cards, so off to the Rock N Roller Coaster Gift Shop. The line for RnRC is pretty long so we don’t ride yet. Jim isn’t interested in Tower of Terror which is okay with me. We leave Hollywood Studios after checking out some of the stores.

We go over to Epcot where we ride Journey Into Imagination, over to the Wonder of Life Pavilion to check out the Flower & Garden Festival merchandise, and then off to wander World Showcase. We go into the stores in Germany, Japan and Morocco, plus England. We see the movie in Canada, and then make our way out of the park as we have an ADR for Boma.

We arrive at Animal Kingdom Lodge early so we can wander around the grounds . We go out onto the savannah and check out the animals, for some reason only 2 different species were out on the savannah tonight. We come back and sit in the lobby and wait a while before Jim checks in for our Boma dinner. We finally get our table and have a very good meal. I haven’t eaten here since 2002 and back then I wasn’t a fan, well this trip changed that and I did enjoy this meal.

After dinner we went back to Pop Century as we have an early morning tomorrow at Animal Kingdom for the 10th anniversary festivities.
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds likea great and busy day.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

pogo Guest

Day two sounds very good with the exception of all the riding of buses and such.

So.... are you going to move to Florida and work at WDW ???? You could sell and I could get a discount !

Can't wait to read Day three !

Post Thanks / Like

What a disappointing start to your day! At least, you found your wallet! On the other hand, you still managed to visit three parks in one day!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Three parks with a wallet then went missing for a while is pretty impressive!

Glad you enjoyed your day after such a rocky start.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you found your wallet! What an awful feeling that must have been! Glad the rest of your day was so enjoyable!
    Last edited by Beach Club Babe; 04-30-2008 at 12:32 PM. Reason: spelling
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad too you found your wallet! I know that feeling.

Sounds like you had a great day! Thanks for sharing!
    M°o°nica

Prepare to Shake..Rattle & Roll!
    Freeway Construction Ahead Take Atl. Route.Traffic Jammed.Drive Safely Detour Ahead..get ready to ROCK! All lanes open.SO FLOOR IT! Car Pool lanes open..WIDE OPEN - RnRC

Next Up: Oct 28 - Nov 7th!

N' Awlin's girl born & raised

Post Thanks / Like

Rough start to your day but it sounds like you recovered quite nicely.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Thank goodness you found your wallett. I love your pictures. Thanks for sharing.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: