Quantcast Remember These? - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Remember These?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McGoofy View Post
    I don't know exactly what a barrel purse is, but in 1983, I remember having a purse with a wooden handle that you could change the cover of the purse out. The cloth covers buttoned to the handle and they were reversible. You were really preppy if you had a plaid one or pink and green one!
    I saw these again in Nordstrom last summer and about fell over! I had one when I was a girl and they were maybe $15-25 then. The ones I saw last summer were a whopping $75 with a brand name attached (I can't remember what it was-light pink script-I think Lily Pulitzer maybe) and I about died. I had tons of covers for it along with solids that were monogramed.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Charleston, SC- 395.4 miles/6 hrs. & 15 min. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessjojo View Post
    I saw these again in Nordstrom last summer and about fell over! I had one when I was a girl and they were maybe $15-25 then. The ones I saw last summer were a whopping $75 with a brand name attached (I can't remember what it was-light pink script-I think Lily Pulitzer maybe) and I about died. I had tons of covers for it along with solids that were monogramed.
    Yep, that's the one! I don't know why I can't remember what they were called. Were they called Bermuda bags?
    Tara °O°

AP holder since '03 and DVC owner since '08

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone else just love the show Facts of LIfe? I wanted to go to that school so bad, LOL. I am hoping it comes out on DVD, I'd love to get it for my girls to watch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyAD View Post
    Do you remember Ditto Paper? Before Xerox copy machines were in schools. Remember the smell?
    I remember ditto paper and the smell ... Especially when I was in elementary school. It was the strongest when the teacher had just made the tests.

Quote Originally Posted by mook3y View Post
    I remember :

Basic Calculators with red lights that were like $400+

Pong was the first video game
    My mom had one of those first calculators with the bright red lit lights. She always talked about how much it cost.

We also had (and still have) one of the original Pong games. We used to play it all the time when we were kids. Several years ago I found it in my dad's garage and took it ... now I have it.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyCrazyET View Post
    LPs, 45s and 78s and a record player.
    My bother and I played all kinds of records on our small record player 45's, LPs and we had a couple of 78s. There was a little switch where we could change the speed of the turntable. We had many classic Disney story records. I still know 101 Dalmations very well, not from the movie, but from listening to the story record over and over when I was a kid. The same was true for Mickey and the Beanstock.

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyAD View Post
    Found a Reel to Reel movie projector in my Grandmother's closet when we were cleaning it out after she died (2 yrs ago).
    My dad still has his 8mm film projector, though several years ago I transfered all our home movies to DVD. Growing up he was always shooting our vacations on movie film. Our first trip to Disneyland and Sea World were shot on 8mm film. It was always exciting when we got the film developed and dad would take out the movie screen to see a vacation or trip.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimenyfan View Post
    The Barbie townhouse where you used the pully to raise the elevator.
    OMG!!! I had that!! I also had the Barbie motor home. I totally forgot about those!

I had a Monchichi, and I believe they still sell them in the Japan store in Epcot.

I remember living to watch the Dukes of Hazzard, Remington Steel and Night Rider. I was like a kid again when the new Night Rider was on TV last month. Looney Tunes was a must-do on Saturday mornings.

I remember riding bicycles without helmets, and amazingly, I survived.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1 View Post
    Did anyone else just love the show Facts of LIfe? I wanted to go to that school so bad, LOL. I am hoping it comes out on DVD, I'd love to get it for my girls to watch.
    I loved that TV show!! It was one of my favorites too!!

AND you're in luck!! Check this out Sheri!!
    http://search.ebay.com/search/search...DVD&category0=

I also loved Three's Company!!!!! What a geek eh????
    Remember when it was all the rage to have a new walkman too to play you're brand new cassettes on??? lol....man did I run through batteries!

OHHHH and anyone remember The Donny & Marie Show [I think it was on Saturday evenings] I was only like 5 years old at the time so this was around 1976!!!! I was in love with Donnie...we even saw the Live on Stage Donnie & Marie Show one time when it came to Phoenix, AZ!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

It's out on DVD already, I've seen it in the stores! I haven't bought it yet, but plan on buying it.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I loved Different Strokes, Facts of Life and Three's Company(I always watch when its on TV Land.) How about the season finally of MASH, and does anyone else remember Slam Books, they were popular when I was in middle school(78-80)
    Up Next
    15 Disney Hilton Head Jul 5 - Jul 7
    15 Disney Dream Jul 1 - Jul 5
    15 Beach Club Jun 27- Jul 1
    14 Dolphin Resort Jun 12-16
    13 Fort Wilderness Christmas Dec 20- Dec 26

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trennedy View Post
    I had a Mrs. Beasley doll, from the t.v. show Family Affair, does anyone remember her? I had her fixed up awhile back. I have her laying on the bed in my guest room in the basement.
    My DS won't look at her though, he said she looks like Chuckie!
    My first lunch box was a "Family Affair" lunch box!

Someone posted about the purses with the wooden handles - my dad (a carpenter) made a set of handles for me, and my mom attached fabric for the lining, then made covers for me to match some of my clothes. I think I still have it somewhere.

Also, to show my age: who remembers the "Close and Play" record player? I think it was made by Kenner. I also had a Suzy Homemaker Soda Fountain. I really wanted one of the other appliances, but I think "Santa" had to settle for what he could find. There was a doll called "Baby Catch-a-Ball" that was my first introduction into marketing. In the commercials, a little girl played happily with the doll in a beautiful room with a canopy bed while soft music played, throwing the ball to the doll, and waiting for it to be thrown back. I got one for Christmas when I was about 6. She did, in fact, throw the ball back, but she made a loud grinding noise in the process! I think I played with her long enough for the first set of batteries to run out, and I'm not sure she ever had batteries again.
    Last edited by alphamommy; 03-17-2008 at 05:22 PM. Reason: more info.
    Tammy

8/78, 5/88, 3/90, 3/94 - WDW - Off-Site
    5/86, 7/91, 3/99 - DL - Off-Site
    10/97, 7/98 - WDW - Poly
    7/01 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #1
    2/02 - WDW - WL
    7/03 - WDW - Poly - surprise b-day trip
    12/04 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #2
    1/06 - WDW - Poly - surprise 6th b-day for DD

Post Thanks / Like

THANKS TERRA!!!! Next time I am down your way, lunch is on moi

I just remembered the coolest thing I had--Fonzie socks!! They were knee hi and had Fonzie on them with the thumbs up. I remember how cool I thought they were and my friends liked them, too. Ayyyy!

I had a close and play, wow, memories! I had the Barbie house with the elevator and the airplane too. I also had these little Wizard of Oz dolls from Meco ??? And Honey Hill Bunch dolls.

You know what's sad? Our kids are going to say "remember how all our toys were recalled"

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Sorry, folks. That stuff was all before my time.

Great thread...keep it coming!
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

OMG! "You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have the Facts of Life..." LOVED the FOL as well as Different Strokes, Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley and Three's Company....great memories!!

It seems like a lot of shows to watch, but back then they were 1/2 hour shows. I can remember cramming by brother, me and my mom in her bed on Saturday night and watching a 9" B&W tv. During the commercials we would horse around and dad would holler up, "Hey, settle down up there!"

Thanks for the smile, this is a great topic!
    Karen

DVC Owners at SSR & BLT
    1994-Offsite Honeymoon
    2003-May ASM-1st Time for Kids
    2005-Feb AKL
    2006-May SSR
    2006-Aug OKW
    2007-May VWL
    2007-Aug SSR
    2008- May BWV
    2009- Aug Cruise (Wonder) & WDW
    2009 -Dec Last minute Christmas trip
    2010-May BLT

2011- Aug- DISNEY DREAM!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TiggTigg5 View Post
    Sorry, folks. That stuff was all before my time.
    You're not foolin' us. We can see that you're a Senior Imagineer old boy.

By the way, anybody remember when the circus actually played in a tent?
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

THANKS TERRA!!!! Next time I am down your way, lunch is on moi

I just remembered the coolest thing I had--Fonzie socks!! They were knee hi and had Fonzie on them with the thumbs up. I remember how cool I thought they were and my friends liked them, too. Ayyyy!

I had a close and play, wow, memories! I had the Barbie house with the elevator and the airplane too. I also had these little Wizard of Oz dolls from Meco ??? And Honey Hill Bunch dolls.

You know what's sad? Our kids are going to say "remember how all our toys were recalled"

Yay!! he he!!

It is sad about our kids and the recalls!

Shoot David's going to remember more "old fashioned toys" because I try to get him mostly wood toys...lol....

I remember the Circus in a tent!!!!!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Alot of people mentioned record players - how about the ones that came in a case and you could carry it around like a piece of luggage. Did you ever weigh down the needle with coins? I think I got up to 2 quarters and 1 nickle. How about cleaning the lint off the needle and the sound it would make (if turned on).

I had Mork suspenders.

I remember seeing Grease in the theatre when it first came out (I was 6 or 7), hoping that High school would be like that. Boy was I disappointed

Did your mom ever mix different cereals together? When there was just a little bit left in a box, my mom would put it in a huge jar. Next box, did the same. OMG, the taste was I can still remember the taste. We had: Fruit Loops, Corn Flakes, King Vitamin, etc all mixed together.

Remember playing (outside) Kick the Can? Hide & Go seek, climbing trees (and wearing green & brown so no one could find you), drawing a hop-scotch in the street or drive way. Inside card games - Solitare, Go Fish, War, Slap Jack. My step-daughters have gotten into playing real cards (13 & 15).

How about Clue - Colonel Mustard did it in the Library with the Pipe
    So many ideas, so little time. I need a part-time job to support my craft habit.

Post Thanks / Like

ShelbyAD~

Your post made me think of "Spoons" did anyone used to play that game. It was all we played with my cousins. Kinda like musical chairs but with cards...enough spoons in the middle of the table for all but one of us. You would pass cards until you got 3-4 of a kind(don't really remember now), then you would try to sneak a spoon from the middle, once you grabbed everyone could grab, one with no spoon was out....I LOVED that game!
    1978-offsite
    December 2003-POR
    June 2005-POFQ
    February 2006-Off site
    June 2006-POFQ
    March 2007-POFQ
    June 6-13, 2008- POFQ

Next: Christmas-New Year's Disneyland or World...not sure yet, but I will be at one!!!!!

Charleston, SC- 395.4 miles/6 hrs. & 15 min. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AuntDJ View Post
    ShelbyAD~

Your post made me think of "Spoons" did anyone used to play that game. It was all we played with my cousins. Kinda like musical chairs but with cards...enough spoons in the middle of the table for all but one of us. You would pass cards until you got 3-4 of a kind(don't really remember now), then you would try to sneak a spoon from the middle, once you grabbed everyone could grab, one with no spoon was out....I LOVED that game!
    Yep we played that sometimes.

Now your post made me think of "Silver Spoons." Did anybody watch that with Ricky Schroeder?? I always thought his bedroom was so cool!
    Tara °O°

AP holder since '03 and DVC owner since '08

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

Post Thanks / Like

I remember Captain Noah when I was a kid (grew up in the Philly suburbs, where I still live). "Send your pictures to dear old Captain Noah..." Great stuff. And I remember Larry Ferrari, Al Alberts and of course, Dancin' on Air!

I saw Donny and Marie at the Valley Forge Music Fair when I was 7 years old...oh, anyone from Philly remember when the Music Fair was just a tent?

And, I do remember when the circus was in a tent. I took DS last year and they didn't even have any big cats and it was only one ring.

I remember one of my favorite toys was a Holly Hobbie colorform set. I loved it because I was really into Little House on the Prarie, and Holly Hobbie wore the same bonnets as Laura Ingalls

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Yesterday.....All Our Troubles Seemed So Far Away...

Some random rememberances...

Sitting on the living room couch eating dinner while watching the news reports from Vietnam.

Hot Wheels - with that funky orange track you had to assemble!

32 cents a gallon for gas.

Rotary dial telephones.

CB Radios! (10-4 good buddy).

My first car - a Chevy Vega.

Red Ball Jets, tie-dye shirts, and aviator glasses.

Watching, along with about 2.5 billion other people, Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin as they walked on the moon.

The 55MPH national speed limit.

When AM radio was the only option for a car.

Jeez I feel old.....
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDog View Post
    I remember Captain Noah when I was a kid (grew up in the Philly suburbs, where I still live). "Send your pictures to dear old Captain Noah..." Great stuff. And I remember Larry Ferrari, Al Alberts and of course, Dancin' on Air!

I saw Donny and Marie at the Valley Forge Music Fair when I was 7 years old...oh, anyone from Philly remember when the Music Fair was just a tent?

And, I do remember when the circus was in a tent. I took DS last year and they didn't even have any big cats and it was only one ring.

I remember one of my favorite toys was a Holly Hobbie colorform set. I loved it because I was really into Little House on the Prarie, and Holly Hobbie wore the same bonnets as Laura Ingalls
    I forgot all about Larry Ferrari, I loved watching the Al Alberts showcase when he was in Wildwood. Chief Halftown was another show from the philadelphia area. I remember listening to Ken Garland on my portable AM radio and when Jim O'brien died in a parachute accident, very sad.
    Up Next
    15 Disney Hilton Head Jul 5 - Jul 7
    15 Disney Dream Jul 1 - Jul 5
    15 Beach Club Jun 27- Jul 1
    14 Dolphin Resort Jun 12-16
    13 Fort Wilderness Christmas Dec 20- Dec 26

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: