Quantcast Let the Puck Drop! Official NHL Playoff Thread - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BelleLovesTheBeast View Post
    He claims that the refs are right 99% of the time. I hate to say it but I have to disagree.
    Yeah, that's just a ridiculous statement to make anyway. It's the non-calls that are just as important as the wrong calls. Did they review every single second of game footage to look for every single instance where a penalty could have been called, but wasn't.

Not that that's relevant anyway, because I don't think they get 99% of the calls they make right either.

Quote Originally Posted by JPL
    Seems to be working out just about the same as it is for you neither team has won a playoff game yet
    Sorry, brutha. You're all on your own there now.

Flyers 2, Capitals 0.

What's really encouraging me is that, quite honestly, the Flyers have dramatically outplayed the Capitals for 5 out of the 6 periods thus far. If not for that sloppy third period in game one, we'd be up 2-0 right now.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought my Caps had Philly right where they wanted them by trailing by only 2 goals...isn't that where the magic happened for game 1

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    the Flyers have dramatically outplayed the Capitals for 5 out of the 6 periods thus far. If not for that sloppy third period in game one, we'd be up 2-0 right now.
    It seems like my Caps are sleepwalking right now...they better wake up for the next 2 road games. Oh well, at least the "comish" wants us in the Conf finals.
    D-A-D-D-Y needs C-O-F-F-E-E !

May '00 Honeymoon
    March '02 Easter with 7
    Jan ' 03 Romantic Getaway
    Oct '03 MNSSHP
    Aug '06 New addition's 1st trip
    Sept '07 No boys, but everyone else!
    June '09 Everyone !!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by walstib View Post
    It seems like my Caps are sleepwalking right now...they better wake up for the next 2 road games. Oh well, at least the "comish" wants us in the Conf finals.
    It might not be sleepwalking, it might just be nerves.

If I understand correctly, there aren't many guys on the Caps with playoff experience. They're talented, but raw and it's really hard being the favorite when you're inexperienced.

The Flyers have a couple guys with rings on their team, so that could be helping to keep them settled. And, of course, they're the underdogs, so there's not the expectations there are for the Caps.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Overtime here
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Overtime here
    You know what's something... My fiancee lives in South Jersey and is a Devils fan. The game was on VS, but they preempted it in our area for some kind of rodeo competition or something!? What the heck!? The guide still said it was supposed to be playoff hockey as well. I love watching playoff hockey no matter what team. I can't believe they feel that people in that region would rather watch bull riding.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    You know what's something... My fiancee lives in South Jersey and is a Devils fan. The game was on VS, but they preempted it in our area for some kind of rodeo competition or something!? What the heck!? The guide still said it was supposed to be playoff hockey as well. I love watching playoff hockey no matter what team. I can't believe they feel that people in that region would rather watch bull riding.
    To add more to this mystery, apparently when people called VS to complain, they said it was the NHL's decision to black it out????????!!!!!!!
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default rangers in 6

I am worried now that we gave the Devils some sunlight- they may wake up- which scares me.
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

haha- i am on St peter- not far from Karcher-
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17

Post Thanks / Like

Well VS is a joke network the worst move the NHL ever made. I still don't understand how hockey fits in with Rodeo, hunting and fishing shows

That being said big win for the Devs last night Glad they finally exposed "Queen Henrieta" for some goals. And Avery is a disgrace on the ice with that face Guarding of Broduer that the official and his own teammate had to tell him to stop. I really wish someone would put him through the boards already

Let's Go Devils!!!!
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

The new excuse is that somehow they lost the feed in the Philadelphia area and ONLY the Philadelphia area.... sounds fishy to me. Whatever though.
    Oh and by the way, I don't even think I've popped in this thread yet to say...

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

After Chelios comments about Nashville fans....I really want to see the Preds win and Tootoo check him so hard he flies down the ice.

LET'S GO PREDATORS!
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

It's really sad a time of year with some great hockey being played the top News story in the league is about a 2nd rate piece of trash like Avery Atleast the league realizes it and is taking action

The Avery Rule
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mackflava99 View Post
    I am worried now that we gave the Devils some sunlight- they may wake up- which scares me.
    Trust me ... you're talking to a Flyers fan who still remembers to 2000 Conference Finals series ... you should be scared! The only way to deal with a pest like the Devils is to stomp on it and kill it right away.

It's really sad a time of year with some great hockey being played the top News story in the league is about a 2nd rate piece of trash like Avery Atleast the league realizes it and is taking action

The Avery Rule
    You know what? Cry me a darn river, Jeff! I think Avery was just trying to make a point. The refs protect "Marty" in that crease like he's made of glass, for heaven's sake. It's about time someone got in his face and rattled him like that. I'm glad Avery did what he did.

Brodeur gets FAR MORE than adequate protection from the zebras, and honestly I think it's pretty whiny to complain about what Avery did. Tell "Marty" to gut it out and learn to play hockey like the rest of the NHL goalies have to ... with people in your crease.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Avery was trying to agitate Broduer and trying to make a point that he gets preferential treatment in the crease...
    Either way Avery is actually a better hockey player than others realize and most people would like him on their team.
    he looks like a hansen brother in that picture
    Bryan

Post Thanks / Like

While I agree the Marty is overly protected by the refs and it's really frustrating sometimes, I can't say that I blame Jeff for being upset. I'm sure I'd feel the same way if someone was doing that to my goaltender. I do in fact find it unsportsmanlike... but at the same time, so much of what makes hockey great is that kind of controversy
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I don't care. I hate the Devils and will rip them any chance I get.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I bleed Ranger Blue, I am as diehard as they come. I have a Vic hadfield jersey and a Stephan Matteau autographed puck under my pillow. But for some reason i end up going to more Devils than Ranger games each year ( because my best friend has season tickets) so i go and always root against them. This is a tough task because they always find a way to win. As much as I dont like the devils- I have a respect for them, and i actually do like brodeur because i was a goalie in college and appreciate good goaltenders.
    But I still side with Avery-
    Bryan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I don't care. I hate the Devils and will rip them any chance I get.
    Hah, me too. In fact I get called a witch by my fiancé's friend because he's a Devils fan (not super hardcore, but definitely a fan) and I won't let him purchase any kind of Devils memorabilia. We were at a local Model's once and he found an Elias t-shirt. I sad I would burn it if he bought it. He refuses to even consider living in the city with me, so I tell him if I have to sacrifice the city, there will be no Devils merchandise on his person or in my house.

What's even crazier is that he was also a casual Mets fan for a while... over the 6 years we've been dating I finally got him to be a Phillies fan and now baseball is his favorite sport. He went from whining when I'd want to watch games on TV to feverishly checking Spring Training scores!!! Maybe one day I can turn him away from the
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe some day the Flyers will have a real goalie and their fans will understand
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe some day the Flyers will have a real goalie and their fans will understand
    Hey now! I was actually sticking up for you in my first post
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: