Quantcast Looking forward to Cali Grill

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking forward to Cali Grill

My husband and I have ADR's at Cali Grill during our trip this March. We are so excited. It is my DH's first trip. We are from a small city here in Canada so we have nothing this upscale around us. We are big "foodies", and don't get a lot of chances to try upscale dining.
    We will be doing the Dolphin In Depth in the morning. Then we are relaxing by the pool for the day (maybe go to DTD for a bit). Our ADR is at 8:30, Wishes is at 10.

Here are a few questions we have for you:

- What should we try?
    - How early should we try to get there to request a window seat?
    - Your overall impressions of Cali Grill.
    "Tomorrow's child... seeing that knowledge keeps growing"
    Over 20 WDW trips and counting.
    Resorts stayed at: The Disney Inn, Swan, POR, CS, YC, CB, Contemp., Poly, GF, SSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default California Grille

My wife and I have dined there many times and were lucky enought be seated by the window each visit! We usually arrive about 30 minutes ahead of time. We have had the tenderloin and the salmon and really enjoyed both. Their desserts are excellent especially the blueberry tart and creme brulee. I remember the tart like it was yesterday because a nice chunk ended up in my lap when slicing it. Looked great on white slacks. The wines are awesome. I tried the sushi last year and enjoyed it alot. We never really had a bad sit down dinner at any location on property. The CG is special.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

You are in for a treat. The menu changes frequently, so just try whatever looks good to you. We were there just last weekend, and had a great dinner. After having some excellent seafood dishes on my last few visits, I went back to an old favorite - the pork tenderloin on goat cheese polenta. I had forgotten how good that was! (Pork is not something I would usually order, but this version - and particularly the polenta - is quite good.) The only downside to ordering heavier dishes like the pork or steak is whether you'll still have room for salad and dessert! (The molten chocolate cake is very good). If you are are doing wine by the glass, I recommend asking the waiters for advice - they are usually very good at recommendations, and usually will give you a taste of one or two before you decide.

Post Thanks / Like

I've loved the fish, lamb and sushi..and the cheese course, and the snoma ravoili and the flatbreads.

The menu does change often and I have always found the staff to be very good at explaining any dish you may have a question about.

I hope you have a great time!
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

My best advice is not to stress about the window seats. There's an amazing view from almost anywhere and the fireworks are doubly awe-inspiring outside from the rooftop observation deck than from inside anyway. They will time your dinner well so that you can be between courses when you go out and have nice, hot newly delivered dishes waiting when you come back in (plus a clean table and wine poured-- unless you bring your wine out with you).

If you like sushi, the Spicy Sensation Sushi is delicious. Here's my California Grill review from August 07. Warning, I'm an emotional sap.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I have four words for you: Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Natazu Guest

- What should we try?
    Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli, any of Yoshi's sushi platters, the seasonal flatbread, Valhrona Chocolate Cake

- How early should we try to get there to request a window seat?
    15 minutes early for an ADR set for 90 minutes prior to fireworks

- Your overall impressions of Cali Grill.
    Here's a little insight into my views on CG - Click Me!

Post Thanks / Like

CG is a great dining experience! The servers are some of the best anywhere and will take wonderful care of you. The wine list is impressive and the menu, as noted in other posts, changes often. However some of the standards mentioned already are there for a reason.

I would say 20-30 minutes before your ADR is about right to arrive if you really want a window seat.

Enjoy!
    Upcoming Trips:

March '11 Beach Club Villas
    July '11 Disney Institute Seminar-Beach Club
    Aug '11 Wonder to Alaska
    Nov '11 BLT

DVC Member Since 11/06

Post Thanks / Like

The filet was too die for! So tender, juicy and yummy. The molten cake was great too. We were finished with our appetizer when it was time to go out on the observation deck to watch wishes. When we returned, our meal arrived immediately. It was perfect. I believe they make this happen purposely. The service was phenominal. The view was supurb. Have a great time. 75 more days for me and I'll be there. Just in time for wishes!!
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! Can't wait!
    "Tomorrow's child... seeing that knowledge keeps growing"
    Over 20 WDW trips and counting.
    Resorts stayed at: The Disney Inn, Swan, POR, CS, YC, CB, Contemp., Poly, GF, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't get a window seat, tell your server that you will be going out to the observation deck for the fireworks and they will adjust the timing of your last course to accommodate you.
    Upcoming Trips:

March '11 Beach Club Villas
    July '11 Disney Institute Seminar-Beach Club
    Aug '11 Wonder to Alaska
    Nov '11 BLT

DVC Member Since 11/06

Post Thanks / Like

I think the best place to eat in the CA Grill is the small dining room in the back. It's a quiet and intimate experience. The servers walk around to all of the tables to invite you to the observation decks. As for the food- the sushi is the best I've ever had. The signature dishes- the pork tenderloin and the goat cheese ravioli- are superb. Be sure to sample one or more of the wines. Please let us know how you like the CA Grill when you get back!
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

The California Grill is my favorite place to dine at WDW. The food is delicious and creative. The view of the MK is incredible-especially if you can get an ADR during Wishes.

Try the sushi; it's out of this world.

Jeff
    Disney Vacation Club Member

The Beach Club
    Remember the Magic!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: