Quantcast My Disney World Wedding - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest getting in touch with FairyTale Weddings and get yourself a wedding coordinator ASAP. You should decide on a date now and try to get on the list. If there are a number of poeple with the same location/time, there is a lottery for who gets it.

I would also send out a Save The Date letter now to those you want to invite. It will give people an opportunity to plan for your wedding. We were able to get about 40 people to our wedding and I really think it was mostly possible due to us giving as much notice as possible. People will plan on it being a vacation and a year and 1/2 notice is nice. Maybe people will put off a trip this year so they can go next.

Get your arrangements done now as well, I know I am unwilling to get my travel arrangements done until I know the people I'm going to see have theres done. I was burned once, won't happen again. In your Save The Date you should give an idea of where you are staying, and when you will be there. Just to give that peace of mind to folks that you WILL be there.

We also invited everyone to our rehersal dinner AND had a thank you dinner as well. Just a nice little touch to thank people and keep them involved.

Just a couple suggestions, I can send you my Save The Date if you want. It'll take a bit to dig up though...

Finally, start saving! A Disney wedding can be pretty expensive!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Bethany, just out of curiosity where in NJ are you guys from? What kind of teacher is Anthony looking to be? I recently graduated with a degree in secondary education/social studies and I've been looking in the Philly/Southern NJ area for a job and it's definitely a really competitive field. So far I haven't been able to find a permanent position, but I know one will come my way eventually. Still, it can be rough. I am also engaged and trying to save money for a wedding and house while my fiance tries to finish school and find a new career path. I can't wait to hear about the rest of your planning!
    We are in Northern New Jersey, Anthony is certified to teach K-5 and Middle School Social Studies, High school Social Studies and Business/Marketing. It is so hard right now, I am hoping that the spring will open up more jobs for both of you! Best of luck on your wedding planning and new career! Thanks for reading!

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    I would suggest getting in touch with FairyTale Weddings and get yourself a wedding coordinator ASAP. You should decide on a date now and try to get on the list. If there are a number of poeple with the same location/time, there is a lottery for who gets it.

I would also send out a Save The Date letter now to those you want to invite. It will give people an opportunity to plan for your wedding. We were able to get about 40 people to our wedding and I really think it was mostly possible due to us giving as much notice as possible. People will plan on it being a vacation and a year and 1/2 notice is nice. Maybe people will put off a trip this year so they can go next.

Get your arrangements done now as well, I know I am unwilling to get my travel arrangements done until I know the people I'm going to see have theres done. I was burned once, won't happen again. In your Save The Date you should give an idea of where you are staying, and when you will be there. Just to give that peace of mind to folks that you WILL be there.

We also invited everyone to our rehersal dinner AND had a thank you dinner as well. Just a nice little touch to thank people and keep them involved.

Just a couple suggestions, I can send you my Save The Date if you want. It'll take a bit to dig up though...

Finally, start saving! A Disney wedding can be pretty expensive!
    Thanks so much for your suggestions. We did get a wedding coordinator- I will fill you in on that in a bit. Most of our family knows we are planning on a disney wedding so we are hoping that they are saving! I appreciate all of your well wishes and suggestions. They are so helpful!

Let me tell you planning that has occurred so far.

Last week I got in touch with a disney wedding coordinator. She called me back, we have been assigned Pam Pearce. She was very helpful and extremely nice. We have a preliminary date of July 31, 2009. This summer we are going to go down and do some site visits. I really would like to have our reception at the Grand Floridian Ballroom but I am not sure how everything will pan out. I was disappointed to hear that you cant officially book a reception hall until 8 months before the wedding......

What we do know-
    Ceremony: Wedding Pavillion:lovestruc
    Guests: Inviting about 125, estimating about 60-80 will attend:confused3
    Reception first choice- GF ballroom

We will have a cocktail hour, just not sure of details. We definitely want Cinderella's coach as our transportation. We also have chosen our bridal party and I have 4 BM and 1 MOH. He has a best man and 4 GM. We have two young ring bearers and a flowergirl. I hope to post picture ideas soon of my vision. What I do know is that I want simplicity. I love everyones advice and info. Thanks so much for reading!!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

I'll take this time to remind you that Cinderella's Glass Coach is NOT air conditioned and is drawn by real live horses.

It's hot in July!

We also choose the coach and wouldn't change a thing. For those complaining about the heat in the Summer, try dressing in a full tux and riding in a glass bubble. Then talk to me about hot!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll take this time to remind you that Cinderella's Glass Coach is NOT air conditioned and is drawn by real live horses.

It's hot in July!

We also choose the coach and wouldn't change a thing. For those complaining about the heat in the Summer, try dressing in a full tux and riding in a glass bubble. Then talk to me about hot!
    This is very true but how can we not have it? It is so magical and beautiful! Do you have any pictures that you would be willing to share? I bet it was beautiful for you. Thanks!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanymouse View Post
    This is very true but how can we not have it? It is so magical and beautiful! Do you have any pictures that you would be willing to share? I bet it was beautiful for you. Thanks!
    Online I do not, sorry, I try to keep myself offline for the most part...

As far as the coach, since you are planning a summer wedding, remember, it rains EVERY DAY between about 1pm and 3pm or so. I would opt for an early wedding so you're inside when the rain comes. I would push the date to stay away from those times. You really don't want to take pics or be riding in that coach in bad weather, IF they even use it in bad weather.

And with regards to the ballroom. Twinkle lights and chair covers! Trust me!

Post Thanks / Like

Online I do not, sorry, I try to keep myself offline for the most part...

As far as the coach, since you are planning a summer wedding, remember, it rains EVERY DAY between about 1pm and 3pm or so. I would opt for an early wedding so you're inside when the rain comes. I would push the date to stay away from those times. You really don't want to take pics or be riding in that coach in bad weather, IF they even use it in bad weather.

And with regards to the ballroom. Twinkle lights and chair covers! Trust me!
    Thanks for your help. We are still thinking about our time slots for the ceremony. The problem is that I wanted us to finish around 9:30 so that everyone could go out on the beach of the GF and watch wishes. I thought that would be a nice way for everyone to end their night. Now I am rethinking the 2:30 time slot due to a possible storm. I guess we could go with a 5:00 wedding and a 6:30 pm cocktail hour but I almost feel that is too late for guests to eat dinner because they probably wont get served dinner until after 8. What does everyone think?

To update you on planning, we believe that we have selected a photographer. His name is Randy Chapman. He is not connected to Disney but has done many disney weddings. He did recommend a videographer and we sent away for his info. The videographer looked great, his dvd was awesome and his website was beautiful. However, on other sites I have heard not such good things so right now that is up in the air. We are definately going to pay for the MK photo session the morning after our wedding. But that has to be done by a disney photographer. Anyway, that is the update. Thanks for reading! Suggestions are welcome!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding
    I'm sure that everything will be fine the day of your wedding.
    You should check out the videographer, photographer and every other "outsider" you are thinking about with the Florida Better business bureau. Also, check with the Orlando chamber of commerce and the local newspapers for things. Ask for and call any references.
    If you haven't found a dress yet, I would look for sleeveless in that weather.
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

Congradulations! This is sooo exciting!

Im only 17 but i already decided that i want a disney wedding. so im jealous of you.

Im from north jersey too and i know a lot of kids that go/will be going to Ramapo! its a small world after all....
    1991 - Fairway Villas, 1993 - Old Key West, 1995 - Yacht Club, 1997 - Fort Wilderness, 2003 - Fort Wilderness, 2004 - Contemporary, 2005 - Caribbean, 2007 - Polynesian, 2012 - Disneyland Paris, 2014 - Beach Club, 2015 - Beach Club
    2016 - Contemporary
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

We used Disney Photography and feel it was well work the expense. There is really no chance of them no showing up, and they took close to 600 shots at our wedding. It was tough to whittle it down to something we could fit in an album. They caught some great moments most people never even noticed.

We opted to go outside for videography and went with a place called Video Magic I think. They were wonderful, couldn't have asked for a better video. We didn't like what we saw from Disney videography.

BTW - The beach is quite far from the ballrooms. You may want to direct people over to the marina to watch wishes.

Regarding the 5pm slot. I'd still be a little concerned over the rain. You dont want to arrive in the rain, and'or take pre wedding pictures in the rain. I'm sure they will keep you out of the weather, but remember, folks will also be traveling probably from other resorts well before the wedding. It should be good by that time, but personally I'd get inside before the rain comes. After the wedidng, nobody really cares what they look like.

If I recall correctly, lunch was a bit cheaper as well for the meals, and your bar bill will be cheaper as well. Normal people will drink less during the early afternoon than later at night. If that's a concern...

It's a tough call, we were very happy with our time slot, it wasn't super hot yet, and everyone was inside during the worst time of the day.

Post Thanks / Like

You have a wonderful story about the two of you! I just loved reading it and it's so warming to read, especially giving me hope that happiness exist in the "younger" world. I've been married for almost 14 years now, and it's worth all of the hard, really hard work. You two sound like very special people made for each other.

I can't wait to hear all of your wedding plans. My DH kids me all the time that if we were getting married today for the first time, would I want to get married at WDW? I love the thought of it. Especially having the castle in the background of your pictures.

I can't stand it... I get giddy just thinking about weddings, and this makes me especially giddy. I think I need my sons Ritalin (just kidding). But at least we can live vicariously through you.

BTW, I have a friend there in NJ (Bordentown) whose going back to be certified to teach there. She was a HS chem. teacher here in NC.

Best of luck to you two and have fun planning. I can't wait to read more.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Aww, congratulations! I've always dreamed of a Disney Wedding. I'm only 20 and still single, but I want to start saving up for it. It's the only way I will be able to afford one. Anyways, let me know if you need any help or whatever, planning can be stressful but it should also be fun!

Post Thanks / Like

This is so exciting My dd25 is thinking about a WDW wedding. In fact her sister and I were discussing it yesterday (she thinks she's crazy) She doesn't have a ring yet but has been dating her bf for 4 years and they are talking about their future together. My dd seems to think that the bride would have to pay for the guest's lodging. How do you plan lodging for the wedding party and guests? We have a very small family. My parents were both only children so I have no aunts or uncles so our family consists of 19 people, my brother and sister and their kids and my parents so she wouldn't necessarily have a big wedding since her bf's family is from RI and NY they don't have a lot of close family either.
    Just curious on how you feel about having a wedding so far from home?
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazypoohbear View Post
    Congratulations on the upcoming wedding
    I'm sure that everything will be fine the day of your wedding.
    You should check out the videographer, photographer and every other "outsider" you are thinking about with the Florida Better business bureau. Also, check with the Orlando chamber of commerce and the local newspapers for things. Ask for and call any references.
    If you haven't found a dress yet, I would look for sleeveless in that weather.
    Thanks for the advice about the chamber and BBB. I am definately going to check that out! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by princessimagineer View Post
    Congradulations! This is sooo exciting!

Im only 17 but i already decided that i want a disney wedding. so im jealous of you.

Im from north jersey too and i know a lot of kids that go/will be going to Ramapo! its a small world after all....
    Hello there fellow Jerseyean! I loved Ramapo and would recommend it to anyone! Thanks for reading!

We used Disney Photography and feel it was well work the expense. There is really no chance of them no showing up, and they took close to 600 shots at our wedding. It was tough to whittle it down to something we could fit in an album. They caught some great moments most people never even noticed.

We opted to go outside for videography and went with a place called Video Magic I think. They were wonderful, couldn't have asked for a better video. We didn't like what we saw from Disney videography.

BTW - The beach is quite far from the ballrooms. You may want to direct people over to the marina to watch wishes.

Regarding the 5pm slot. I'd still be a little concerned over the rain. You dont want to arrive in the rain, and'or take pre wedding pictures in the rain. I'm sure they will keep you out of the weather, but remember, folks will also be traveling probably from other resorts well before the wedding. It should be good by that time, but personally I'd get inside before the rain comes. After the wedidng, nobody really cares what they look like.

If I recall correctly, lunch was a bit cheaper as well for the meals, and your bar bill will be cheaper as well. Normal people will drink less during the early afternoon than later at night. If that's a concern...

It's a tough call, we were very happy with our time slot, it wasn't super hot yet, and everyone was inside during the worst time of the day.
    Thanks again for all of your help! The marina would be a perfect location, time permitting, for wishes. I have heard of video magic and heard some great things about them. I will look into that. That is one of the most stressful things I think. Thanks for your advice and keep it coming!
    Quote Originally Posted by princessjojo View Post
    You have a wonderful story about the two of you! I just loved reading it and it's so warming to read, especially giving me hope that happiness exist in the "younger" world. I've been married for almost 14 years now, and it's worth all of the hard, really hard work. You two sound like very special people made for each other.

I can't wait to hear all of your wedding plans. My DH kids me all the time that if we were getting married today for the first time, would I want to get married at WDW? I love the thought of it. Especially having the castle in the background of your pictures.

I can't stand it... I get giddy just thinking about weddings, and this makes me especially giddy. I think I need my sons Ritalin (just kidding). But at least we can live vicariously through you.

BTW, I have a friend there in NJ (Bordentown) whose going back to be certified to teach there. She was a HS chem. teacher here in NC.

Best of luck to you two and have fun planning. I can't wait to read more.
    Thanks so much for your well wishes. I know what you mean about my generation. I do feel like many of my friends are settling for the man who buys the ring, not the one who is their best friend. Anthony and I are so happy together. I am grateful for our relationship and cant wait to spend the rest of my life with him. I am very excited to have the castle in our backround. Can it get any more magical than that? You can get as giddy as you want, its fine with me...I get giddy thinking about it all too- well that and nervous! Thanks for reading!

Quote Originally Posted by LauraleeH View Post
    Aww, congratulations! I've always dreamed of a Disney Wedding. I'm only 20 and still single, but I want to start saving up for it. It's the only way I will be able to afford one. Anyways, let me know if you need any help or whatever, planning can be stressful but it should also be fun!
    Planning can be stressful! We arent so much at that point yet, but I feel like I may stress easily so I will be needing some of that promised help! While disney weddings are expensive we are finding they are no more expensive than it would cost us to have a wedding here in NJ. The most expensive cost is for travel. And that we are leaving up to our guests! Thanks so much for reading!
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    This is so exciting My dd25 is thinking about a WDW wedding. In fact her sister and I were discussing it yesterday (she thinks she's crazy) She doesn't have a ring yet but has been dating her bf for 4 years and they are talking about their future together. My dd seems to think that the bride would have to pay for the guest's lodging. How do you plan lodging for the wedding party and guests? We have a very small family. My parents were both only children so I have no aunts or uncles so our family consists of 19 people, my brother and sister and their kids and my parents so she wouldn't necessarily have a big wedding since her bf's family is from RI and NY they don't have a lot of close family either.
    Just curious on how you feel about having a wedding so far from home?
    Hi Ms Min! We are very excited and I always knew that I wanted a disney wedding, long before I even met DF. It is the most magical place on earth right? As for the guest question. We are inviting the same amount of people we would here. About 130-140. They say to expect only about 60% to come. My family are disney fans so we expect our numbers to be about 60-80 people. Not counting specifically on an exact number for now. My feeling is, who comes comes. Who cant come doesnt come. I will be grateful to all who can attend and those that cant I will understand. We are not paying for our guests lodging. They are responsible for that and their transportation to Florida. Disney does offer package deals and specials to wedding guests so that they can take advantage of all of the fun. Thanks so much for reading!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Congratulations on your engagement. I think that you and Anthony are a lovely couple. I can picture it now. I love weddings too. I don't know how you are going to keep us informed while working, wedding planning, bridal gown shopping , and inviting all your guests. Make sure you do send out the save the date invites. It really does work. Again, we all wish you both the best. I am sure that your parents will be the biggest help of all. Can't wait to hear about your bridal shower, getting your gown, choosing wedding rings, oh yes, the just right wedding cake. Again Congrats!!!
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hull-onian View Post
    Congratulations on your engagement. I think that you and Anthony are a lovely couple. I can picture it now. I love weddings too. I don't know how you are going to keep us informed while working, wedding planning, bridal gown shopping , and inviting all your guests. Make sure you do send out the save the date invites. It really does work. Again, we all wish you both the best. I am sure that your parents will be the biggest help of all. Can't wait to hear about your bridal shower, getting your gown, choosing wedding rings, oh yes, the just right wedding cake. Again Congrats!!!
    Thanks so much! We are definitely going to send out our save the dates in October when we get the finalized info from disney. They do not finalize a contract until 8 months out at which time they send out the save the dates. We are actually thinking of including a dvd in the save the date with pictures of us in the "world" and pics of the hotels offered. What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

We are actually thinking of including a dvd in the save the date with pictures of us in the "world" and pics of the hotels offered. What do you think?
    I think it's a great idea. You could always think about one of the opening photos being a picture of your ring or of Anthony on bended knee holding your hand while you are holding a Minnie doll in your arms. You could also include a Minnie/Mickey cake topper in your photos. I am so jealous. You're going to have so much fun planning...I can't wait to hear more.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much! We are definitely going to send out our save the dates in October when we get the finalized info from disney. They do not finalize a contract until 8 months out at which time they send out the save the dates. We are actually thinking of including a dvd in the save the date with pictures of us in the "world" and pics of the hotels offered. What do you think?
    That's great, but really, send something now so that people can plan on being in Florida around your wedding. Even though you don't have an exact date/time, you do have an idea that it will be a destination wedding. This will allow people more than a year and 1/2 to plan/save as opposed to only 8 months.

I'll really try to dig up our initial save the date. Disney's is more of a "bill" to reserve hotels, tickets, etc, not a nice hey we're getting married note if I recall correctly.

If you wanted to do a DVD as a Save the Date that would be pretty cool. There are several slide show programs that allow you to easily make what you are trying to do.

Jacksboro, Texas (Northwest of Dallas Fort Worth)
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your wedding...we also done the Disney wedding...if we can help let me know !!
    First trip 1981

Married at Disney's wedding pavillion 12-22-04
    DVC owners @ SSR Dec 2005
    OKW-DEC-2004-Wedding
    VERO BEACH-DEC-2004-(honeymoon)
    ASM-DEC-2005
    SSR-OCT-2006
    SSR-DEC-2007
    AKV owners Jul 08
    SSR Dec 08
    SSR June 09
    New Baby Boy arrived Aug 3 2009 !! (our first)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessjojo View Post
    I think it's a great idea. You could always think about one of the opening photos being a picture of your ring or of Anthony on bended knee holding your hand while you are holding a Minnie doll in your arms. You could also include a Minnie/Mickey cake topper in your photos. I am so jealous. You're going to have so much fun planning...I can't wait to hear more.
    That is a really cute idea! I think we are definitely going to use disney pics included in it, but do you think we should use only ones of us together or even baby ones?

That's great, but really, send something now so that people can plan on being in Florida around your wedding. Even though you don't have an exact date/time, you do have an idea that it will be a destination wedding. This will allow people more than a year and 1/2 to plan/save as opposed to only 8 months.

I'll really try to dig up our initial save the date. Disney's is more of a "bill" to reserve hotels, tickets, etc, not a nice hey we're getting married note if I recall correctly.

If you wanted to do a DVD as a Save the Date that would be pretty cool. There are several slide show programs that allow you to easily make what you are trying to do.
    Thanks! We are going to try to do the dvd. I have a photo program on my computer that allows it and I think it will be a lot of fun to share with our family. All of our family is aware we are having a destination disney wedding because we let them know at our engagement party. Most are already saving. That would be great if you could give me more info on your save the dates though. Very helpful. Thanks for all your help.

Quote Originally Posted by disneycouple2004 View Post
    Congrats on your wedding...we also done the Disney wedding...if we can help let me know !!
    Thanks so much! Did you just love your wedding? What are some things that you did that you would do again?

I am going to post a link to the picture of our cake topper. Mods feel free to remove it if its against forum rules. Anthony bought this for me about 3 years ago, before we were engaged and thought it would be a great cake topper. I know it might be too heavy but regardless it will be on our cake table.

Cake Topper

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I have only assisted in wedding planning, never done one myself...however,

I think that the video save the date idea is SOOO cute! Especially if you have family that has not been to Disney, you can use this to show them how great it is! And as it gets closer they can re-watch it as their planning video and just get exctied about it! Also, I think it would be cute to use pics of you guys together as well as pics when you were younger.

I love the "cake topper" even if it is too heavy, it will be cute sitting next to your cake!

Have fun with the planning!
    1978-offsite
    December 2003-POR
    June 2005-POFQ
    February 2006-Off site
    June 2006-POFQ
    March 2007-POFQ
    June 6-13, 2008- POFQ

Next: Christmas-New Year's Disneyland or World...not sure yet, but I will be at one!!!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: