Quantcast DVC removing coffee mugs and glasses from studios - Page 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    I know to some, glassware may be a big issue, but in the overall scheme of things, does it really detract from your overall enjoyment? I think this will be something that they will iron out sooner than later, and all will be forgotten.

Any organization the size of DVC is bound to make mistakes. What separates the good from the bad is the willing to admit it, and correct it asap.
    The problem is idea of amenities starting to disappear as much as it the glassware. DVC was trying to pull a fast one here as evidenced by the e-mail saying it was always this way. Yes they were hoping we would forget and let them get away with it. The Members called them on this and then they still don't follow through even after they put it in writing ie. Ed's request for glassware. Any way you slice this poor customer service which is becoming a big trend all over. I paid for the amenities so to me it is a big deal when they are taken away and yet my dues go up. I was sold DVC on the basis of having the comforts of home at WDW hence the "Welcome Home" slogan. I use glassware at home and it's part of the package. Imagine going to Best Buy and buying a top of the line big screen TV and when they deliver it's a noname brand and they say well hey you can still watch you shows right? What difference does it make?
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DVC Mike View Post
    I understand how this may be disappointing to some. To me, I think DVC had an issue and tried to quickly address it, but they completely screwed up by taking action without advance communication, then having a lot of mis-communication, then finally partially reversing their decision.

Yes, DVC screwed up. However, I am still a very happy DVC member who enjoys using his membership. I have no plans to downsize my investment in DVC; in fact, I plan to increase it with more add-ons at GCV and KTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post

I know to some, glassware may be a big issue, but in the overall scheme of things, does it really detract from your overall enjoyment? I think this will be something that they will iron out sooner than later, and all will be forgotten.

Any organization the size of DVC is bound to make mistakes. What separates the good from the bad is the willing to admit it, and correct it asap.
    As I said in my post, the issue of the glassware is really secondary to the other issues. Lying to your owners and this whole "left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing" stuff is what has irked me so badly.

And look ... this isn't an isolated issue for me. Virtually since I joined I've had stuff like this come up. I had a horrible experience with my very first stay at SSR involving a CM that I later found out multiple people had had the very same issues with. Yet there she was ... in the same guest service position she was in before when she was the subject of at least two similar complaints previously.

And then, when I reported my issue, I got a very modest apology and an assurance that they would "try their best" to make sure nothing like that ever happened again.

The whole thing was, once again, sort of brushed aside like, "Whoops ... oh well ... stuff happens." They just don't seem to have any real committment to providing great service to their owners. Look at the whole free internet thing!! Why the heck should it take MONTHS to stop charging for internet??? Once you've made the decision, make it free (which, quite frankly, it should have been all along anyway ... as Ed pointed out even Motel 6 has free internet!) and be done with it!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have gotten a phone response to my email!
    Actually someone called and left a message yesterday- which I did not have time to respond to. They called again today and left another message. Today I was able to call back.

It seems that they have received complaints from a number of Members who have been denied glassware at check-in.
    She states they have been holding multiple meetings with resort management to make sure the correct info regarding this policy is out there- at the front desk as Members check-in.

I clarified that my email was not so much a complaint about the glassware, but about the poor communication we see on a continual basis. I then asked about the "free Internet" we were promised at the Annual Meeting in December. It was stated and published (by DVC) that this would occur in "Spring 2008." She agreed that it is now Spring 2008- but had no real info on why it hasn't happened yet. She agreed that offering a simple credit to a Member's check-out bill seems simple enough, but no reason why that hasn't happened yet..
    But... she did "suggest" that a communication about this topic is coming soon.
    So- we stay tuned.

And she said to keep those emails coming- the only way they know if a situation is not right is to hear from the Membership.
    I promised I would continue to stay in touch!
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC removing coffee mugs and glasses from studios

Thanks for the follow up Linda. This is very helpful. I have called a couple of times to confirm that I am able to get the glassware for my upcoming trip and had another such conversation today. I will share my most recent conversation in hopes it may be helpful to others in any way. This is what was discussed
    today:

I was read and told about the "official communication" concerning the availability of glassware in DVC studios. I was told that the glassware has been removed for sanitary reasons and the intent is to install small dishwashers in the dCV studios. I was told that upon request members are able to get the glassware in their studios. I was told that there should be no reason to be denied upon check in and that my request will be sent as part of my reservation confirmation letter. I was also advised to call the main number of my DVC resort and confirm his request (and tell I have it on my reservation) within 4 days of my stay.

I was also told that the official position about the free room internet is that they understand that this is supposed to happen during Spring
    '08 but do not know the exact date yet.

My member service CM was very helpful and put me on hold to discuss both these issues with a supervisor and reviewed the official email on the subjects that has been given to the CMs. I have no sense that DVC is trying to pull the wool over anyone's heads on these issues. I'll let you (and them) know though if I have any trouble when I check in.

Post Thanks / Like

>I was told that the glassware has been removed for sanitary reasons and the intent is to install small dishwashers in the dCV studios.<

Great! after this happens we will go for the washer & dryer too.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is true!!! We just got back from OKW and stayed in a studio and there was a couple of plastic knifes forks and spoons some paper plates and a few styrofoam cups....
    DVC Members since 2006!
    Home Resorts SSR and AKV!

Post Thanks / Like

found the official write up, not sure if someone already posted it. If so here it is again
    Resorts adjust studio glassware practices

As part of a continuous review of cleaning practices in Disney Resort hotels, leaders determined that hand washing dishware and glassware in Disney Vacation Club studio units wasn't sufficient to meet the company's cleanliness standards.

For studio accommodations at Disney Vacation Club Resorts in which glass-washing equipment is available (Disney's Beach Club Villas, Disney's BoardWalk Villas, The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas and the Inn rooms at Disney's Vero Beach Resort), glassware and ceramic mugs now are cleaned in the glass washers, rather than by hand.

Studio accommodations at stand-alone Disney Vacation Club Resorts (Disney's Old Key West Resort, Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, the villas at Disney's Vero Beach Resort and Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa) now utilize disposable cups, since glass washers aren't available at those resorts. The company wanted to take action quickly, and using disposables was the most expedient solution. Housekeepers replenish the disposable cups upon request.

Disney Vacation Club leaders are investigating more environmentally friendly disposable products, as well as the possibility of installing glass washers at specified locations within the stand-alone properties.
    ---------------------------------
    DVC Member Since 04/08 Animal Kingdom Villas

CS 5/2010, SS 4/2010, AKV 11/2009, BW 5/2009,
    SS 2/2009, SS 10/2008, POR 7/2008, WC 8/2007
    POR 12/2006, POR 10/2005, POR 10/2004, FW 10/2002
    FW 10/1993, OS 12/1989

Post Thanks / Like

As of this week, the VWL studios had glasses, ceramic mugs, and liquid dish soap.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

I have had 2 friends come back from their vacations last week.....one stayed at BCV studio and they had "the glassware that has always been there".....the one who stayed at OKW studio had plastic forks/knives, paper plates and styrofoam cups! Maybe they are starting the change over at the older resorts first???
    I will make a point of requesting glassware for our next stay.
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Last week the VWL sill had glasses and ceramic coffee mugs in the studios.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousse View Post
    I have had 2 friends come back from their vacations last week.....one stayed at BCV studio and they had "the glassware that has always been there".....the one who stayed at OKW studio had plastic forks/knives, paper plates and styrofoam cups! Maybe they are starting the change over at the older resorts first???
    I will make a point of requesting glassware for our next stay.
    OKW and SSR will continue to have disposable cups.
    That's what the statement says. Since they do not have glassware cleaning facilities convenient to all of the spread-out buildings at these 2 resorts- they will provide disposables.
    You can request glassware at those 2 resorts if you prefer.

The other DVC resorts (VWL, BCV, BWV, AKV) will have glasses and ceramic mugs. They have cleaning facilities in the main building/kitchens.
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: