Quantcast Just Questions: OK, So We'll Lope Toward Summer. - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post

I have a directive here from DDPI central administration:

"We are running low on our stock of pixie dust. All personnel are hereby directed to stay well until further notice."

I hope everybody is getting over everything; we want all our JQU faculty and staff to be well.

Pogo, sorry to hear about Patti's uncle.

'sup for today dudes?
    Sooo... who's the JQU janitor? This place needs a good decontamination! Bring out the Lysol! Bring out the Clorox! Bring out the bleach and hot water! Wish I could help but the fumes make my eyes hurt worse.. so I'll sit outside in the warm sunshine while you all clean!

Nothing much 'sup here... what's 'sup with you?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Rhonda are you feeling better or worse?
    Yes. I am feeling better or worse. I just can't decide which. I feel OK for a little while and then I feel horrible again. Do you think I should start taking the antibiotic? The doctor said hold off on it for a couple of days unless I got worse.

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Morning all.... sad news last night that Patti's favorite uncle died at around 6:00 PM last night and the funeral will be Wednesday afternoon.
    Sorry for the loss of Patti's uncle. to you both.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    Morning everyone! Feeling a bit better today.

Did your dh make it home ok? Did he have that sugar free root beer? Did he perhaps bring an extra one? If so may I have one? I'm tired of diet 7-up and a root beer sounds rather yummy.
    Glad to hear you're feeling a little better!

Yes, hubby made it home fine, but he didn't call to ask me if I needed anything, so he didn't even know I wanted a diet root beer, so no, I didn't get one. If I get him to bring one home with him today, I'll have him bring an extra for you too, OK?
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all.... sad news last night that Patti's favorite uncle died at around 6:00 PM last night and the funeral will be Wednesday afternoon.
    pogo, sorry to hear about Patti's uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    Yes. I am feeling better or worse. I just can't decide which. I feel OK for a little while and then I feel horrible again. Do you think I should start taking the antibiotic? The doctor said hold off on it for a couple of days unless I got worse.
    I hope that you feel better Rhonda. I'm on my 4th week of this stuff. It's bad that's for sure.

I went to the doctor again this morning for my ear. Well not much to report, but now to take Sudafed & Claritin and also keep taking my antibotics and Nasonex. I feel like a drug store! At least I guess that I'm okay to fly on Sunday morning for WDW. That was the most important thing.

Strange thing in regards to the fellow who passed away, we haven't heard anything in regards to the funeral. Nothing in the papers or at the funeral homes. He did die out of state and suddenly, but you would have thought some mention. We are all thinking that maybe he isn't dead. Strange?

Have a good Tuesday all.
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    Pirategal and I will be flying in ACY in June, do you suppose the airport has car rentals there at the airport? And if so how do you rent a car from them? Can't seem to find one that has a location at, near the airport. Which makes no sense seeing how it's an international airport, ya know what I mean?
    Is it really tuesday already?
    Does this mean you both won't be around when I'm in WDW in June? I'll be there the 4th - 11th, and was hoping to say hi!

Morning all.... sad news last night that Patti's favorite uncle died at around 6:00 PM last night and the funeral will be Wednesday afternoon. We had just found out on Sunday that he was in bad shape.

They are not a close family, but Uncle Kenny was quite the guy and we loved him dearly.
    Love, prayers, and a for Patty

Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    That sounds like fun! Do you give lessons?
    I actually am the one who needs the lessons! I have a strong ballet background, and I can pick up all kinds of choreography, but I have no formal training in Latin dances. The kinds of dances we are doing are very different from the ballroom versions, too, which is very exciting and interesting. If we get any of it on video I'll send anyone who's interested a YouTube link!

Want to know how my morning went? Well, it was nothing short of a hot mess. I woke up early, which was a blessing, because my hair dryer blew at around 9:20 am. I had to get to a 10 am meeting, so I quickly called my best friend and ran over to her place to finish getting ready! In my haste to save some semblance of a good hair day, I put on the trousers that I dropped a hem on last week and fixed with safety pins (I dind't get around to mending them this weekend), and the wrong pair of heels. I accidentally put on my extra-high stilettos I only wear to dressy evening occasions. The good news is my friend has a great hair dryer, so my hair looked fierce after all!

But on the bright side, 49 days until my trip!!!!! I just want to go NOW!!!! Do you think I should start packing???
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

pogo Guest

Thank you everyone for kind words ! Patti is feeling the love.

I just zooped in to see what was going on.

I'm busy trying to finish up whatever work I have left and trying to get the car ready for travel.

Hey Ken.... do you think we can get DDWIS (Drmmerboys Discount Weather Improvement Service) to improve on th forecast for us ???

It's warmer in New York !

Post Thanks / Like

Fierce hair? Is that a good thing? Pogo I can't remember if I sent good thoughts to you and Patti or not so it's either a first batch or an extra one..
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Jasper that is fantastic news!! I'm so happy to hear that your up and about. Sorry that the painkiller part didn't go as planned.

But it's wonderful to hear your doing well. Do you need cookies to help you recover?
    Thanks for all the well wishes! And yes, I would love some cookies! What kind do you have?

You know, I shouldn't come to this thread because every time I do we end up talking about cookies and then I have to stop at the grocery store on the way home and pick some up! Of course I always keep some oranges, bananas or other fruit around the house so I don't go absolutely crazy and eat an entire bag of Oreos in one evening but my waistline and my wife would still prefer that I not be eating ANY cookies at all. Oh well, you gotta have some fun in life too right?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!! I just caught up on reading all the posts on the thread since I had been on last time. I am sorry to hear about everyone's losses and illness. So here is some and some for everyone that needs it!!

I hope that the bug that several of you have is not the same one that swept through our little town a couple of months ago because that was a particularly nasty one that people really seemed to have a hard time shaking. We did have some of it go through our house but didn't seem to have it as bad as many others in the area did. Of course since my wife works at the County Health Department she makes sure we get our flu shots every fall which does seem to help with the severity.

OK, I don't have a good question, are there any laying around in the RV that I could use?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, everyone! It sure is hard typing with these sterile gloves on and I can barely see the screen above the sterile mask, but with all the germs around here, I've just got to take precautions!

to all who are dealing with various and assorted maladies. Do you want me to ship you some chicken soup?

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    Well tonight I realized that my middle one is definitely a teen. I went up to get her for dinner, and she had headphones on, listening to music. I told her it was time for dinner, and like a normal teen, she said " I heard you, I'm not deaf!". (For those of you that remember, yes, actually she IS deaf - but obvious hears pretty well with her implant!). I had to laugh - I hadn't the heart to say, "um, yes, you are". Sometime I even forget..
    T&G, this is a story to share with your DD's doc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Regardless though it is standard procedure that sometime in the next 30 days I will have to take a couple of doses of radioactive iodine just to be sure it is all killed. They say this does not make you sick or cause you to lose your hair or anything like that.
    Jasper, glad to hear that it went well but sorry about the anesthesia/pain relief issues. Get ready to drink lots and lots of water to chase down the radioactive iodine. Will you glow in the dark?

You can wave at my sister when you fly over her house in Pomona.
    There's a Pomona in New Joisey?

Mary, Pogo and Patti, sorry to hear about your losses.

Quote Originally Posted by MauiMouse View Post
    At least I guess that I'm okay to fly on Sunday morning for WDW. That was the most important thing.
    Glad to hear that you've got your priorities in order! And you know the other important thing, right? Don't get Mikki or Andrew or Figaro sick!!!

Hope everyone is feeling better real soon! Later!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Fierce hair? Is that a good thing? Pogo I can't remember if I sent good thoughts to you and Patti or not so it's either a first batch or an extra one..
    Yes, fierce is a good thing. Do you watch Project Runway or America's Next Top Model? Apparently "fierce" is the new "cool" as far as vernacular goes these days.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    Hope everyone is feeling better real soon! Later!
    How are you doing? I hope work is slowing down a little for you Ellen...

Ken have you considered a sick zone title instead of a season?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Jasper, glad to hear that it went well but sorry about the anesthesia/pain relief issues. Get ready to drink lots and lots of water to chase down the radioactive iodine. Will you glow in the dark?
    Don't you think it would be pretty cool to glow in the dark? I wonder how much electricity we could save if I could glow?

I did jokingly ask the doctor the same question. While he was very polite in his answer you could tell that he has heard it a million times before. And the answer is no, I won't glow. However, in all seriousness, I do have to avoid close contact with other people for 48 hours after taking the pills because it is "possible" to be slightly radioactive. Of course they are especially concerned about being around small children and pregnant women.We plan on doing this on a Friday so that I can go home after taking it and hibernate for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    Yes, fierce is a good thing. Do you watch Project Runway or America's Next Top Model? Apparently "fierce" is the new "cool" as far as vernacular goes these days.
    There was a designer by the name of Christian on Project Runway who used the word fierce absolutely ALL the time and it became a running joke. Then they also had him make some clothes for Bravo Network's version of the Top Model game show and the people there starting using the word all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    There was a designer by the name of Christian on Project Runway who used the word fierce absolutely ALL the time and it became a running joke.
    Wouldn't that be a runway joke? (Sometimes I'm just too clever for words. And that wasn't an invitation for anybody to start thinking of words. )

I'm waiting for all the designers to get tired of using the word "pop".
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't that be a runway joke? (Sometimes I'm just too clever for words. And that wasn't an invitation for anybody to start thinking of words. )

I wish I had thought of that!!! Can I blame not coming up with that on my medications?

Post Thanks / Like

They are using the word fierce and pop? And Ken you know this how?Apparently I need to be looking for stuff that doesn't scream banker then. Or would it be whispering? Whatever it is I guess it's not popping or fierceing...
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

No worries I shall be there when you come to visit. The fly out day is the 11th. So no worries.
    Now how far in advance must you reserve a car? lololol
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Pogo, we are so sorry about Patti and your loss...

Something has come up and we won't be able to go to WDW in Dec. So I just rescheduled everything for Oct. We decided this is how we wanted to spend our 10th anniversary.

How was everyone's day?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, everyone! It sure is hard typing with these sterile gloves on and I can barely see the screen above the sterile mask, but with all the germs around here, I've just got to take precautions!
    Yes, with all those germs we are spreading everyone should take precautions.

Glad to hear that you've got your priorities in order! And you know the other important thing, right? Don't get Mikki or Andrew or Figaro sick!!!
    Oh believe me I should be A-Ok by then. We are meeting up for the Pirate & Princess Party on the 23rd. See you then Mikki!

How about some cookies? I know they are around here somewhere. Bought some chocolate chip from Sam's Club, they are the best in the microwave for 30 seconds. I could really go for couple right now.

Well tonight I realized that my middle one is definitely a teen. I went up to get her for dinner, and she had headphones on, listening to music. I told her it was time for dinner, and like a normal teen, she said " I heard you, I'm not deaf!". (For those of you that remember, yes, actually she IS deaf - but obvious hears pretty well with her implant!). I had to laugh - I hadn't the heart to say, "um, yes, you are". Sometime I even forget..

T&G love the story about your middle DD. To tell you the truth I didn't even realize that she was deaf when I met you last month.
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all.... sad news last night that Patti's favorite uncle died at around 6:00 PM last night and the funeral will be Wednesday afternoon. We had just found out on Sunday that he was in bad shape.
    Sorry to hear about Patti's uncle. You will both be in my prayers, as will the rest of her family. Give Patti a from me, OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    Wanna guess who my first real date was with at age 14? .... my family knew him well too ..... and we celebrate 15 years of wedded something or other on Thursday!
    Gee thanks. Now thats a scary thought! Oh, and Happy Anniversary!
    T&G, this is a story to share with your DD's doc.
    Her Dr is absolutely amazed by her. He was not sold on the implant idea, and tried to convince us it was OK to have her use sign. We followed our heart, and now he cannot believe how well she does!
    Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    Now how far in advance must you reserve a car? lololol
    Depends on how bad you really want one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    Something has come up and we won't be able to go to WDW in Dec. So I just rescheduled everything for Oct. We decided this is how we wanted to spend our 10th anniversary.
    Are you serious???
    Quote Originally Posted by MauiMouse View Post
    T&G love the story about your middle DD. To tell you the truth I didn't even realize that she was deaf when I met you last month.
    Thank you. Thats the biggest compliment we could get!! Its been a LOOOOONG (and expensive) rode, but she now speaks well enough that most people DON'T know. I'm so proud of her! Within the next couple of weeks we are ordering her a new processor - at a cost of $7,500! But can you really put a price on hearing?

Today was pretty quiet - for tax day. No protests, no bomb threats, no building closure. How much fun is that?? (Did everyone get their taxes filed?????)

Post Thanks / Like

Are you serious???

Today was pretty quiet - for tax day. No protests, no bomb threats, no building closure. How much fun is that?? (Did everyone get their taxes filed?????)
    Very serious, when I got home from work tonight I called Wendy at MJ and had her change my reservation. I'm still waiting to see if we still get POFQ. I'll probably get tickets for MNSSHP and we really want to to the food and Wine festival.

I didn't get mine filed, but then ours aren't due until the end of the month.

Does anyone have anything for a headache? I can't take ibuprofen, it bothers my tummy.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,