Quantcast resorts you won't stay at

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default resorts you won't stay at

I was just wondering if there are any disney resorts you will not stay at?
    "Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.”- Winnie The Pooh

Post Thanks / Like

I can't rule any out entirely, but my circumstances would really have to change for me to go back to a moderate or ever try a value. I'm a deluxe fan, and I really love the GF and Polynesian. I may try a few other deluxes eventually. I really can't imagine ever trying Old Key West or Saratoga Springs, but again, if I bought into the DVC, who knows.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I would probably not stay at a value. For me, the extra $$ for a mod is worth it...bigger rooms, fridge, etc.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at all the values, all the moderates and a couple of the deluxes. I will say you get more with more money. However, if you're looking for a clean, comfortable room with friendly service, the values are hard to beat! I have yet to see a room at WDW I had any problems with! Some have been better than others, but none bad.
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at a value resort last year (all star movies) and we had no problem with it. We've got a pretty tight budget and we found that even the value resorts at disney are better than most hotels elsewhere. Our situation was (and will be again when we go back in 36 days!!!) that we only have four days to spend in the park. That means we spend basically NO time in our rooms, and when we ARE there, our eyes are closed So value resort makes sense for us right now.

However, I still make time to eat at 1900 Park Fare so I can go to the GF and drool
    Keep Moving Forward

First Trip: March '07
    Second Trip: May '08
    Third Trip: Hopefully Soon!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I will probably never stay at the Beach Club again and I'm not in any rush to stay at the Grand Floridian

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope. None of them. I would stay at every Disney resort if I could, and love every minute of all of them.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at the Grand Flo many times (our fave), Poly once (loved it), POR twice (terrible), CBR once (loved it), and Pop twice (loved it). Both stays at POR were pretty bad, and we won't return. Plus, we hate the pedestal sinks and tiny shelf. We need a full vanity with two sinks. The condition and cleanliness of the POR rooms were just terrible.

Obviously, we prefer a deluxe resort, but we try to be practical. We had a 12 day stay at the Poly in December, and will have a 7 day stay at the Flo in May. That means we are taking it a little easy in October and doing 13 days at CBR. We'll miss being on the monorail, but I'd rather have 13 days at a mod than only another 7 or 8 days at a deluxe. We are also getting more out of our AP's this way.

I have to giggle at those who say they will never stay at or try a value resort. DH and I used to say that, then we stayed at POP on a very last minute long weekend trip in 2005. WE LOVED IT!!! We even stayed there the following year for a 12 day trip! We were pleasantly surprised at how nice POP was. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Room was quite large (larger than we were expecting after reading posts here), and were very clean and bright. Mousekeeping was wonderful (have to admit....it was better than our mousekeeping at the Poly this past December). Also, we don't mind sharing a full size bed at all. We sleep in one at home (it's my 130+ year old antique bed from home and I love it), so we are used to that size. Plenty of room for two adults.

Just wanted to throw my support to POP....it really is a wonderful resort!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't stay at the ASMusic anymore. We tried it last year and there were WAY TOO MANY tour groups.
    *1993-CBR
    *1995-Dixie Landings
    *1999-2002 OKW (3 times)
    *2003-BCV(got engaged)
    *2005-Poly Concierge(honeymoon)
    *2007-AllStar Music(expecting 1st child)
    *2008- OKW (w/1st child)
    *2012-AKL villas

Post Thanks / Like

I will take any hotel on property. It depends on the finances. Jan we went to the ASmov so we could spend 3 wks there. Other wise we usually go to the AKL and only get to spend 5 nights. But I really want to try all the other resorts.
    Walt will always be my HERO.

1973 - 1999 Disneyland twice a month
    2003 June offsite WDW
    2004 & 2006 Dec. AK
    2007 Feb. PP Disneyland
    2008 Jan. All Star Movies
    2009 Jun. DLH Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

I would not stay at All Star Sports. The theming totally does not appeal to me - at all
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say, there is no way I would consider staying in a tent at Fort Wilderness...

Not for me...

My idea of camping is staying at a value.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

since our dd no longer comes with us , we stay at the All Star Resorts. when dd was with us and we stayed at Dixie (POFQ) because we did more at the resort, but now we are up early and out by 7:30am and we don't return until late, we like to close out the parks, so why should we spend money that we don't need to be spending? i can't see paying in excess of $350 a night to stay at a Deluxe resort, just to shower and sleep? we have had absouletly no issues what so ever staying at the All Stars, and we get the same WDW extra's.

Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

We very likely will NEVER try a value. We are so used to Deluxe now that it's hard to go back down from their, though we probably would do a moderate again.
    Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I would probably not stay at:

AKL - Too far off the beaten path for us.

ASSp - We have three girls, not exactly into football and the like.

OKW - Again too far from where we typically center our stays.

SSR - Too far out for my liking, we'd rather be in the MK or Epcot resort area (even AK but not DTD as we typically visit ther once a trip if at all)

CBR - We did not care for the resort when we stayed there, plus we'd rather be at CS.

POFQ - DM & DDad stayed there and really, really did not like it. So much so that they switched resorts after one night. Since we typically travel with them I cannot forsee us staying there.

Other than that we would try just about anything else. I think that we are going to focus on the MK resort area for a while. We have three DDs and are looking to try for a fourth child in the fall so the Mk area and the monerail is a must these days.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great question. Because we love the location of the epcot resorts we would not try any other location. We love to walk to epcot ws and walk the boardwalk.
    Moe
    1991 CBR, Honeymoon
    2004 POFQ
    2005 BC & Poly
    2006 Yacht Club
    2007 Yacht Club

2009 Boardwalk Inn
    2010 Boardwalk Inn
    2011 Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

I would stay at any of the Disney hotels without question. We may never shell out for a deluxe though. We get back to the room and will be asleep in under an hour I had no problems with All Stars and Pop so I don't see much point in paying more.
    Past trips
    1980 - DisneyWorld somewhere ;)
    2000 - Disney's All Stars
    2005 - Honeymoon @ POP Century
    2008 - POFQ

Man I need to get there more often

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we will ever choose to stay at Yacht Club. We went in one day last trip to check it out.

People looked down their noses at us, like we didn't belong. My beloved wife felt so uncomfortable in the short time we were there that she will not set foot in there again.

It's unfortunate. It is a beautiful resort.

Next time I will remember to not wear the seal skin parka and snow shoes...

If we ever won a trip to stay there, we would. But I would DEFINITELY wear the seal skin parka and snow shoes.

Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so. Although I prefer not to stay at Pop or any of the All-Stars, if it ever happened that I had no choice in the matter, I'd stay there.

ºOºprprincessºOº

WDW-75, 79, 89, 91, 98, 04: Offsite; 01: ASMs & CSR; 02: Dolphin; 03: GF & POR; 06: POFQ & BC; 08: WL; 09: CBR
    DL--97-98: AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Caribbean Beach but only because we have a bad experience here. The resort and everything was pretty cool just too spread out.
    POFQ Jan 2011
    Saratoga Springs May 2010
    POFQ May 2009 and Sept 2009
    POFQ Aug 2008
    POFQ Sept. and March 2007
    POFQ March 2006
    POFQ March 2005 POR July 2005
    POR Dec 2005
    CS August 2004
    Contemporary & POR May/June 2003
    CB May 2002
    OKW 2001