Quantcast We got upgraded at Wilderness Lodge!!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up We got upgraded at Wilderness Lodge!!!

We just got back from our weekend trip to WDW. We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge Villas. Our original ressie was for the one bedroom villa. Even with the Fla resident discount is was still a small fortune per night as you can imagine.

We arrived late on Friday night. They told us all they had left was the handicapped room. The CM assured us the room was exactly the same except the shower was different. We asked three times to make sure. Well, the room was VERY different. I was so diapointed. I had planned on cooking all our meals but because of the way the room was laid out, there wasn't enough seating for a family of four. The shower was VERY small and boxy...made special for a person in a wheel chair. There was no counter space in the kitchen. This is not what I was expecting.

On Saturday morning we went downstairs to complain..not expecting any compensation or upgrade. The manager was very understanding and upgraded us to a TWO BEDROOM VILLA. It was a wonderful room to say the least. It was quite the treat. My kids were so excited to have their own room. It made our special weekend just that much more special.

If anyone has any questions for me regarding the WLV or anything Disney, please asK!!!
    Next up May 2022 for my Birthday!!!!

Visited the world 80+ times since 1976

My favorite resorts: Poly, BC, AKL, WL,WLV, POR and the FWC

Mom to three boys 25, 22, 21 and have been married for 27 bliss filled years!

Ronni

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That is soooooo cool. Did it have like 2 masters bedrooms. were the bathrooms nice, still get the big tub?? How fun. what did your kids think??
    Hurrah for you!!!
    Tracy șOș

1995 Grand Floridian for honeymoon
    2004 Polynesian LVC (three kids later)
    2005 Beach Club
    2006 Polynesian, Tonga!!
    2008 Polynesian
    figured out the secret...
    2008 DVC member AKV

2009 Saratoga Springs/ Boardwalk Villa
    2009 VWL/ AKV... 2 trips in 1 year..love my DVC!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't even begin to explain how wonderful this two room villa was!! The master bedroom had the king bed...off the master was a dressing area with a sink and a huge whirlpool tub. Off the dressing area there was a huge walk in closet. There was a big bathroom with huge walk in shower off the master bedroom. This bathroom could be accessed from the master and the living area. The kitchen was nice size as was the living room. There was a nice breakfast bar that could easily sit three people. There was a little round table with two chairs in the living area as well. The couch folded out to a queen size bed. That's where I slept (my brother took us so I thought I should let him have the king size bed!!)The other bedroom had two queen size beds and it's own bathroom area. Essentially it's a two queen hotel room. The villa had two balconies, three TV's , a washer/dryer, full kitchen and two bathrooms. It's supposed to be able to accomodate 8 people.

My kids LOVED the big tub. We filled it with bubble bath, turned on the jets and let them have at it!! Very sudsy. We got wonderful pictures. The kids LOVED having there own room. It was a wonderful weekend...we never wanted to leave the room!!!

Ronni

Post Thanks / Like

We had a 2 BR villa last year and we couldn't get over the size of it. It seemed as if there were doors everywhere! We could've comfortably moved in for quite awhile. We loved it too!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

I had to laugh out loud at mouseketeer mom's comment. YES, THERE SEEMED TO BE DOORS EVERYWHERE!!! LOL

Ronni

Post Thanks / Like

Yay, for free upgrades!!
    These three things will continue forever: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is love.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: