Quantcast "Please move to the end of the row". - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

That is my family's strategy as well, wait until the row is filling up, then file in. I'm still teaching that to my kids, but sometimes they just get so excited, and go! I did notice this trip the CM's were a little cranky with the announcements, on various rides. Just not as patient, it seemed. Then again, it was Easter, and talk about crowds!
    ~Lisa~

WDW trips:
    April, 1991- Honeymoon-offsite
    Nov.1992-offsite
    Nov.1995-offsite
    April 2001-offsite
    Dec. 2004-Wilderness Lodge, AS Sports
    Aug. 2007- offsite
    Mar 2008- AS Movies
    Dec. 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2010-AS Movies, CBR
    Aug. 2011- Beach Club
    Mar. 2012- AS Movies

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It really depends on what show you are seeing. My family always goes on an off season or during the week so we never have this problem but if you were to go in the summer or on a weekend, I would understand how you would feel. I hate that rule too. It seems like everybody brings a mob of people on thier trip and forces others to move over. Oh well.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you just have to use common sense sometimes. Yes, when the CMs direct you to move all the way to the end of the row you should do so. But sometimes in the offseason they either say stop 3/4 of the way down or leave out directions completely and allow you to sit wherever. Sometimes we have been the first and gone to the end of the row and our row has filled in, but we've noticed that no one went in the row behind us so we'll just move to that row. Generally it is good practice to hang back and let everything play out because people are like sheep. They'll often just follow others into a row, and some rows will be left completely empty.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disdude View Post
    I guess I'm one of a shrinking minority that feels you should do as directed when you're in Disney's house. I am so sick of crawling over people because they decide to plop their behinds down in the middle of a row. The kicker is when they give you a dirty look because you are not being careful when you're stepping over them.

This irritates me! Once at philharmagic someone did that, they repeated many times overhead, they did not move, Then CM had to come over to ask them to move down.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

This is one of my pet WDW peeves!

There is always one family, who pushes and shoves their way in, only to plop themselves down in the middle and make it almost impossible for the rest of us to get buy.

I don't like gettig stuck at the end of a row, so I try to hang back and let some people in before me...but when I look at it...even if I'm i the very last seat at the back corner, I'm still at WDW!

When people do flop in the middle I take great pains to be difficult, usually bump them, and when they give me the "look", I simply remind them that they chose to stop in the middle.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Unless the theater is really packed, this doesn't bother me. If I have to step over someone, I do and try not to step on toes. If the theater is empty, I'll just sit down. I like to think that maybe this is the person's first time seeing a show I saw a dozen times already - so let them have the center seat. Or maybe English isn't their first language and don't know the rules. It falls into my don't sweat the small stuff category - in 5 minutes it won't make a diffence.

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely think that heading down an aisle that already has people is a good idea. One trip, in The Voyage of the Little Mermaid, we got in at the tail end of seating and had to sit at the very end of several different rows. We couldn't see well at all, the special effects (water, etc) didn't reach us, and it wasn't a good experience. We immediately wished we had waited for the next showing. Last trip we got in line sooner, let other people fill in and ended up in the middle of a row. We loved the show that time. I think some seats are definitely better than others. Just have to try to plan it right.
    BCV- April '09 Beach Club Villas w/friends (9 kids- 18 of us total)
    ASSp- Aug '08- free dining
    AKV Savanna and SSR - Sept-Oct '07
    DVC Members-Saratoga Springs as of Aug '06
    YC- Oct '04 (first trip for our 5 kids)
    Former FL resident w/numerous day visits in '80's & '90's.

Post Thanks / Like

Default it is funny

the people who get there early get penalized- but if the didnt do it- then the lines would be longer and the rooms wouldnt fill up-
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it is actually a BIG pet peeve of mine to go to a show like Mickey's Philharmagic and have to climb over people who can't follow directions. I make it a point to drag my bags across their faces and step on their feet. I don't like being all the way on the end either but having to climb over people when I'm hot and tired really makes me angry!
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm one of a shrinking minority that feels you should do as directed when you're in Disney's house. I am so sick of crawling over people because they decide to plop their behinds down in the middle of a row. The kicker is when they give you a dirty look because you are not being careful when you're stepping over them.

I agree. I don't have a problem moving to the end. Hey, first one out. And besides, not a bad seat in the house.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

You should follow the rules and slide over. It the shows doors close and you can slide to the middle, then fine, do it.
    As much as we would love to have the best seat int he house for every show, you just are not going to get it.
    Be glad that you are in the show.
    DigitalDaredevil
    VMK: EpcotRay

Post Thanks / Like

We were at Mickeys Philharmagic when our youngest was 6 months old. We were moving in the row and asked 2 people who just plopped down in the middle if they would move down (dh asked and ds and dd were behind him and then me holding 6 month old dd and mom was behind me).. they said no.. so we just went by them and our 6 month old spit up on the guy who had said NO as we were going by.. I busted out laughing because her timing was comical. I had her butt on my hip so she was facing outward and I had the diaper bag in the other hand in front trying not to hit these two rude people who refused to move... well dd took care of them!! I did offer them a few wipes of course and he was lucky because it landed on his bare knee and not any of his clothing.

We never let it bother us though.. if we have to step over people we do. We dont purposely step on toes but dont feel guilty if we do. We honeslty don't care where we sit at any given show... we know we will can see it again if we need to.

~Cheryl~

2x's as a child, 2003 - Music, 2005 - Pop, 2007 - Music (Sept.), 2007- Movies (SSW), 2008-Movies, 2008 - Movies (Nov), 2009 - Movies (June)

2010- March - not booked but going for youngests 7th birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

It annoys me too. If they tell you to go all the way to the end....then just go all the way to the end.

However I like to sit at the ends. I'm short and always get stuck behind someone who is really tall and can't see. So if I sit at the end I can usually see better.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazypoohbear View Post
    Then if that doesnt' work... squirt them with your mister fan, by accident! Oops, I missed my face and got yours by accident, I guess I was distracted by the banging on my back"
    Until you find a kid with a mister fan of his own and start a squirt fight.....

I also find it annoying but sometimes you just have to ignore them.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Personally, I find it very inconsiderate of people to ignore the request to move to the end of the row and do as they "darn well please" regardless of the effect on the rest of other people in the world. For me, it really says something about the character of those people.

While sitting in the center may perhaps (and only perhaps) be a "better" seat, that does not mean the other seats are "bad".

There are a lot of people trying to get into the theater in a timely manner. To blop oneself down in the middle of the row as others are attempting to fill in the row to me says that those people are in total disregard of others and are determined to have they're own way without any concern for others.

In my opinion the payoff of such self-absorbed behavior is not worth the cost to one's character. But that's just my opinion.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cal5755 View Post
    so we just went by them and our 6 month old spit up on the guy who had said NO as we were going by...
    Karma!
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

.. they said no.. so we just went by them and our 6 month old spit up on the guy who had said NO as we were going by..
    Thank you so much for the laugh. That was so perfect.
    Long Live Figment!!

Post Thanks / Like

they said no.. so we just went by them and our 6 month old spit up on the guy who had said NO as we were going by..
    That's why you have children!

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    There are a lot of people trying to get into the theater in a timely manner. To blop oneself down in the middle of the row as others are attempting to fill in the row to me says that those people are in total disregard of others and are determined to have they're own way without any concern for others.
    I feel exactly the same way.

I don't go out of my way to make a fuss out of those who don't follow instructions but I do get upset internally. I really do believe that there is no "bad" seat. Especially for 3-D shows. I can understand if you're maybe watching Beauty and the Beast or Hall of Presidents though. Either way... you just DON'T push people around just to take a seat right in the middle of the theater and then make people hobble over you so they can actually follow the instructions that they were given.

It must be terribly uncomfortable to be the culprit and just sit there in the middle of the aisle while people are stepping on you and actually HEAR a CM say "please move all the way down to the end of the aisle."
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Disney (or anywhere you are given directions) are not generally done to make it hard on people. Quite the contrary; It is to make it easier, safer, and more enjoyable for everyone. The time between many shows is very limited and having people sit where ever they feel like it is very inefficient. One instance that comes to mind is a full house at Mickey's Philharmagic. Every seat will be filled and they have to wait for everyone to sit down or look for some empty seat somewhere. It gets ridicules and it is terribly rude to force people to hunt for a seat.

As has been said, don't try to be the first one in the door. I prefer to sit in the middle so I wait but I don't agree there are bad seats in any show I've been to. There may be some that are better but I think Disney has done a terrific job setting up all their theaters.
    I can't agree more...in fact we sometimes stand right by the people and stare at them...it makes them very uneasy! he he...but in all honesty, if the pre show is packed, guess what, the theater will be too. If its 9:30 at night and their are 20 families, you can bet you will have a choice seat, but otherwise do as Disney says
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I am always offended when others can't follow simple requests, or think they are "too good" to go with the program. As Sam the Eagle says:
    "stopping in the middle of the row is distinctly unpatriotic" !
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: