Quantcast VIP Passes for "Bigwigs" Unethical? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with everyone. Its not a big deal & personally rather have them just go do the fastpass then tie up the lines or even close some of the lines down so they could just get into the ride. As long as Disney isn't giving them free tickets into the park what does it matter.

I live in a small community & we've had the streets shut down when Hillary was first Lady & came to give a speech. Since she became State Senator she has come to the State Fair with Bill. I've been there when she has been there & you would never know it. I've also been there when the Govenor was there. I almost literally ran into him. I didn't realize until after I passed him that who it was. (I was busy with the kids)The real reason other than I did recognize him was everyone following him were wearing suits while he was wearing slacks & 3 button shirt. Dh & I got a chuckle out of it.

I rather not know that someone was at Disney either. It would only distract from my time. It not only people wanting photos bothering them it also ties up the lines from people wanting the photo op with them or trying to talk to them for the rest of us who really don't care to bother them.
    Just got back. Unless we win the lottery or some long lost rich relative leaves me a bunch of money we won't be back for 5 years.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly think it is the best way for everyone. I wouldn't like if the ride was off limits. Celebrities and such wouldn't be safe if they had to walk the parks and stand in line like everyone else. I guess if we don't like it, we can figure out a way to be famous and we can have one too!
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zone Stop View Post
    magicofdisney, they don't actually fly over Disney property.

I also totally agree with this for VIPs who don't want to drag a VIP Tour Guide with their entourage all day. For some people, being openly in public and waiting in regular lines is simply infeasible.
    Not only unfeasible, but possibly dangerous, not only for the person this is to protect, but also for those in the area. Can you imagine the crowding around Johnny Depp when he takes his kids to the park? Why can't he and others just enjoy the park like any other family? Obviously, this is not possible for him.

As KBean said, it should be only for the VIP and family, not for his or her hairdresser and childhood acquaintance that has now become best friend. Maybe they should limit the size the same way they do the wheelchair passes at MK.

I can see where this would be a problem for many high profile politicians an public figures. Everyone is concerned about ethics (no snide comments from me), but the alternative for someone like your president is to sit home and do nothing for fear of being mauled, attacked or accused of favouritism and cronyism. It's a lose-lose situation for him.
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know when the no-fly zone started at Disney World?

I remember that during the 9-11 attacks the people in Washington said they had information that high profile places like Disney World might be attacked. So in response to that they either started the no-fly zone or expanded but I can't remember which it was.

Post Thanks / Like

There are some guests who dont like to make a fuss and will wait in line-
    ut in the case of someone like a president or any high ranking official- I am ok with it- Though i am not ok with their press secratarry tagging along for the ride-
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: