Quantcast Groceries for hotel room?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Groceries for hotel room?

Hi, we are planning our FIRST ever Disney trip March 24th-28th. DH, myself, 3 DD's (12, 10 and 6) will be staying at the DGCH. We are so excited!! In planning our trip we decided that we would like to take advantage of our early entry access and since park hours are 8-midnight that week, that means getting up at o' dark-thirty to be at the turnstiles early. So we want to get milk, cereal, fruit etc. to keep in our room, to expedite the whole breakfast thing. Having never been in the area before, we are wondering if there is a grocery store within walking distance. Or if there is one within walking distance of one of the outer parking lots where the trams run. We won't have a car.
    Thanks for any help!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I read this on another Disney forum but apparently the Anaheim area Vons and Albertsons stores deliver to your hotel if you want to eliminate the hassle of trying to find them. There is also reportedly a Target quite a ways down on Harbor Blvd.
    Maybe someone here can offer those grocery store addresses or phone numbers if you want to contact them about delivery.
    Ariel
    Disneyland Annual Pass Holder

VMK Name: IzzyInWonderland

1996-Disneyland Hotel
    1998-Disneyland Hotel
    2002-WDW All-Star Music Resort

COUNTLESS TRIPS TO DLR BUT ONLY 1 TRIP TO WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I believe there is a Food 4 Less about a mile or two west on Katella. That is closer than the Target on Harbor if I remember correctly. There are quite a few 7-Elevens that are closer if you don't mind shopping there.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

You're right, it looks like there is a 7-11 quite close. I don't mind paying convenience store prices for a quart of milk for once.
    Grocery delivery looks great, except I think you have to order a minimum of $50.
    Thanks for your help!

Post Thanks / Like

There is a very useful convenience store RIGHT across the street on Harbor. It's located at the Tropicana Inn and Suites and I visit the store almost everytime I am at the park. Their water is cheap, they have lots of food options (including milk, cereal, bread, PB&J ... everything!

If you walk across the Esplanade and head towards Harbor Blvd. ... at the cross walk it's just 1 hotel left on the opposite side of the street:

Tropicana Inn and Suites
    1540 S. Harbor Drive
    Anaheim, CA 92802

I believe you can also shop at Vons.com (it's part of the Safeway chain) and they deliver groceries ... you might want to check that out as well.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: