Quantcast Shan Yu - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shan Yu

emmetlovesmaleficent Guest

Default Owl

My friends went to the dock near dinoland where the pooh characters are, and they say owl, piglet, and rabbit are there every time! I was wondering if it was someone else, but no! It was owl! http://www.intercot.com/discussion/i...ies/mickey.gif

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:

Default Owl

I have a picture: /Users/patriciaculleton/Desktop/MVMCP rs 930015.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emmetlovesmaleficent View Post
    My friends went to the dock near dinoland where the pooh characters are, and they say owl, piglet, and rabbit are there every time! I was wondering if it was someone else, but no! It was owl!
    Owl and Rabbit do not meet there (Owl never comes out, and Rabbit is EXTREMELY rare). The characters there are Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, and sometimes Piglet.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

If a picture of owl exists it must be posted. We all have to see it to believe it.

Also, joanna, I know you work at walt disney world and all but just because you work there doesn't mean you know all the characters that are out each day and such, just sometimes your posts make you sound like you're right and everyone else is wrong. I have seen some posts by you where you say certain characters don't exist even in parades and I personally have seen them and sometimes posted pics of them. So if someone says owl existed, give them a chance to prove it before you get the attitude of I'm a wdw cm and know all.

Sorry I don't mean to be rude to you cause that's not what I'm trying to do at all, I'm just stating that while yes you do have a better knowledge of who is out, you can't possible know who is out 24/7 and that 1% that you may not have known, is when owl could have been out, but only pictures will prove it. I know I won't believe it until I se it, but we need to give people the chance to prove us wrong.
    Last edited by disneydude1; 06-05-2008 at 11:24 AM. Reason: edit
    Have a magical day! Todd

My Disney Career

• Sales Associate - Disney Store #557
    • Attractions Host - Magic Kingdom Jungle Cruise
    • Lead Sales Associate - Disney Store #339

DVC Member since 2003 (Vero Beach, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom & Bay Lake Tower)

Post Thanks / Like

Default pic of Owl

After much searching, I found a picture of Owl in the Christmas Parade.

This still doesn't answer though whether or not he was out recently though, which by judging his costume, I doubt even more that he was out.

http://www.jefflangedvd.com/news/med...s%20930015.jpg
    Have a magical day! Todd

My Disney Career

DVC Member since 2003 (Vero Beach, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom & Bay Lake Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by disneydude1 View Post

This still doesn't answer though whether or not he was out recently though, which by judging his costume, I doubt even more that he was out.

this was the picture that i found! i promise owl was out you are wrong, whoever said owl doesn't come out! i can post an autograph! maybe he is a sub, like kanga!

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

I think you misinterpreted what Joanna was saying. She wasn't saying he doesn't exist - she was saying he doesn't do meets. And Rabbit is very rare to find out.

As for getting the autographs, I know for special occassions, they have been able to get Owl, Kanga, Roo and Rabbit to sign. But I second what Joanna said when she says they aren't out.

And true, she may not know everyone who is out and I know I don't, but I think between us and all of the other Entertainment CM's we know and are friends with, we have a good percentage of it covered.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJessicaSparrow View Post
    I think you misinterpreted what Joanna was saying. She wasn't saying he doesn't exist - she was saying he doesn't do meets. And Rabbit is very rare to find out.

As for getting the autographs, I know for special occassions, they have been able to get Owl, Kanga, Roo and Rabbit to sign. But I second what Joanna said when she says they aren't out.

And true, she may not know everyone who is out and I know I don't, but I think between us and all of the other Entertainment CM's we know and are friends with, we have a good percentage of it covered.
    Thank you!!
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Jessica,
    You have been very helpful posting, and I used a lot of your info for my May trip! But, Owl was out, and I'm sorry but Rabbit is out almost every day at AK. But, this is about Shan Yu anyway!

PS How do you get characters for private parties?

It's not nice your doubting me. You have zero evidence that I'm lying! I at first told my friends NO That wasn't Owl it was Meeko, but I'll post an autograph!

Post Thanks / Like

Jessica,
    You have been very helpful posting, and I used a lot of your info for my May trip! But, Owl was out, and I'm sorry but Rabbit is out almost every day at AK. But, this is about Shan Yu anyway!

PS How do you get characters for private parties?
    I'm sorry, but Rabbit is NOT out every day at AK. He is rarely out anywhere at all. The only Pooh characters at AK are Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, and Eeyore.
    Cruises:

Post Thanks / Like

It's not nice your doubting me. You have zero evidence that I'm lying! I at first told my friends NO That wasn't Owl it was Meeko, but I'll post an autograph!
    EXCUSE ME, I wasn't doubting you, I stuck up for you in earlier posts. I was just saying i doubt he was out because look at how old that character costume is.

BTW Joanna and CaptainJessicaSparrow, I am very sorry to the both of you I wasn't trying to be rude one bit. I trust that you know what is happening most of the time especially with fellow CMs knowledge. Once again I am sorry that I turned this topic into a bashing. I did not mean for it to turn out like this, and I am sorry.
    Have a magical day! Todd

My Disney Career

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    I'm sorry, but Rabbit is NOT out every day at AK. He is rarely out anywhere at all. The only Pooh characters at AK are Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, and Eeyore.
    I second that, while I am just a Disney Store Cast Member, I go to the parks twice a year and have only ever seen Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger. I know that Rabbit and Kanga had costumes but had never seen them except for in the parades at Halloween and Christmas.

I have only heard of Rabbit and Kanga coming out as a replacement for any of the other four, and thats if they need to replace them.

Until we started talking about Owl, in this post I didn't even know he existed as a costume character not even back in the day. I now know that he existed, but as all pics that I have found show, it seems like he was only a parade chracter. I'm gonna have to side with Joanna and CaptainJessicaSparrow here and once again apologize to them both.

Until proof of Owl being out recently turns up. Then you can have the satisfaction of prooving everyone wrong.
    Have a magical day! Todd

My Disney Career

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

I know you weren't being rude, I was just saying you might have misunderstood. Maybe Joanna didn't know he existed. I knew he did at one point.

I also know that yes, some people have gotten his autograph recently. But it doesn't mean they met Owl. Hayden was able to get Owl's autograph, as well as Kanga, Roo, and Rabbit. But that was a special occassion and he didn't get to actually meet them (sadly!).

Post Thanks / Like

In all honesty I see a great deal of misinformation given out by fellow CM's on this website, especially in regards to characters. Even an entertainment CM has just as much credibility as a monorail driver when it comes to certain things.
    I ran away from college and joined the Mickey Mouse Club!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnnetteFan View Post
    In all honesty I see a great deal of misinformation given out by fellow CM's on this website, especially in regards to characters. Even an entertainment CM has just as much credibility as a monorail driver when it comes to certain things.
    Thank you. That was the message I was trying to get across, that just because you work there you aren't 100% accurate ALL THE TIME, and myself included in that. Admit it that most CM knowledge comes from rumors or threads that we read on the internet.
    Have a magical day! Todd

My Disney Career

Post Thanks / Like

I know you weren't being rude, I was just saying you might have misunderstood. Maybe Joanna didn't know he existed. I knew he did at one point.

I also know that yes, some people have gotten his autograph recently. But it doesn't mean they met Owl. Hayden was able to get Owl's autograph, as well as Kanga, Roo, and Rabbit. But that was a special occassion and he didn't get to actually meet them (sadly!).
    Does Hayden have scans of the autographs? I would love to see them as I've only seen the reg. four pooh characters autographs before.

Also, joanna, I know you met prince caspian, I'm wondering do you have a scan of his autograph? On the disboards discussion about rare characters, I found you, I'm wondering the autograph that weatherbyswann got of pete. Do you think its pete from goof troop, or pete from petes dragon? Remember he didn't meet the characters he just got a book filled with autographs sent to him from disney. Finally, I once again am sorry for the harsh words I said to you, and would like to let you know once again I did not mean anything by them.
    Have a magical day! Todd

My Disney Career

Post Thanks / Like

BTW Joanna and CaptainJessicaSparrow, I am very sorry to the both of you I wasn't trying to be rude one bit. I trust that you know what is happening most of the time especially with fellow CMs knowledge. Once again I am sorry that I turned this topic into a bashing. I did not mean for it to turn out like this, and I am sorry.
    You were not being rude. And I want to apolygize too.

Also, joanna, I know you met prince caspian, I'm wondering do you have a scan of his autograph? On the disboards discussion about rare characters, I found you, I'm wondering the autograph that weatherbyswann got of pete. Do you think its pete from goof troop, or pete from petes dragon? Remember he didn't meet the characters he just got a book filled with autographs sent to him from disney. Finally, I once again am sorry for the harsh words I said to you, and would like to let you know once again I did not mean anything by them.
    Yes, I have his autograph. I can get a picture of it up hopefully later today or tomorrow. As for the autograph, I didn't see it. But it's hard to tell. If it is from Pete from Goof Troop, I would have hoped that his autograph wouldn't have been so plain. But I really don't think it's from Pete from Pete's Dragon.
    Cruises:

Post Thanks / Like

Elliott and Pete have autographs in the book

Now back to Shan-Yu, will he ever be back for the Halloween parties?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alandisney View Post
    Now back to Shan-Yu, will he ever be back for the Halloween parties?
    I would have to say most likely not, unfortunately.
    Cruises:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: