Quantcast September?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: September?

Post Thanks / Like

Default September?

Just wondering how Walt Disney World is in about mid-September. My family is planning to go and there are 4 of us. If you have any advice or tips please reply.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

to Intercot!!!

There's lots of tips about September. Just do a search and you'll see plenty of feedback. Basics: be prepared with a plan in case a tropical system impacts your vacation (Sept is peak hurricane season). Be prepared for temps to still be around 90 and very humid, so have light colored loose clothing and drinks LOTS of water. Make your ADRs at day 180 because with "free" dining having been offered during September the last 3 years a lot of folks are anxiously awaiting that discount to be announced and thus ADRs for the more popular restaurants will be extremely hard to come by. The parks have become more crowded because of this free dining promotion, but they still are not huge crowds. Just the restaurants are packed.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Hot, humid with daily chances of quick showers. The parks are very lightly crowded with restaurants being more crowded (especially if the free dining promotion runs again during that time). Just make your ADRs in time and you'll be fine. I think it is one of the best times of year to go.
    1995 - Grand Floridian (Honeymoon)
    1997 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    1998 - All-Star Music
    2005 - All-Star Music & Movies
    2006 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

WELCOME!

Upper 80's through mid 90's, lots of love bugs, Frequent short lived thunderstorms, lots of humidity! Shorter lines!

yep that about sums it up. lol

We have gone the last 3 years during that time frame.

Keep yourselves hydrated. You dont mention the ages of your family, but especially if you have little ones, make sure they drink lots of water.

Don't kill the love bugs, if you do, it releases a pheromone that attracts even more of them!
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

My DH and I have gone a few times in Sept. We have found that since adding the free DDP there are about twice as many people as the first time we went in Sept.

Usually in the 90's with lots of rain. I recommend getting one of the Disney ponchos your first day - if you don't already have one. They are great quality and you'll be able to use it on your next trip.

Bring cool colored clothes and light weight.

Always carry water with you. Drink plenty of it.

Take a small backpack to cameras and valuables in that you don't want to get wet when it rains.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Our best trips have been at the end of September. Due to work schedules, we have to move this years trip up a week - to the 16th-23rd - and we are expecting slightly warmer temps (upper 80's - low 90's) with daily showers around 4pm. Showers don't normally last long, but take some of the humidity out of the air for a short time. Plan accordingly and, unless a major system [spelled H-U-R-R-I-C-A-N-E] comes through, you should have a wonderful time!

Post Thanks / Like

Our family ALWAYS goes in September. The crowds are lighter because kids are back in school. I say pack your ponchos and light weight clothing and have a blast. Take the advice of making adr's ahead of time. We have a blast every trip and we even love the rain. The restaurants are more crowded like everyone says but the lines are not long at all......we always go the second/third week of September.

~Cheryl~

2x's as a child, 2003 - Music, 2005 - Pop, 2007 - Music (Sept.), 2007- Movies (SSW), 2008-Movies, 2008 - Movies (Nov), 2009 - Movies (June)

2010- March - not booked but going for youngests 7th birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

We LOVE that time of year! September is one of the less crowded months. Like others said it is still hot and humid, be prepared. Fall is a great time to visit you can check out the MNNSHP which is fun. Although hurricanes are possible if they don't happen on your arrival day or departure day you will be okay, Disney takes care of their guests during a storm. We were there a few years back during a hurricane and although we spent half a day holed up at the resort after the storm passed the parks opened to only resort guests that day. I must say the only downfall, if you can call it that, is that when the hurricane hit, Orlando was not impacted hardly at all but south was hit hard. All the residents without power or electricity came to Orlando to stay, the parks were absolutely crowded beyond belief. Although the bright side of it was we met some very nice people that trip. That stands out in my memory the most.
    Next Trip: POP Century...September 16th to September 26th!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I forgot to add one thing. If you wear Crocs....wear socks. My feet were so red and raw from wearing them. I was miserable. My $2 Old Navy flip flops were better suited for all the walking.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

We love to go in Sept. (end sept - 1st oct.), usually no crowds, weather is nice, what more can you say !! Lets go to Disney.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Our past two trips we went during September.
    Yeah ran into a few days of rain, but it seems to hit in the afternoon and just for a few hours.
    I remember one evening on a Wednesday we went to the Magic Kingdom, the park had very light crowds, the cast members offered a second ride if we wanted to jsut stay on, no trip back into a line,. Poor DH I made him go throught It's a small world twice.

It was the night we did the run away mine train in Frontier land , we packed our rain jackets, we had a blast, the temp were warm so the rain didnt keep us away.

09/12 Wilderness Lodge
    09/09 Animal Kingdom Lodge, Club Level
    09/09 Disney Cruise Line Wonder
    09/09 Wilderness Lodge
    08/07 Wilderness Lodge, 1st Anniversary
    08/06 Port Orleans, Honeymoon
    WDW 05/05 Off Property , Engagement
    WDW 06/02 Family Trip

859 days until next trip!

Post Thanks / Like

We went in September last year. It was more crowded than I expected but nothing like the misery of June! We had a couple of showers but they never lasted long. I brought dollar store ponchos for my crew and we kept on going. We have a great time, rode everything we wanted at least once and can't wait to go back!
    1979 First time!
    Then 1988,1989,1991...
    2004 (1st time with kids!)
    2007 (1st time onsite - Pop Century!)
    2008 Disneyland (We loved it too!)
    2010 Sheraton Vistana Villages
    2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek (Epcot View!)
    Next up: May 2013 Gram, Mom and Daughter Trip!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Our last 2 trips were in September. We go earlier in the month. The first time we came home on Labor Day so LD weekend was more crowded but we had already done everything cause it wasn't crowded all week. We didn't wait it line longer than 10 min for anything. I have pictures where there is literally no one in the background. Def make ADR's cause the restaurants are crowded. It is very hot but since it's not crowded it's not as unbearable as if you were fighting the heat AND the crowds. When it does rain, it's over quickly. Overall it's a really great time to go, have fun!
    Disney World
    May 1995 - Off Site
    January 1998 - Off Site
    January 2001 - Off Site
    July 2001 - Off Site
    August - September 2005 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    September 2006 - Pop Century
    December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    New Year's 2010 - POP
    May 2010 - Caribbean Beach

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: