Quantcast Who still wears them? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Who wears a fanny pack?

Voters
271. You may not vote on this poll
  • I can't go to a park without one?

128 47.23%
  • I left that back in the 80's.

143 52.77%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

When we go in July I know my mom will be using her fanny pack!! As for me, I can't do it. I have a small sport purse/bag that I will put over my shoulder that is really lightweight. I am also very fortunate to have a 23 month old who will be in her stroller....great for storage.

The bottom line is....do whatever you are comfortable with!!!
    Off-Site: 1977, 1984, 1988, 1991, 1993, and 2000
    All-Star Sports - 2002

Coronado Springs Resort - July 12-19, 2008
    Pop Century Resort - May 14-21, 2009
    Caribbean Beach Resort - August 15-20, 2010

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I left my fanny pack in the 80s along with stone washed jeans, my big hair, cassette player, cabbage patch doll, leg warmers, rubiks cube and Miss PacMan...I guess you can say that
    "It like totally gags me with a spoon"...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Not anymore. I generally wear cargo shorts now, so I can easily stash my camera (which is much smaller now) and my cell phone (which is also smaller).

Post Thanks / Like

No fanny pack for me....I still own the one I had then but it's never used.

I choose a light weight drawstring backpack. Whenever I travel I carry everything in one.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Originally Posted by McGoofy
    When we went back in October with 5 other couples, I had big purple bruises on both arms from being punched every time somebody in the group spotted a fanny pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by playdead88 View Post
    lol! that is too funny we did that with mullets last year
    Thats TOO funny! We always count mullets when we go but we grade them. Grade A Mullet, Grade B....etc. LOL
    Ariel
    Disneyland Annual Pass Holder

VMK Name: IzzyInWonderland

1996-Disneyland Hotel
    1998-Disneyland Hotel
    2002-WDW All-Star Music Resort

COUNTLESS TRIPS TO DLR BUT ONLY 1 TRIP TO WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Not a fan of the fanny pack. It isn't attractive, but mostly it just feels weird having something strapped around your waist. Too constricting for me. I guess whatever you're used to works. For me it's a small cross body bag.

My MIL wears a fanny pack. Because it's uncomfortable to wear on top of her heavy winter clothes she wears it under her jacket. She looks like she's gained 20 lbs, but she says it works for her. I'd rather not add anything to my waistline.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I said I still use one, but mostly I use a shoulder bag. The fanny packs are very nice for being completely hands free and out of the way, until you have to fasten a seat belt.

Post Thanks / Like

For me it is essential(credit card, room key, fast passes, stroller tickets, ect...) I also carry a back pack but it has nonessentials in and can leave in stroller if I want.
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to say this, but
    My name is Tink...and I wear a fanny pack.

I did not want to admit this but I have a drawer of WDW stuff...Fanny pack, yellow ponchos, all the items you would never wear anywhere else in the world

I am actually in search of another type of bag...any suggestions? I do not like backpacks (too hot) or drawstring bags (the thin straps dig). I think maybe a sling bag or something similar might work but I have not found one yet. Any suggestions to get out of the fanny pack time warp would be greatly appreciated

First trip 1972
    Last trip 7/11
    Next trip 6/12

Post Thanks / Like

I wore one the 1st couple times we went since then we brought a camera. Then after we stopped bringing the camera I started wearing a neck pouch and it holds everything I need it to, park pass, fast pass, money, credit cards, park maps ect it's pretty much a big wallet you put around your neck with lots of pockets. I don't like putting things in my pockets cause I am afraid stuff could fall out whenever I sit down because one time in the Tiki room show I saw a bunch of change sitting on a bench that must have fell out of someones pocket. Since we don't have kids we don't need to carry much at all. It is so nice not to carry anything walking around the parks.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

I think they were still huge in the early to mid 90s as well. But yes, the trend has now been long dead. I'm surprised how many people responded that they still wear one. I have to say that while I don't particularly care if someone wears a fanny pack (to each his own, I am not the fashion police) but it does make me laugh out loud when I see someone with a Coach or Louis Vuitton fanny pack. I'm sorry but a duck is a duck....lol.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I still have my WDW fanny pack from our 2000 trip (4 trips and still going strong). I used it twice and my DW used it on our honeymoon (against my wishes). Like some other posters here I have gone the cargo shorts route—which works out great. On our last trip DW wanted the fanny pack (which she brought along), but being that there was the possibilities of showers, I used a drawstring backpack and carried our ponches and everything else in that (I don't really know who won there-me in preventing her from wearing the fanny pack or her getting me to lug everything).

Post Thanks / Like

dh carries the fanny pack. we have a pin from all the countries of epcot's ws to dress it up. i carry the back pack for the ponchos (cause everyday has a chance of rain in fl!), the wipes & the small stuff we buy.

i honestly didn't know until i read these posts that fanny packs were not in style or no longer kosher!

hopefullt dh won't read this!
    22 times previously
    next trips: 6/08 coronado
    9/08 poly
    10/08 not sure yet
    11/08 wilderness lodge
    1/09 pop century
    2/09 not sure yet
    5/09 not sure yet
    6/09 not sure yet

Charleston, SC- 395.4 miles/6 hrs. & 15 min. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by playdead88 View Post
    lol! that is too funny we did that with mullets last year - maybe we should play the punch buggy fanny pack game this year
    That just made me laugh out loud!

The words "fanny pack" still make my arms hurt to think about all the punching that day!
    Tara °O°

AP holder since '03 and DVC owner since '08

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Cargo shorts!! My husband hands DD14 and I our tickets at the turnstiles and once we are through....they go back in his pockets with the money, camera and car keys and we have NOTHING to carry.

Post Thanks / Like

I still use my fanny pack. Easy access, hands-free, and carries all the necessities. Passes, $ , and my cameras. Don't have to take it off my back every time I want something, not in the way of the people behind me, and most important, less time in the security line !! Ugly?...probably. Do I care?...NO! I want to concentrate on my journey to the most Magical place on Earth. Not on how much stuff I have to carry, or how I look ! Now, DH and DD normally wear cargo shorts/capris, so they have plenty of storage space.
    1975 - Off site
    1980 - Golf Resort
    1981 - Poly
    1982 - CT
    1983 - Poly
    1989 - CBR
    1998 - CBR
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Fanny packs have to be the handiest carrying device ever created!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Yup - I'm an 80's child ~

DH and I will never go without ours. Handsfree with our water and camera on them too - perfect!
    I guess we are both long past the stage in life when we give a hoot if other people think we are stylish or not. Like several other posters, I will take comfort over fashion any day. And yes - I will wear socks with my sandals if I am more comfy!
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Not fashionable for a 23 year old. All i usually carry in the park is a wallet and maybe a water bottle anyways.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

I wear one.. there's just something about knowing my hands are free and I don't have to worry about setting a purse down and forgetting about it.. I attach my camera to the fanny pack 'belt' and I'm good to good! And again.. my arms are free to hug Stitch, Mickey, Pluto, Donald.. etc...
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: