Quantcast Jon & Kate Plus 8 - Page 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone see jon and Kate plus 8 new episode last night where they all went to Seasame Place it's a theme park?
    April 2000-Off site
    April 2001-All Star Movies

April 2002-Swan and Dolphin

March 2004-Off site

October 2005-Contemprary/Dolphin

Late May/June 2007-Pop Century(Graduation Present)

April 2009-offsite (School Choir Trip)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like someone else is hating on Jon and Kate. This blog was posted by one of their nieghbors.

I have been following the unfolding issues regarding Jon & Kate Plus 8 for some time now however have kept my mouth shut about their family until now.

I happen to live in the same development as Jon & Kate and have never found them to be personable people. I will say that when they first moved in, you could get a waive out Jon or at least he would acknowledge your presence. However recently i've noticed that is no longer the case.

Kate has NEVER been personable. Numerous times I can recall walking around the development and seeing her doing what she does best (sitting on her butt while a volunteer helper chases after the children). So many times i've extended a greeting or a waive and she just looks the other way and does not take the time to acknowledg my existance.

With that said, I was NOT very suprised recently when the topic in the development was the very unfriendly signs that they have now placed in their front yard. A total of 3 signs are now posted in front of their house. The signs read:

Do not stop in front of our house, do not take pictures and do not stop and talk to us.

I have a picture of the sign as well but I don't know if I could post a link to it.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

I would think this would come from being filmed constantly and being on TV. I imagine there is a constant stream of people by their house wanting to stop and talk to them while they are trying to film and everything. Goodness, this would wear me down just having the camera crews there, not counting having 8 kids. I think this woman that says that Kate just sits on her butt that she should chase 8 kids all day and she might be sitting on her butt too. After all, when the volunteers come to help, it is because Kate needs a respite once in a while. It isn't like they are there every day. I have neighbors that never wave at me and they don't have any of this to contend with. The signs do sound a little rude but maybe it just came to a point where they were needed. Sounds like they will never have a normal life and wonder if they ever have friends over or socialize.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyexpert15 View Post
    Did anyone see jon and Kate plus 8 new episode last night where they all went to Seasame Place it's a theme park?
    I did. Even though it wasn't Disney it seemed like a fun place for little kids.
    5/04 - Caribbean Beach
    5/05 - Caribbean Beach
    11/06 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Honeymoon)
    6/07 - Caribbean Beach
    10/08 - SSR (for DS's 1st B-day)

DVC Owners @ AKV as of 4/08
    Next Trip: 6/09 - SWW!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OhToodles! View Post
    I did.* Even though it wasn't Disney it seemed like a fun place for little kids.
    Does anyone know from Monday's new episode in which the Gosselin's go to Sesame Place who is Jenny? She helped out the Gosselins with all the children at Seame Place? Is she a nanny or what? Please answer if you know.
    April 2000-Off site
    April 2001-All Star Movies

April 2002-Swan and Dolphin

March 2004-Off site

October 2005-Contemprary/Dolphin

Late May/June 2007-Pop Century(Graduation Present)

April 2009-offsite (School Choir Trip)

Post Thanks / Like

hmm..
    there myspace seems to have been deleted..
    i wonder whats up with that!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to comment about this before, but I enjoyed the new Sesame Street episode. It seemed like they had a good time and J&K didn't fight that much. I also thought Leah with the spider was hysterical. You don't get to hear from her too much.

Does anyone know from Monday's new episode in which the Gosselin's go to Sesame Place who is Jenny? She helped out the Gosselins with all the children at Seame Place? Is she a nanny or what? Please answer if you know.
    From what I've read, Jenny is one of their nanny's. I guess they have a few now.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

Did y'all crack up like I did over the food they ate!! How funny, she's always giving them organic stuff and they ate real food!

Martinsville, IN 15 hrs. 22 min, 970 mi. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to comment on the post about the signs in J&K's yard. I'm going to try and be as nice as possible. I would agree with the Gosselins to post them. They have already invited people a look in their lives by doing the tv show. I think asking people not to stop or take pictures or talk with them is not unreasonable. Can you imagine how many people would be stopping and taking pictures and whatnot. They have to look out for the safety of their children. It take just one whacko and well..... I think they work hard to give the children the best that they can give them. I know doing a tv show is not normal, but I could not imagine the cost of raising those 8 children on one income. So J&K keep up the good work and I'll be watching from a far (my tv).
    December 2012 - Pop - All Girl I Wanna Go What's One More Trip
    October 2009 - POR - Grand Gathering
    Dec. 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
    August 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2005 - Pop Century

Nov. - Dec. 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2002 - Ft. Wilderness Campground - Family Reunion Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    I would think this would come from being filmed constantly and being on TV. I imagine there is a constant stream of people by their house wanting to stop and talk to them while they are trying to film and everything. Goodness, this would wear me down just having the camera crews there, not counting having 8 kids. I think this woman that says that Kate just sits on her butt that she should chase 8 kids all day and she might be sitting on her butt too. After all, when the volunteers come to help, it is because Kate needs a respite once in a while. It isn't like they are there every day. I have neighbors that never wave at me and they don't have any of this to contend with. The signs do sound a little rude but maybe it just came to a point where they were needed. Sounds like they will never have a normal life and wonder if they ever have friends over or socialize.
    I am empathetic to their situation, but I do believe that they have brought much of this attention on themselves. Having multiples is bound to make the family an object of fascination to some people anyway, and then all the publicity of the show no doubt increased it a hundred-fold. I don't fault them for wanting to ensure an income to raise their children, but unfortunately the venue they've chosen has put them in the center-spotlight.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding the sign, I understand why they put it up there to warn fans. I believe that we see enough of their life, they deserve to have some privacy. The only part that bugged me was that Kate was acting the same way to her neighbors that she does to the random wackos that drive past her house!

I also forgot to mention that I also have blogs from someone who was on their flight to Utah and someone who ran into them in Sesame Place.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pink View Post
    I also forgot to mention that I also have blogs from someone who was on their flight to Utah and someone who ran into them in Sesame Place.
    What are those blogs about?
    Oh, and thanks for sending me the picture of their sign!

I wouldn't hesitate to put signs up...protecting my family would come first, and if some people think it's rude, who cares?

Post Thanks / Like

What are those blogs about?
    Oh, and thanks for sending me the picture of their sign!
    They're blogs about fans who were on the flight with them going to Utah and another person who was in Sesame Place the same day they were. One is positive and one is negative. Your welcome for the picture.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

I just watched the episode Monday night, what did everybody think of it?

Honestly, I think it's nice that they take the kids out to do and experience different things but at the same time that outting looked kind of boring. Riding trains for fun?
    Carribean Beach '95
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

I saw it...the kids are cuter than ever. Jon and Kate were rude about the older guy that worked on the train and was giving them some background and history about it. It's his job, and to say how boring he was on national television? Hm, guess they couldn't think of anything else to say.

Next week they go on vacation so that will be interesting and fun to watch!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by pink View Post
    Honestly, I think it's nice that they take the kids out to do and experience different things but at the same time that outting looked kind of boring. Riding trains for fun?
    The Strasburg railroad is a huge tourist attraction in the Lancaster, PA area, thousands of people ride these trains every year. Many, many men in particular are fans of trains and their history. We went with a group of family members 5 years ago to ride the trains and see Amish country and everyone including the little ones had a good time. Now the museum across the street from the trains I'd only suggest to someone with a deep love of trains, most of the women and kids in the group found it horribly boring.
    I also found the remarks made by Jon and Kate to be extremely rude and I usually defend them both.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny story...some close friends of ours who grew up in Pennsylvania traveled back there this summer for a wedding. While there, they stayed with one of their cousins who took them to dinner one night at...Aunt Jodie's house! We didn't believe them, but they sent us pictures to prove it. (the funny part is they had never watched J & K and didn't know anything about Jodie). Well, while there, they drove over to Jon and Kate's house, took pictures, and then saw them drive by in that blue van (and took some more pictures!). Anyways, I'll have to tell them that they are the cause for the new sign.

BTW, Aunt Jodie in "person" looks entirely different from TV. Plus, Jodie apparently shared some gossip about Kate not wanting Jodie to be a "regular" on the show (Jodie would get a contract and actually get $$) - they have apparently stopped talking to one another.
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    The Strasburg railroad is a huge tourist attraction in the Lancaster, PA area, thousands of people ride these trains every year. Many, many men in particular are fans of trains and their history. We went with a group of family members 5 years ago to ride the trains and see Amish country and everyone including the little ones had a good time. Now the museum across the street from the trains I'd only suggest to someone with a deep love of trains, most of the women and kids in the group found it horribly boring.
    I also found the remarks made by Jon and Kate to be extremely rude and I usually defend them both.
    I saw bits of this episode, it was on Monday & Wednesday here...funny, I just could NOT get into it!

Quote Originally Posted by Goofster View Post
    Funny story...some close friends of ours who grew up in Pennsylvania traveled back there this summer for a wedding. While there, they stayed with one of their cousins who took them to dinner one night at...Aunt Jodie's house! We didn't believe them, but they sent us pictures to prove it. (the funny part is they had never watched J & K and didn't know anything about Jodie). Well, while there, they drove over to Jon and Kate's house, took pictures, and then saw them drive by in that blue van (and took some more pictures!). Anyways, I'll have to tell them that they are the cause for the new sign.

BTW, Aunt Jodie in "person" looks entirely different from TV. Plus, Jodie apparently shared some gossip about Kate not wanting Jodie to be a "regular" on the show (Jodie would get a contract and actually get $$) - they have apparently stopped talking to one another.
    I liked seeing her on the show - and cousin Bennie! (Okay, only because I have a Bennie too!) That is too bad that they are no longer speaking due to $$, it seemed that she & Kevin helped them out and were a great influence on the kids.
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Martinsville, IN 15 hrs. 22 min, 970 mi. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

That's sad about Aunt Jodie & Uncle Kevin, it seems like they are the only ones in Kate's family who have anything to do with them. Although I do recall an episode when they were painting the older girls room and I thought the person helping was related to Kate???? I also recall an episode where they were talking about family and she had said that her parents were not the hands on type. I just don't know how in the world they couldn't be look how cute those kids are. I get a kick out of them everytime I watch the show. I miss those younger years with my own children - I love to hear them talk
    December 2012 - Pop - All Girl I Wanna Go What's One More Trip
    October 2009 - POR - Grand Gathering
    Dec. 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
    August 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2005 - Pop Century

Nov. - Dec. 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2002 - Ft. Wilderness Campground - Family Reunion Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyexpert15 View Post
    I WAS THERE! We were on the carousel and looked over and there they were boarding it! Then we ran into them 2 more times that day and it went from being my favorite show to can't stading the parents. Kids having to ride in strollers all the time at ages 4 and 7, park was dead and there were 3 adults for 8 kids (plus film crew, park reps, etc), not necessary. When they got off the carousel Kate was clapping her hands screaming "Come on!" like they weren't moving fast enough, they didn't show that in the episode. Everytime we saw them the kids looked miserable and Kate had a look like it was the last place she wanted to be. I left that day feeling so sorry for the kids and haven't been a fan since.

My next vacation is a cruise, if they are on it I think I will jump overboard!
    -Michelle

"I DO!" Engaged at MK Railroad Station overlooking Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks 2/24/01.
    Raising a future Disney Freak.
    DD's 1st trip @ 9 weeks old (20 year anniversary of my first trip), been back every year since!

Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: