Quantcast Pre-trip Report: As the Disney World Turns with a Hop, a Skip and a Jump...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pre-trip Report: As the Disney World Turns with a Hop, a Skip and a Jump...

As the “Disney World” Turns… with “a hop, a skip, and a jump”. .

Traveling Cast Members

Angel-- Here We Go Again…. Aka HOP family.
    Sherrie – Mrs. SgtTigger… AKA SKIP family
    Beth – MsMin AKA JUMP family
    Resident Cast Members:
    Jeanne – Piglet822
    Terri – Teay
    Dates: April 4th – 9th
    There is some powerful pixie dust out there huh? One day Angel is asking for b/c she’s blue and missing the world and pow! Here we are doing the single digit dance….

So yes, I’ve named this after a soap opera. Why? because we are blending members from 3 different families, Hop, Skip and Jump and 3 cities across south Louisiana. Three women who love the same mouse and will discover if we can survive sharing this love To sum up this cast they could be otherwise known as “a hop, a skip, and a jump”.

Angel Hop, yes I’m poking fun at her bad knee. Hop is a very fun loving Cajun gal with a very loving husband who hopes his honey hop hops home before helping herself to half of Disney and a sweet child (yes Angel I said sweet), little Hippy Hop who she is leaving behind, poor child ( I bet Sgt. Skip would bring you). Angel Hop loves her family, Mickey, enjoys life and friends but secretly hides her pain from the evil knee(yes I know there are two knees but go with it please). Insert suspenseful soap opera music dun dun dunnnnnnn…..Will knee ruin this trip with unbearable pain? NO we say… think positive thoughts. Will Skip and Jump be able to tell when hop starts to hop and is hiding her pain and doing too much??? stay tuned...

Sherrie Skip… The “Skip” family is so named because of their reputation to “skip” stuff at Disney. She and her husband Sgt.Skip have frequented Disney so often they love to lounge the Wilderness Lodge, their favorite resort, which Jump doesn’t understand because it looks just like their home. Sherrie Skip is another sweet Louisiana woman who is very loving and giving and will skip her favorite skips to make her friends happy…. Dun dun dunnnnnn…. Will Skip skip her skips to keep her friends happy???? Mainly Jump who can't keep still. Let’s hope she doesn’t skip too many so she can enjoy the trip too…. P.S. notice her friends skipped the invite to SgtSkip. While Skip skips her other skip will Sgt Skip miss the skips she doesn’t get to skip? Stay tuned…..

Beth Jump… The Jump family is from central Louisiana between Hop and Skip. Yes, you guessed it, Beth jumps at any chance to go to WDW and is celebrating an unnumbered birthday. The Jump family is very ADD. They go commando through the parks just jumping from one attraction to the other. Beth leaves behind her kids who love Disney and her loving dogs who also love to jump. The kids who yes, jump at the chance to have the house to themselves, won’t miss her. So Beth faces the challenge of jumping to Disney without her Jr. Jumpers. Can she survive? Will she stop jumping and enjoy the ambiance of Disney or drive her friends crazy? Will she jump into every shop telling Hop she must jump at the chance to buy every souvenir? Dun Dun Dunnnnn… Beth Jump is very suspicious of her friends who may slip her a little decaf….
    stay tuned...

The Plan….
    Yes, there is sort of a plan… The plan is to see that everyone has a great time. We want to go to all 4 parks and take a day off (maybe if Beth can tolerate the decaf)
    Friday, April 4th
    Angel arrives in BR on Friday … late morning and we pack and make sandwiches and take off for Chalmette or New Orleans East to pick up Sherrie.
    We plan to drive to Lake City (farther if Beth is driving and they fall asleep )
    Saturday, April 5th
    We will get up early and get to WDW on Sat. we plan to play around the resorts and maybe shop and if we can’t stand it we will go into the park. We may avoid the parks depending on the crowds.
    Sunday, April 6th
    We hope to meet up with Terri (TEAY) and with Jeanne (Piglet822) We hope to spend a large portion of the day going to AK and I hope to get Sherrie and Angel on EE. ITTBAB is a must….! Then we will switch to DHS and have a late lunch at SciFi (I’ve never been). With EMH we hope to catch Fantasmic depending on the crowds.
    Monday, April 7th
    We plan to go to MK and I will get my first ever Birthday button! With EMH the park will be open til 2am… don’t know if any of us can make it up til then. Jeanne and Jim may join us. We have a dinner ADR @ the Kona Grill so mid afternoon we will take a break at the Poly… suggestions for great celebratory drinks are requested!!
    Tuesday, April 8th.
    The plan is for EPCOT if we don’t do it Saturday. I think we are all thrilled with the Flower and Garden Festival and want to take many many pictures!
    Wednesday, April 9th.
    Check-out day. We will putt around a little, pack, shop and head back with may wonderful memories….
    Tuned in on April 10th when we return, same website, same thread.
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you three have a GREAT trip!!

Post Thanks / Like

It is so much fun to go to WDW with girlfriends and let the outside world just fade away. I hope you all have fun, and at least try to appear to behave yourselves.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Something tells me you either slipped something alcoholic in with that caffeine today or you had too much time on your hands! I could hardly keep up with this wacky report and I somewhat know the history of you guys from what you all have posted here. It sounds like a great trip though - I can't wait to read those reports when you return.

BTW, how are you managing to get out without Bret? Does it involve a stun gun or anything? If it does, I want pics!
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Might I suggest the Lapu Lapu from the Tambu Lounge to celebrate your birthday? It comes in a pineapple!

I hope you ladies have a wonderful time and I am looking forward to reading your reports!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Too funny! I believe the three of you will have a wonderful and wacky time! Looking forward to the next episode of "As the Disney World turns"....
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    Something tells me you either slipped something alcoholic in with that caffeine today or you had too much time on your hands! I could hardly keep up with this wacky report and I somewhat know the history of you guys from what you all have posted here. It sounds like a great trip though - I can't wait to read those reports when you return.

BTW, how are you managing to get out without Bret? Does it involve a stun gun or anything? If it does, I want pics!
    I think someone did slip a little something in her coffee... No, wait, Beth is always like this.
    As you can see, I am going to be in the World with quite a group.
    There is laid back Sherrie
    Hyper Beth
    Psyco Jeanne
    Green Light Terri (you would never understand until you see her in a game room)
    I fit somewhere in the middle... I just go with the flow. As long as I have something to drink and eat (and the occasional pain pill) I am good to go.

Poor Bret.... I told him that he could come but he would have to sleep between me and Beth... for some reason he ran away screaming.

And trust me, there will be plenty of pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    Might I suggest the Lapu Lapu from the Tambu Lounge to celebrate your birthday? It comes in a pineapple!

I hope you ladies have a wonderful time and I am looking forward to reading your reports!
    A Lapu Lapu will be the first thing we order.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Here we go again... View Post
    I think someone did slip a little something in her coffee... No, wait, Beth is always like this.
    As you can see, I am going to be in the World with quite a group.
    There is laid back Sherrie
    Hyper Beth
    Psyco Jeanne
    Green Light Terri (you would never understand until you see her in a game room)
    I fit somewhere in the middle... I just go with the flow. As long as I have something to drink and eat (and the occasional pain pill) I am good to go.
    Oh yea RIGHT........ NOT

Poor Bret.... I told him that he could come but he would have to sleep between me and Beth... for some reason he ran away screaming.
    I dont remember any running or screaming............

BRET/TTFN
    DVC Member 7/04 Wilderness Lodge Villas 6-08 Saratoga Springs
    Next Trip 6-16
    Disney Cruise 6-16
    Disney World tons of times

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBrad View Post
    Hope you three have a GREAT trip!!
    Thanks..
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipnDaleGal View Post
    It is so much fun to go to WDW with girlfriends and let the outside world just fade away. I hope you all have fun, and at least try to appear to behave yourselves.
    I can't wait.. We had so much fun together last summer when they met at my house for dinner. At least Angel and Sherrie are both used to people drinking and dancing in the street!
    Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post

Hmmmm stun gun I didn't think of that I don't know if I can post what Angel told him Basically if he came he would suffer. I don't know if he is used to being with all women.
    My kids and I are always playing little word games and I knew Angel may be hopping along so I just took it from there...but that's not the original draft.. I am a little batty this week w/ so much going on here (the 3 BD's). I was waiting for Rachel to get here and she was VERY late.
    Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    Lapu Lapu sounds great... yummm. I can't wait I love Polynesian drinks...and nobody has to drive home.
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    Too funny! I believe the three of you will have a wonderful and wacky time! Looking forward to the next episode of "As the Disney World turns"....
    Wish you could join us. Angel and Sherrie are great friends and though I hate leaving the guys and kids at home I know we will chat and laugh a lot!
    I thought of my Ohio friends today. It's been a little cooler but the temps still hit 75. Spring won't last much longer here.
    Next

AKV Savannah 8/08
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great time!
    1988,97,98*,99, 2000,01*,02*,04*,05*,07,08*,09,11,12*,13*'14*,15&, 16*,17(*=2x that year &=3x) on site WDW
    Next trip to WDW: Planning October 2017 and beyond! I love my AP!
    1991 DL 1993 DL Paris
    "If we can dream it, we can do it"
    "The harder I work, the luckier I get"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    Wish you could join us. Angel and Sherrie are great friends and though I hate leaving the guys and kids at home I know we will chat and laugh a lot!
    I thought of my Ohio friends today. It's been a little cooler but the temps still hit 75. Spring won't last much longer here.
    Thanks Beth! Wish I could be there to! Thanks for thinking of us here in Ohio.. our weather ain't too bad.. 50's now.. almost springlike.. today we are getting another 2 inches of rain.. so I'm sure there will be more flooding... ick! Anyway - hope your trip is full of magic! Please give Stitch a hug for me!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

I can see that Beth is trying to bend the Space/Time continuum here....or is the new DHS doing Star Trek weekends instead and yall will be beaming from park to park?! Only the Yoda knows....

Maybe I'm the one juggling physics here cuz I was SURE that yall were arriving last weekend and now I've picked up an all day shift at Pangani on April 5, so looks like I'll be missing out on most of the fun.
    Hey Angel, will you smuggle out a Lapu Lapu or three for me??!
    sigh....
    Carpe Diem!
    **WDW too many times to count since 1971!!**
    *Contemporary*All Star Movies, Music, Sports*Caribbean Beach*Pop Century*Wilderness Lodge*Polynesian*Port Orleans French Quarter*Beach Club*Grand Floridian*Animal Kingdom Lodge*Saratoga Springs*Yacht Club*Old Key West*Swan and Dolphin*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teay View Post
    I can see that Beth is trying to bend the Space/Time continuum here....or is the new DHS doing Star Trek weekends instead and yall will be beaming from park to park?! Only the Yoda knows....

Maybe I'm the one juggling physics here cuz I was SURE that yall were arriving last weekend and now I've picked up an all day shift at Pangani on April 5, so looks like I'll be missing out on most of the fun.
    Hey Angel, will you smuggle out a Lapu Lapu or three for me??!
    sigh....
    Lapu Lapu's are on the 7th at Kona. There is a seat reserved with your name on it!!
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Teay View Post
    sigh....

I am sure Angel told you last weekend just to throw you off........

BRET/TTFN
    DVC Member 7/04 Wilderness Lodge Villas 6-08 Saratoga Springs
    Next Trip 6-16
    Disney Cruise 6-16
    Disney World tons of times

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, we might hit 45 today! Spring MIGHT get here someday. Haha!

You'll enjoy Sci Fi, it's a really cool place.

Have fun, and have a Happy Birthday!

Let me know how the Flower and Garden Festival is at Epcot if you have a chance. That's one of our future trips.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

I sure wish you ladies would bring a laptop with you. I would love to hear live reports!! Be safe and have a great time.
    LORI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    Hey, we might hit 45 today! Spring MIGHT get here someday. Haha!

You'll enjoy Sci Fi, it's a really cool place.

Have fun, and have a Happy Birthday!

Let me know how the Flower and Garden Festival is at Epcot if you have a chance. That's one of our future trips.
    We are excited about the Flower and Garden..
    Its starting to get so warm my pansys are already starting to look a little wilted and most of the spring flowers are finished.
    Thanks Scott. I will have a drink and think of you all here on intercot!
    Quote Originally Posted by daparish View Post
    I sure wish you ladies would bring a laptop with you. I would love to hear live reports!! Be safe and have a great time.
    I wish you could have come. I don't know if anyone is bringing a laptop?
    Next

AKV Savannah 8/08
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06

Post Thanks / Like

Got it covered. Beth is in charge of trip reports.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I wish you could have come. I don't know if anyone is bringing a laptop?
    I am so jealous. Unfortunately this is my really busy time of the year at work.

Got it covered. Beth is in charge of trip reports.
    Thanks Angel!!!! Somehow, I doubt any of you will have time to post them but I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    LORI

Post Thanks / Like

I am so jealous. Unfortunately this is my really busy time of the year at work.

Thanks Angel!!!! Somehow, I doubt any of you will have time to post them but I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    My biggest problem is will I remember my password b/c I have it on auto load here. Then so is my email so will I remember that. I had better pack my passwords. I can type fast....
    Next

AKV Savannah 8/08
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: