Quantcast First Cruise - odd question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default First Cruise - odd question

Hi everyone,

We are contemplating taking our first cruise to St. Croix in October 2009. DH and I are really excited about it.

My odd question is, is there someplace on board the ship that we can watch sports, mainly the baseball playoffs (on FOX). I saw on one site there is a sports bar that shows ESPN, but that won't cut it for DH or for me.

Thanks for any help you can give me. Any other advice or tips are great too!
    Bethie aka BethieTink

DVC Member 2006 - BCV

Upcoming - Oct 09 - 1 night at AKL, 7 night Eastern Carribean Cruise on the Magic, 3 nights at BCV

Last Trip - Jan 09 - MLK Weekend at WLV

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi There

On deck 3 is Diversions, the sports pub. They have multiple tvs around the room and they do not only show ESPN. On a cruise back in Sept/October they were showing the baseball playoffs on a couple of the tvs. Occasionally they even show big games up on deck on the arielview tv over the family pool.
    MK Merchandise CM

9/03 Wonder 4 night
    9/05 Wonder 4 night
    3/06 Magic 7 night
    9/06 Magic 7 night
    3/07 Magic 7 night
    9/07 Magic 7 night
    12/07 Wonder 3 night
    3/08 Wonder 3 night
    12/08 Magic 7 night
    4/09 Wonder 3 night

Post Thanks / Like

The above post is true. They showed the 2007 NFL playoffs on the Ariel View TV (I call it the Dumbotron) on deck 9/10. They also have Diversions, and often have sport type foods there as well (nachos, hotdogs, etc.... esp beer!)

Now, all viewings are subject to satellite signal. For one half of one of the football games, we didn't have audio, but what audio we had was in Spanish. The rest of the game had english audio.

So just be forewarned that while it may be scheduled in Diversions or by Goofy's Pool, it may not be possible to see it.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

OK this is our first Disney Cruise also and as weird as it sounds I am really looking forward to going to Diversions..... I think it will be a great place to relax and watch a baseball game........

Why I cant say but this has really hit a spot with me........ but I am looking forward to it......

BRET/TTFN
    DVC Member 7/04 Wilderness Lodge Villas 6-08 Saratoga Springs
    Next Trip 6-16
    Disney Cruise 6-16
    Disney World tons of times

Post Thanks / Like

We are doing our first cruise over New Year's 08-09.
    I have been assured that we will be able to see all the college football we want- in Diversions, and maybe a few more locations.
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I spent every night in Diversions on one of our cruises. It was early January, so lots of bowl games going on. We'd sit at the backgammon table, order our Baileys and there were always free munchies available.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone!!!

This is exactly what we wanted to hear. Now, DH can relax that if the Red Sox are in the playoffs in 2009, he will be able to see them. And probably get to catch the Pats too.

We have definitely decided that we are doing the 7 Night Eastern Cruise to St. Croix, leaving on October 10, 2009. We are so excited!!
    Bethie aka BethieTink

DVC Member 2006 - BCV

Upcoming - Oct 09 - 1 night at AKL, 7 night Eastern Carribean Cruise on the Magic, 3 nights at BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BethieTink View Post
    Thanks everyone!!!

This is exactly what we wanted to hear. Now, DH can relax that if the Red Sox are in the playoffs in 2009, he will be able to see them. And probably get to catch the Pats too.

We have definitely decided that we are doing the 7 Night Eastern Cruise to St. Croix, leaving on October 10, 2009. We are so excited!!
    We are booked on the same cruise! Welcome aboard shipmate!
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
    We are booked on the same cruise! Welcome aboard shipmate!
    Thanks!!! We booked today with MJ!! We are so excited. Stateroom 7068. Now we just have to wait more than 18 months. We should get together and have a drink or something. That would be awesome!!! Can't wait.
    Bethie aka BethieTink

DVC Member 2006 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Why would you spoil your vacation by watching the Sox get beat by the Yankees and the Pats getting beat by the Giants (again!)
    *1993-CBR
    *1995-Dixie Landings
    *1999-2002 OKW (3 times)
    *2003-BCV(got engaged)
    *2005-Poly Concierge(honeymoon)
    *2007-AllStar Music(expecting 1st child)
    *2008- OKW (w/1st child)
    *2012-AKL villas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BethieTink View Post
    Thanks!!! We booked today with MJ!! We are so excited. Stateroom 7068. Now we just have to wait more than 18 months. We should get together and have a drink or something. That would be awesome!!! Can't wait.
    AWESOME! We are in stateroom 8560. We can countdown together, maybe it will make the time go faster. LOL!

A drink sounds great! On our first cruise last month I discovered the Pineapple Mojioto - yum! Do you have kids or is it just you and DH?
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
    AWESOME! We are in stateroom 8560. We can countdown together, maybe it will make the time go faster. LOL!

A drink sounds great! On our first cruise last month I discovered the Pineapple Mojioto - yum! Do you have kids or is it just you and DH?
    I am just so excited that we are booked. Just me and DH. We have 3 feline boys that will be safe at home, while Mom and Dad sail the Caribbean. I am all for a dual countdown and a pineapple mojito!! We are really looking forward to the wine, beer, martini and tequila tastings!!! WOOHOO!!! We do Drink Around the World at EPCOT, so I guess we will drink around the Boat on this trip. What a great way to spend our 7th anniversary.
    Bethie aka BethieTink

DVC Member 2006 - BCV

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: