Quantcast Contacts

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Contacts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Contacts

Hello

I just got my first set of contacts yesterday!!! It is a great option since I look terrible in glasses but I am finding them very hard to get in and take them out. But I am learning. I just wanted to share the good news with all you guys.
    A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You will get used to them and love them! I have worn contacts for 16 years and I am the most nearsighted and astigmatic person on the planet! Congrats to you!
    1988,97,98*,99, 2000,01*,02*,04*,05*,07,08*,09,11,12*,13*'14*,15&, 16*,17(*=2x that year &=3x) on site WDW
    Next trip to WDW: Planning October 2017 and beyond! I love my AP!
    1991 DL 1993 DL Paris
    "If we can dream it, we can do it"
    "The harder I work, the luckier I get"

Post Thanks / Like

It takes a little while to get used to contacts. I remember when I first got mine, my eyes were burning, and irritated, I couldn't stand it. But eventually my eyes got used to have something on it, and I don't even notice them when I wear them now.

As for getting them out of the eye, I started with contacts when I was young, so since it would have been a challenge for me to get them out with hands, they gave me a plunger (which is basically a small little rubber tube that uses suction to take the contact off the eye). I don't know if you can get those, but if you have trouble getting them out the normal way, you can always look into doing it this way.

In all truth, I actually wear contacts at night so my vision is better in the day-time without the contacts, so I admit that it's a bit easier to deal with since I'm sleeping most of the time.

Regardless, good luck, and I hope everything goes well with your new contacts!
    "We are not now that strength which in old days, Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,-- One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
    -"Ulysses" A. Tennyson

Post Thanks / Like

They take some time to get used too but I like them so much more than glasses. It will get better. I have been wearing them since I was a freshman in highschool. That is over 20 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! I have been wearing contacts since 7th grade, so 21 years ago? Yikes! They are definitely an adjustment. I have horrible vision and terrible astigmatism. At first they put me in the soft kind that you took out every night. Then they made me go through a stage where I had to wear the hard ones, ouch! And I hated losing one because they were so darn expensive to replace. Then, I finally found a brilliant doctor who put me in 2 week disposables! WONDERFUL! Can leave them in, and if I lose one, no biggie. Now if I could only afford Lasik!
    [I]Hello. We are the Bradshaws. And We are Disneyholics.

September 2000- Music
    June 2004- Pop
    June 2006- Movies
    February 2008- Offsite (Won't Do That Again!)
    May 2009- First Ever Disney Camping Trip!
    June 2011- Pop
    Feb 2012- Sports
    Dec 2012- Movies
    May 2014- Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on getting contacts! I love contacts! I've actually been wearing glasses for the last few years more than contacts, but I used to wear contacts all the time and plan on making the switch back again soon, they are so much more comfortable than glasses, it's soo nice! Good luck with getting used to them and everything!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats I hate my glasses too, I didn't have to get them till I was a senior in high school in 99 and had to wait a year for my contacts. I've been wearing them since 2000 and it gets a lot easier to put them and take them out. So much better than glasses. Congrats again.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by browneyedgirl12 View Post
    Hello

I just got my first set of contacts yesterday!!! It is a great option since I look terrible in glasses but I am finding them very hard to get in and take them out. But I am learning. I just wanted to share the good news with all you guys.
    You will get the hang of it, and love them. Congratulations! A couple of tips that were given to me, and really helped when I first got mine....Try to simply look straight ahead as you put them in, not AT the contacts. Also, if you tear up and blink a lot at first, try casting your eyes down slightly, instead of looking up.
    Good luck--you'll do fine!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! I've been wearing contacts since I was 9 (yes my vision was THAT bad that I became the youngest patient my eye dr put in contacts LOL), and I'm almost 32, so you do the math...

It does take time to get used to. What I remember about first wearing them was that I would wear them for just a couple hours one day, than a little more the next, and so on, so your eyes are gradually getting used to them.

I hate my glasses, too. I literally wear them from the bathroom, to the bedroom at nighttime, and back again in the morning.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your contacts. I can no longer wear them since I had medical issues with my eye. At least I like my glasses!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!!! I wore them for years too. It will get easier just like everyone has said The best thing was when I got the Lasik surgery in 1999

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on the new contact lenses! I've been wearing contacts for--gosh, 33 years now, I think. Thank goodness the lenses they make today are so much porous (to get oxygen to the eye) than the ones I started out with. They do take some getting used to, but before long you will be a whiz with them!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I've worn them since 1970 yes they were hard back then Congrats... I still prefer contacts over glasses but I wear only one now b/c one eye is for reading and the other for distance (monovision )
    Enjoy!
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations...I wore contacts for 23 years till I got LASIK done. You'll love them over glasses. Just be sure if you go on vacation you ALWAYS take a spare set. It's only when you DON'T take the spare set that you'll lose them. Also...keep your glasses just in case.

You'll find you're way of taking them out and putting them in. It's awkard at first.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

i remember getting contacts in 10th grade after i thought that boys didn't notice me because of my glasses. haha! it did make me a lot more confident, though. i noticed a big change in my attitude.

anyway, it was hard getting them in, because my doctor told me to put them in on the side of my eye and let them slide over to the middle. but then my aunt said to just go for it right in the middle of my eye - no side/slide business. it was SO much easier that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by autumn View Post
    my aunt said to just go for it right in the middle of my eye - no side/slide business. it was SO much easier that way.
    Absolutely! Try it this way, looking straight ahead....
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P