Quantcast United, Magical Express, and the extra bag fee

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default United, Magical Express, and the extra bag fee

So I booked my airfare today and managed to get three people from Norfolk to Orlando for $1,038.00 round trip on United. I’m pretty happy about that. So I’m sitting at my desk still feeling like I accomplished something when the lovely $25 extra bag fee United charges popped into my head. The last time I was at Disney we ended up having to purchase a bag at the POFQ gift shop to avoid an overweight bag fee from Delta since the DME people could not take money. Since I am sure that we will have two or possibly three extra bags over the free limit United has I was wondering how DME is going to handle this? Will I be able to pay for my extra bag at the DME counter via a credit card? Will I be able to pull a fast one on United and get back to Virginia with out paying the extra bag fee? My biggest fear is that I will have to wait until I get the airport to check in my bags thus defeating the entire exercise of using a participating airline. With any luck United will drop the stupid extra bag fee by the time I go (November 30th through December 7th) but I doubt it.
    Clay
    Old Dominion University
    Class of 2001

I got bit by the Big Blue Beast and I loved it...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You might want to consider shipping your items back home. We've done that on a couple of trips. We shipped back some stuff a couple of years ago for $12. It was actually a good size box. We had snowglobes and wine (we forgot about not being able to carry it on the plane).
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BelleLovesTheBeast View Post
    You might want to consider shipping your items back home. We've done that on a couple of trips. We shipped back some stuff a couple of years ago for $12. It was actually a good size box. We had snowglobes and wine (we forgot about not being able to carry it on the plane).
    That is not a bad idea at all. I was thinking about that when I got home last night. Will the resorts allow me to prepare a FedEx label and schedule a pick up at the resort or will I need to go and find a Kinko’s? I can’t remember does POFQ have a business center?
    Clay
    Old Dominion University
    Class of 2001

Post Thanks / Like

Here's additional information on shippnig from your resort.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

You paid over $1000.00 for 3 three people ORF-MCO????? Wow that's outrageous!! You could't find anything cheaper say like out of PHF on Airtran? We paid $387.00 for the 3 of us out of IAD in May. Thats total roudtrip.

Post Thanks / Like

Default if you ship home it might save money

when you ship things you buy back home they dont charge you sales tax.. i think you have to claim it on your taxes but saves for the moment and i think you pay what the taxes are in your area.. not what they are in disney .. just a tid bit
    May 9-17 2015 BLT
    March 16-24 2013 OKW
    March 15 2013 AKL KV
    Dec 8-13 2011 SSR
    Oct 27-Nov 2 2010 CSR
    April 4 - 11 2009 POR
    Sept 16-21 2008 POR
    April 12th 2008 SSR
    April 6th - 11th 2008 POP
    Anniversary Sept 30- Oct 6 2006 Pop

1st Time /Honeymoon
    Oct 2-6 2005 all star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AirlineGuy07 View Post
    You paid over $1000.00 for 3 three people ORF-MCO????? Wow that's outrageous!! You could't find anything cheaper say like out of PHF on Airtran? We paid $387.00 for the 3 of us out of IAD in May. Thats total roudtrip.
    Airfare is high out of Hampton Roads regardless of the airport. AirTran was higher than United for the dates I was looking at. What is killing me is my departure date. I fly out the Sunday after Thanksgiving and everything was high. Round trip on AirTran would have been close to $1,300. I live like five minutes from ORF so for me to fly out of PHF it would have to been much cheaper than what I was able to find on United.
    Clay
    Old Dominion University
    Class of 2001

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: