Quantcast No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service?? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KH View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man, I think that a sense of propriety is one of the important things that sets the WDW parks apart from other theme parks. I'm not a prude, but I do wish that people would have the good sense to take a look at their surroundings and understand that their sensibilities might not be appropriate for that particular location. It's really just a question of good manners.
    I'm not even a man but I get grumpy seeing some of the things that pass for clothing at disney.
    My youngest son STILL recalls a few years back riding back to the hotel one night.
    There was a "lady" riding accross from him. We hit a big bump and she "popped out" of her top. MY son's eyes popped out of his head.
    The "lady" gathered up her bits and pieces and stuffed everything back where it belonged.
    Now I know I AM a prude but if you are wearing a top that you can easily "fall out" of and you have no undergarments on then perhaps it's not a good choice for a FAMILY themepark
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree totally! Disney is for famlies!! During our last trip in Dec 06 DH and DDs were on EE (I'm a big chicken but that's another story) and we had wanted to purchase the picture of them on the EE. The picture of DH and DDs looked great until DH pointed out the lady right in front of them and asked me "Do you really want that hanging in our living room??? Her top did not cover much. We were so bummed !!
    All-Star Movies Dec. 2004
    Polynesian Resort Dec. 2006
    All-Star Movies Dec 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but I'm a little bit confused. Is it appropriate for my DD6 to wear one piece swimsuit during the Kali River ride or on the water play area in Ariel's Grotto? We always did this but after this discussion I'm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vorchik View Post
    Sorry, but I'm a little bit confused. Is it appropriate for my DD6 to wear one piece swimsuit during the Kali River ride or on the water play area in Ariel's Grotto? We always did this but after this discussion I'm
    Given that your daughter is 6 and it's a one piece that I'm assuming covers all her bits and pieces I would say that this is fine. If she were 16 wearing a bikini with her parts hanging out, then I would have an issue with it.
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

She would be fine at Kali.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Default its tough to change people

I think you always have to remember there are children around-

Bikini tops are great for me to look at but i wouldnt want my kids to see it- and actually many times the people who wear them, should not be wearing them.

Its always good to think of others when you select your clothes. But many people do not-

it works the other way too-
    I always have a laugh when i see person sweating in June with a sports jacket on going on thunder mountain....
    Or people who wear dress shoes to the park? why?

I dated a girl once who wore highheels to WDW-
    after 45minutes she said- my feet hurt can we go ?
    Obviously we didnt date long
    Last edited by Mackflava99; 04-10-2008 at 03:34 PM. Reason: spelling
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vorchik View Post
    Yes this is fine- but if you grandmother decided to wear her bra as a bikini, then it would be an issue.
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

I get the rules about shirts and shoes, by why not pants? I mean, I find not having pants on a little more offensive.

I guess they can't enforce this rule since Donald and Pooh don't wear pants.

Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Is it appropriate for my DD6 to wear one piece swimsuit during the Kali River ride or on the water play area in Ariel's Grotto?
    No, because Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, EPCOT, and Studios are *NOT* water parks. Yes, there are water *rides* and the play areas, but *in* the theme parks (and on their attractions), swimsuits are NOT permitted.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    No, because Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, EPCOT, and Studios are *NOT* water parks. Yes, there are water *rides* and the play areas, but *in* the theme parks (and on their attractions), swimsuits are NOT permitted.
    Jim, If this is not permitted how come we never see cast members speaking to the "guilty" parties?
    I don't see a problem if the parents bring a swim suit for the kiddies and change them into it to play and get wet then change them back into their dry clothes.
    I have issuses with the adults walking around in the bikini tops or worst bras letting everything hang out. It is NOT estetically pleasing to the eyes :ack.

So, what's the verdict... as someone who has had "issues" with management do you know why don't they inforce this policy throughout the parks?
    Seems like in general either CM's, or Management are picking and chosing which rules and policies to inforce.
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    For men, I'm pretty sure in the regular theme parks it's definitely no shoes, no shirt, no service.

I have seen women in the park wearing bikini tops, though. Not that I particularly encourage it, but I've seen it. No clue what the exact rules on that are, though.

For the waterparks, I've never worn shoes. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think water shoes are allowed on most of the slides. You could probably wear them in the pools, though.

First..every Six Flags i've ever been to was basically a nudist colony

2nd...Men must wear shirts at all times and CMs do enforce this. With women its a little tougher because they sometimes where skimpier tops, but if its obviously a bikini they are told to cover up
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wedway76 View Post
    I’ve tried wearing a bikini top once and the guard stopped me and said “Sir shirts are required inside the park” I was sooooooooooo embarrassed.
    Too funny! Thanks for taking me to my laughing place...
    June 29-July 5th-Shades of Green
    Sep 2013-Port Orleans FQ
    Dec 2010 Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 Pop Century
    Sep 2008 POFQ
    Sep 2006 POFQ
    SOG Dec 2006
    April 2002 All Star
    May 1998 SOG
    June 1993 POFQ
    Disneyland-numerous times since 1966 (Last time-Jul 2012)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: