Quantcast resorts you won't stay at

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default resorts you won't stay at

I was just wondering if there are any disney resorts you will not stay at?
    "Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.”- Winnie The Pooh

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't rule any out entirely, but my circumstances would really have to change for me to go back to a moderate or ever try a value. I'm a deluxe fan, and I really love the GF and Polynesian. I may try a few other deluxes eventually. I really can't imagine ever trying Old Key West or Saratoga Springs, but again, if I bought into the DVC, who knows.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I would probably not stay at a value. For me, the extra $$ for a mod is worth it...bigger rooms, fridge, etc.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at all the values, all the moderates and a couple of the deluxes. I will say you get more with more money. However, if you're looking for a clean, comfortable room with friendly service, the values are hard to beat! I have yet to see a room at WDW I had any problems with! Some have been better than others, but none bad.
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at a value resort last year (all star movies) and we had no problem with it. We've got a pretty tight budget and we found that even the value resorts at disney are better than most hotels elsewhere. Our situation was (and will be again when we go back in 36 days!!!) that we only have four days to spend in the park. That means we spend basically NO time in our rooms, and when we ARE there, our eyes are closed So value resort makes sense for us right now.

However, I still make time to eat at 1900 Park Fare so I can go to the GF and drool
    Keep Moving Forward

First Trip: March '07
    Second Trip: May '08
    Third Trip: Hopefully Soon!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I will probably never stay at the Beach Club again and I'm not in any rush to stay at the Grand Floridian

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope. None of them. I would stay at every Disney resort if I could, and love every minute of all of them.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at the Grand Flo many times (our fave), Poly once (loved it), POR twice (terrible), CBR once (loved it), and Pop twice (loved it). Both stays at POR were pretty bad, and we won't return. Plus, we hate the pedestal sinks and tiny shelf. We need a full vanity with two sinks. The condition and cleanliness of the POR rooms were just terrible.

Obviously, we prefer a deluxe resort, but we try to be practical. We had a 12 day stay at the Poly in December, and will have a 7 day stay at the Flo in May. That means we are taking it a little easy in October and doing 13 days at CBR. We'll miss being on the monorail, but I'd rather have 13 days at a mod than only another 7 or 8 days at a deluxe. We are also getting more out of our AP's this way.

I have to giggle at those who say they will never stay at or try a value resort. DH and I used to say that, then we stayed at POP on a very last minute long weekend trip in 2005. WE LOVED IT!!! We even stayed there the following year for a 12 day trip! We were pleasantly surprised at how nice POP was. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Room was quite large (larger than we were expecting after reading posts here), and were very clean and bright. Mousekeeping was wonderful (have to admit....it was better than our mousekeeping at the Poly this past December). Also, we don't mind sharing a full size bed at all. We sleep in one at home (it's my 130+ year old antique bed from home and I love it), so we are used to that size. Plenty of room for two adults.

Just wanted to throw my support to POP....it really is a wonderful resort!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

I would not have a problem staying at any of them. Of course, I have my preferences and also some that I'm less interested at staying at due to theming. For example, the theming at POR doesn't appeal to me yet it is very popular on these boards. But I love CBR while it is not popular here.

I would like to try all the resorts at some point.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't turn down a chance to stay at a Disney Resort, but there are two that I really don't have much desire to stay at....the Contemporary and All Star Sports. I probably will at some point in my quest to stay at all of them, but they'd probably only be one time stays....I just don't think I like the theming of them. But heck, to be staying anywhere at Disney is indeed better than not being there at all!

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    *Boardwalk Inn *Bay Lake Tower
    *Contemporary *Old Key West
    *Polynesian Resort *Animal Kingdom Lodge
    * Port Orleans French Quarter
    * Fort Wilderness
    *Art of Animation * Pop Century
    * All Star Movies, Music & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    I would like to try all the resorts at some point.
    That's our goal as well. We are working hard at getting this done.

We have yet to try:
    Grand Floridian
    Old Key West
    AKV (planned for Jan 09)
    POFQ (but we are booked for 2 nights in Sept )

We have stayed everywhere else.

There are some resorts we prefer, but not a one that we wouldn't return to.
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

I think the worst WD resort would still be pretty great, but I am least interested in All Star sports, Saratoga Springs and Old Key West. I'd really like to try all the deluxe resorts, POP, Carribbean, New Orleans....yes, it would be great to try them all!! AKL still my favorite.
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

When it comes to staying "on property" or off, I would take "any" disney resort over having to drive in.

You do get what you pay for at Disney.

There is a big difference between value and deluxe resorts. Much of the "value" added between those highly depends on how much time you spend at the resort.

We choose to spend a fair amount of time at our resorts and tend to lean towards the nicer resorts because of that.

To date, our favorite resorts in this order is

WLV
    POR
    POFQ
    BWV
    ASMu

We did not care that much for Boardwalk because of the lack of a "good" food court. Waiting over a half hour for breakfeast out of the bakery was silly. Imagine how the person in front of us that just wanted a coffee refill felt...... We loved the pool though! But over all... it will be a LONG while before we will stay there again! It barely rates above All Star Music - only because the room was a DVC 1 bedroom suite.

In the long run I would take staying at a value over staying anywhere off property.

Disney is Disney after all.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poly

Polynesian is not on our popularity list.
    I don't think it has the special magic that I meet in the other resorts. It's kind of "regular 70's hotel/motel" feeling.
    Although the sorroundings are truly beautiful, the resort itself doesn't do it for me.
    PEA_Swe
    (45 yo guy in Sweden)
    -------------------------
    Disneyland Resort Paris - 2001 & 2003
    Disneyland Hotel - Castle Club Concierge
    Walt Disney World - 2005 (First Time)
    All Star Movies Resort - 2 nights
    Wilderness Lodge - 13 nights
    Boardwalk Inn - 8 nights

Post Thanks / Like

we have never stayed in a mod or a value so i can't say we would never stay in one - we don't have any plans to stay in one but the way i look at it is you're at disney i can't imagine not wanting to go or not wanting to stay on property - i can say the one place i would never stay is off property
    playdead88

boardwalk villas may 2005
    boardwalk villas may 2006
    beach club villas april 2007

wilderness lodge april 2008
    DVC member april 08
    animal kingdom villas may 09

Post Thanks / Like

Other than the DVCs, which I have no desire to be involved with, I think the only resorts that I would truly rule out would be the Contemporary and CBR. As far as the Contemporary goes, I would only ever consider an MK view room, and for that price I would go somewhere with better themeing. As for CBR, if we ever stayed in a moderate it would be CSR or POR.

I'm not a big fan of the GF either, but DW may make me end up there someday.
    Mike

Trips: 1983,1986,1988,1991 - Off-site
    Jan 2001 - WL
    Nov 2004 - WL

Sep 2005 - AKL
    Sep 2007 - Poly
    May 2009 - CBR
    May 2010 - Poly
    Oct 2010 - Pop
    May 2012 - BC
    Next trip May 2014 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Well ... we're DVC members, so it's pretty unlikely that we'll ever stay at a value again. Except for the fact that I have a goal to have stayed in every Walt Disney World resort at some point.

Thus far, I'm only missing these:

• Shades of Green
    • Swan
    • Dolphin
    • Ft. Wilderness
    • All Star Music
    So the likely scenario is that, for one night of a trip or something, we'll book into ASM just to say we stayed there.

Not sure when/if I'll ever get to Ft. Wilderness, though.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

i would stay at any resort depending on my budget, i couldnt stay at any of the resorts near the MK because i couldnt afford them
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

I personall would stay any place but my wife is a reluctant traveler at best so her comfort level at the resort we stay at is the key to a great vacation. Because of that we now only book at the Beach Club because she absolutely loves it there.

So I don't see myself staying any place other than the Beach Club, but if I had to I would stay anywhere.

Jay

Post Thanks / Like

Proabably will never stay at a Value.
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: