Quantcast Best Excursons for 4-Day Wonder?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Excursons for 4-Day Wonder?

DW & I are finally going to go - for our 25th anniversary (a year late). We are booked on the Wonder 4-day, with 2 Castaway Cay stops this May. Any advice on best/worst excursions?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey - I'm replying to myself (have to get rid of the "0"). I've done some research here and on other forums - sounds like Nassau is okay for a little shopping & the pirate's musem, but the best stuff is on Castaway Cay (which is good because we'll be there twice!). No peddlers on Castaway Cay posing as actual tour guides.

I also read that dolphin encounters are better at Discovery Cove than the offerings on the cruise. We may try that, as we are going to Orlando a couple of days early.

Any other questions about excursions, just let me know

I have a Palo question, but I'm going to research that one the same way, rather than take up a post spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry we weren't around to answer your question today.

We've preferred our Nassau day to enjoy a relatively empty ship. We're saving a trip to a pirate museum for when we go to Key West on a 7 day Western.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

If you like snorkeling, that's probably best done with a Nassau excursion. They take you out into much deeper waters and you see a larger variety of fish. Castaway Cay is fine for snorkeling, especially beginners, but you want to be sure to schedule time there earlier in the day. The waters tend to get cloudy as more people kick up the sand.

Discovery Cove is so much better than the Dolphin Excursion. I believe that if you book the excursion through DCL, you're only allowed to interract a bit with the Dolphins, while Discovery Cove allows you time to actually swim with them.

Considering you aren't technically going to have a sea day to simply enjoy the ship, I would stay on board at Nassau. I've been there enough times though, that we sort of know what's there anyway.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks - great tips!

Post Thanks / Like

I think the best excursion we did at Castaway Cay was either the Stingray encounter or the jetski ecological tour. It was ALOT of fun jetskiing out to the sandbar and pretty cool getting a little history lesson while standing out in what feels like the middle of the ocean.
    As for Nassau, I'd highly recommend the pirate museum. It's quite a bit different than the one in Key West (both were alot of fun, just very different exhibits).
    Rob
    WDW Trips - Too many to list due to sig file character count limit! :(

Most Recent Cruise: DCL 7-day Western Caribbean Cruise - 12/29/07 - 01/05/08 - New Year's Eve at Sea! Woo Hoo!

Most Recent WDW Trip: 5-day stay at Old Key West 12/6/12 - 12/10/12

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: