Quantcast Jon & Kate Plus 8 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Kate?

Quote Originally Posted by bouncer View Post
    I just can't figure out how Kate stays so centered and patient! I love this show.
    Hmm are we talking about the same Kate? Personally I think this chick is slightly whacko. But that's just me, and part of why I love this show. I was also disappointed they only showed a small portion of the actual WDW trip. I liked seeing her PS' written on her calendar at home.

Back to Kate though, I can't stand the way she treats Jon like one of the kids. The whole Organic, kids feet can't touch the floor of the hotel room and the kids can't get dirty thing just irks me. But then again, I don't have 8 kids so...
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Kate has her quirks, and of course she and Jon have some words sometimes, but the way they can keep such positive outlooks and give those 8 kids as much individual attention and love as they do is flat out amazing. I know they get a lot of help, but the work involved in their situation has to be staggering. I raised one single child and some days I didn't know which way was up. I truly do not think I have what it would take to raise 8 kids, espcially all so close in age. My hat is off to them both!
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    Hmm are we talking about the same Kate? Personally I think this chick is slightly whacko. But that's just me, and part of why I love this show.

Back to Kate though, I can't stand the way she treats Jon like one of the kids. The whole Organic, kids feet can't touch the floor of the hotel room and the kids can't get dirty thing just irks me. But then again, I don't have 8 kids so...
    JaneytMegan I have to say I totally agree with you. I can't stand how she talks to her husband. Especially when she screams at him in public places or when she yells "HELLO" when she tries to get his attention. I get embarrassed for her when she acts like that.

Joy

Post Thanks / Like

I love this show !

And I think that Kate talks down to John a bit too much. Ok, yes she is home all day with the kids but he is trying to work to support a family of 10. Give the guy a break, Kate.

I love little Hannah - she cracks me up !

. . . and I need to find out why my Tivo didn't pick up this episode . . .
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

FYI- There is a new episode on tonight at 9pm.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

I checked my Tivo last night - since it's a special, it had it's own listing on Guide. It wasn't Jon & Kate Plus 8 (which is what my Season Pass is for), but Jon & Kate Hit the Road . . . or something like that.

It's airing twice tonight so you can still catch it.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Momof2boys View Post
    I checked my Tivo last night - since it's a special, it had it's own listing on Guide. It wasn't Jon & Kate Plus 8 (which is what my Season Pass is for), but Jon & Kate Hit the Road . . . or something like that.

It's airing twice tonight so you can still catch it.
    All the information is listed in the Disney Related TV thread at the top of the forum.

Charleston, SC- 395.4 miles/6 hrs. & 15 min. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jon and Kate Plus 8

I have watched this show off and on because it just totally amazes me how this mom and dad raises a set of twins (ages 6) and a group of sextuplets (ages 3). The mom and dad are so personable, and it's fun to watch the kids. Last night I was able to watch the episode where they packed up their family of 10 (luggage in a U-Haul trailor, of course) and drove 19 hours from Pennsylvania to Disney World!! They stayed at Wilderness Lodge. The Learning Channel got lots of footage of things that they did such as Magic Kingdom, Cirque de Soliel, a special meet and greet with the Princesses, etc... It just looked like so much fun. I thoroughly enjoyed watching this. What a treat for that family!! It's too bad Kate couldn't have run off and been pampered at the Grand Floridian Spa or something!
    Last edited by McGoofy; 01-14-2008 at 09:11 AM. Reason: My thread got moved, and my post sounded very "ignorant" when applied to the rest of the conversation!
    Tara °O°

AP holder since '03 and DVC owner since '08

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

Post Thanks / Like

I love this show and it would have been very cool to see them there! I wish they would of showed the whole trip instead of just a small portion of it but anyways it was great!
    "Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.”- Winnie The Pooh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poohbearlover15 View Post
    I wish they would of showed the whole trip instead of just a small portion of it but anyways it was great!
    When I finally got to see the show, I was kinda disappointed as well. We got to see one day out of four? At least we got to see the Cirque part on the outtakes show.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bouncer View Post
    I just can't figure out how Kate stays so centered and patient! I love this show.

Mickey Ears off to John & Kate!!!
    I've only seen this show one or two times, but I always thought the wife was witchy to her husband, her tone of voice with him was so condescending. Did I just catch her on a bad couple of days?
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BelleCiavo View Post
    I've only seen this show one or two times, but I always thought the wife was witchy to her husband, her tone of voice with him was so condescending. Did I just catch her on a bad couple of days?
    This makes me think of the opening of the show when they say something like "while raising two sets of multiples doesn't always bring out the best in us....."

I'm the first to admit that I'd definitely be a lot more witchy than she is if I were in that situation. I think they do remarkably well, and Jon does a good job of giving it back to Kate when she deserves it. I think it's a good match.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    This makes me think of the opening of the show when they say something like "while raising two sets of multiples doesn't always bring out the best in us....."

I'm the first to admit that I'd definitely be a lot more witchy than she is if I were in that situation. I think they do remarkably well, and Jon does a good job of giving it back to Kate when she deserves it. I think it's a good match.
    I agree. It seems like they have an understanding with each other that sometimes the stress of having 8 kids is going to make them be mean to each other but they truly love one another. Later they seem to do a good job of laughing off how mean they were. I think they both understand that they are both in a stressful situation.

In the new season Jon gets a job where he stays home more and Kate was so thrilled and Jon was happy to spend more time with his kids and his wife. It was nice to see!
    ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

I also think as the kids have gotten older they have gotten better. I love the way you can really tell the different personalties now.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

I love Jon, Kate and the 8. They are such sweet kids! It is my very favorite show...I never miss an episode!

Sure Kate can get a bit sometimes, but she has 8 kids under the age of 8...any one with that amount of stress and isn't isn't right in the head!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Default John and Kate Plus Eight

Did you see John and Kate Plus Eight tonight? They packed up the van and a trailer and took all the kids to WDW. It was fun to watch. This may have been a repeat since I just started watching the show but I enjoyed it. Just made me want to go again SOON! I loved their comments about the strollers and wanting to buy some for their clan.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry if I sound like I was from another world last night. I didn't see this thread and they moved my post to this thread. I really enjoyed watching them at the park and wished they had shown the rest of their trip. Maybe they will sooner or later. Having been with several toddlers lately, I can sympathize. What good friends these other girls are to always go with them on their trips to help with the kids.

This particular show wasn't scheduled to run last night and had I not been watching the two previous episodes, I wouldn't have seen this one because I was just getting ready to turn the channel.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jon & Kate Plus 8

Ok so I just love this show!!! Does anyone else watch it?

I love Monday nights when the new episodes air and I watch them when they repeat later on that night or in the week. I just think it's a neat show to watch. It's true like Kate said one time that this is what goes if people were to peek into our windows.

All the children are adorable! One of the twins, Mady can be a little annoying to me at times, but she's a 7yr old, and like Jon & Kate have said she likes attention and wants to be in control. Also, I'm not saying all 7yr olds are like that, but I was glad during one episode they commented on her behavior and that they were working on it.

I absolutely loved, LOVED the special one hour show of them all taking the family to WDW!! Kate is a Disney fan herself, and even has a Winnie the Pooh tattoo on her ankle. That is my favorite episode of all time seeing them and the children at WDW and meeting the characters!

Just wondering if anyone else out there in Intercot land watches this show? I just like to hear different peoples opinions on this show.

M°o°nica

Prepare to Shake..Rattle & Roll!
    Freeway Construction Ahead Take Atl. Route.Traffic Jammed.Drive Safely Detour Ahead..get ready to ROCK! All lanes open.SO FLOOR IT! Car Pool lanes open..WIDE OPEN - RnRC

Next Up: Oct 28 - Nov 7th!

N' Awlin's girl born & raised

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw the one the other day where they flew to Denver. Oh. my. goodness. I could never have done it, and I'm surprised Kate didn't have more of a breakdown. And bless those friends of theirs.

That house they stayed in was really nice!

Post Thanks / Like

I watched the Disney episode weeks and weeks ago. It may have been over a month ago. So I'm sure it will air again if you missed it. Don't worry....
    WDW is my happy place

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: