Quantcast Please Rate & Review the 50's Prime Time Cafe

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: How would you rate your past dining experience at the 50's Prime Time Cafe?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

24 34.29%
  • Very Good

22 31.43%
  • Average

20 28.57%
  • Poor

4 5.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please Rate & Review the 50's Prime Time Cafe

Continuing with the weekly poll's I'll be starting two more this week.

This poll is to see what everyone who has tried the 50's Prime Time Cafe thinks of it. Please feel free to leave feedback as well.

The options & points awarded are:
    4 - Excellent - A don't miss.
    3 - Very Good
    2 - Average
    1 - Poor - Don't waste your time with it.

Past poll averages thus far are as follows. (I'm including the results of the Coral Reef that was started by Disney Yankee):

Flying Fish Cafe - 4.00
    California Grill - 3.67
    Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue - 3.62
    Boma - 3.54
    'Ohana - 3.50
    Le Cellier - 3.40
    Chef Mickey's - 3.31
    Garden Grill - 3.21
    Biergarten - 3.11
    Liberty Tree Tavern - 3.11
    Coral Reef - 2.75
    Sci-Fi Dine In - 2.65
    Spirit of Aloha Polynesian Luau - 2.39

Please feel free to vote in past polls. To view simply click on my name and view the threads I started. I'll update the totals weekly.

Thanks!

(Please note that my intent for the reviews is the full dining experience which includes food quality, entertainment &/or character interaction.)
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I like 50s but it is not my favorite. The atmosphere is nice although it felt a little crowded to me. The Pot Roast was excellent.

Post Thanks / Like

My mom and I loved this TS when we went in November. It was super crowded but we were there for Super Soap Weekend. It not only has great food and dessert it is extremely entertaining as well... "Elbows of the Table" and when mom pulled out her cell phone and was talking to dad "Hey we don't play with our walkie talkies at the dinner table" We so can not wait to bring the kids and dh there in Sept.

~Cheryl~

2x's as a child, 2003 - Music, 2005 - Pop, 2007 - Music (Sept.), 2007- Movies (SSW), 2008-Movies, 2008 - Movies (Nov), 2009 - Movies (June)

2010- March - not booked but going for youngests 7th birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

me and dw really enjoy 50's Prime Time, the atmosphere and food are really enjoyable, is it the best food at WDW no, but it isn't bad either, it's just a nice time when there. we'll be going again on our upcoming trip

Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

The food at the 50's is different than a lot of the other choices in WDW and we always find it to be a nice change of pace.

I really enjoy the pot roast and the desert selection is very good. The theme is awesome as well the only down fall I have is that the wait staff is really hit or miss. Last year we had a young man that was really pushy and rushed us while the table next to us had a top notch waitress who fit the role to a T, it worked out well becuase we got all the laughs while not being the recipients.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I like 50's prime time and would probably eat there more often but my family of picky eaters don't find much on the menu that they like. It is a fun restaurant and I really love the 50's theming. The Sci Fi is our families favorite at MGM.

Post Thanks / Like

I had to vote very good for the 50's prime time. The food is just ok. I enjoy the meatloaf meal and the fried herb cheese, but really you are there for the experience. That in itself makes the primetime worth visiting!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

I think the food here is possibly my favorite in all of WDW! It is the closest thing to a good home cooked meal you can buy. After a week of the same old, same old, a meal here is wonderful! The atmosphere is also tremendous! All in all, 50's is one of my three favorite restaurants at WDW!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Based on our one dining experience:
    Food was very good.
    Restaurant was crowded.
    Interaction with server was good, joking etc.
    That being said, I will be reluctant to return any time soon. From the time that we were seated at our table, untill we paid our bill was in excess of 1 and 1/2 hours! Our server would appear then disappear for great lengths of time. We saw similar waits at the other tables. (not being taken care of by 'our' server.)
    We had to ask for our bill and we still had to wait to get it.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

We have eaten at this restaurant on all but one of our trips to WDW (we had ADR's for that trip too, but I got sick). This has always been a great time for us. We have been given trivia questions to answer before, my DH had to stand with his nose in the corner (absolutely hilarious), and the typical manners spiel. The food is always great. The wait can be a little long, but to us it is worth it.
    Rhonda

Trips to WDW: Priceless

Impossible is not a word.

Post Thanks / Like

One of my favorite places to eat and a must-do on every trip. The pot roast is delicious
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

We love this place but the servers make us nervous. We are afraid we will have to stand in the corner or sweep up our mess on the floor. It is great food and alot of fun BUT we are still scared of the servers.
    Everyone needs to try this place at least once!

Post Thanks / Like

We have ADR's for 50's PTC again this year. It will be our third visit, which along with HDDR is the only restaurant we have done each of the last 3 years. We nixed Sci-Fi this trip due to lousy food and service last year.
    BTW - I voted "Excellent".
    Before Kids:
    Off-Site - September/91 & September/92

With Kids:
    Off-site - November/03 & September/05
    FREE DINING:
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/06 (w/ my parents)
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/07
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/08 (w/Bro's family)
    POP Century - Sept/09 (NO KIDS!!!!!)

Post Thanks / Like

Our experience there was EXCELLENT. It was probably the best meal that we had our whole vacation. I'm the one who doesn't like 'OHana.
    I don't like crowded, noisey restaurants and this was neither the night that we went in Dec 07. I can even live with the fact that I was told off and made to do the airplane when I did not clean up my plate, but the Mother at the table beside us switched plates with her husband and she was allowed to get away with that. Just where is the justice is this?
    This is where I had the BEST Glowtini's in the World! I would love to go back to this restaurant on our upcoming trip, but DH and DS don't want any meal reservations. Takes away from the sun and play time.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

I found the place "average " .... and i cant really add anything more as it was just a non event

Post Thanks / Like

We last ate there in Oct. 2006. I rated 50's Prime-Time to be average, better than average on Fun/service, but worse than average on food quality compared to other dining experiences at WDW, so it averaged out to be . . . well, an average dining experience for us.

We found the Prime-Time Cafe to be a lot of fun, our server was as advertised, and sent our youngest DS to the corner for refusing to eat his vegetables. (very poorly cooked green beans, I wouldn't have eaten them either, which she then served to him again covered with whipped cream and candy sprinkles for dessert!)

While we had a good time, the food was ordinary to poor at best. We had fried chicken (good but no better than KFC or Popeye's), Pot Roast (pretty good, but not as good as Grandma's) and the Meat Loaf (almost inedible) As I mentioned, the vegetables were also poorly cooked (unless they were meant to be served raw). The milkshakes were fabulous though, and the service was very good.

But unless there is a change in the menu, we probably won't go back. I found the food to be much better on the the buffet at Hollywood & Vine.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

I voted average only because the food has never set off sparks for me but I love the "cousins"! We hit this restaurant every couple of years for lunch. The bar makes some pretty awesome cocktails too for anyone who just wants a good drink!
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

I've eaten their twice and both times I had great experiences!

It's not the place for the best food. I actually would rather eat at a few CS places before eating the food at 50's. Now, don't get me wrong... I like it but the food isn't what makes me come back. It's the fun/entertainment portion.

On our last visit, I ordered the fish sandwich. I forgot to have them take off the tomato. I took it off myself and didn't eat it. Our waitress said "tomato is good for you! You have to eat it!" She doused a stack of them with salt and pepper and actually fed me a HUGE bite. I hated having to eat it but it sure was funny. After embarassing me, she brought DH and I a cupcake with a candle and made us blow it out together in front of the whole section of the restaurant. We then had to re-do our vows "Disney style" and feed the cupcake to each other. It was very cute and fun! Our waitress even had a photobook of all of her guests throughout the years that sent her pictures and letters of their experience at the restaurant. It was really awesome to look at!!
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Loved it...The wait staff was great...I just wish that I didnt put my elbows on the table...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

I liked the place. I thought the food was good and it was fun to interact with the staff. The only drawback for me was the menu selection. There weren't too many things on it that I would eat, but what I did get was good.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: