Quantcast Is the GAC two sided?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is the GAC two sided?

Hi All!

Our DS9 has autism and he is finally 'ready' for us to share Disney with him! We are beyond excited to finally know he can handle all the stimulation of our favorite place! I am busy, busy, busy making all the plans to make sure this trip goes as smoothly as possible and need to know if the GAC is a two sided card (has writing on both sides that needs to be seen). I am making a lanyard with a "If you find me, please call my mom @".... card and was going to put the GAC with it as well. At first I was just going to slide the cards in a name badge type thing and put on the lanyard, but got to thinking about the self laminating pouches...they would keep the cards safe from water, wear & tear, etc. But then had the thought that the GAC might have info on both sides of the card. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
    Disney BORN & BRED!

71-78 FL resident, MANY visits!
    78-79 CM@MK
    85&90-offsite
    94-SOG
    01&05-Band trips-offsite
    May08-1st visit 4 our spec DS! POFQ
    MAY09-POFQ-DD's college grad!
    POFQ/MNSSHP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The GAC Card is two sided but only one side has pertanient information for the cast memeber. Which is group size, the stamp and expiration date. If you make sure all that is visible then you will be all set. I hope you guys have a great trip : )
    "I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we're in each other's dreams,we can play together all night." --Calvin and Hobbes--

Post Thanks / Like

When are you going? My dd is 8 with autism, and LOVES WDW! One thing that we can't do without though are ear plugs. My daughter has sensory issues, especially with noise, and with earplugs, she can do anything! Happy planning!!
    "We share the same biology, regardless of ideology" - Sting, Russians.

Post Thanks / Like

We use namebadgeholders that you get at tradeshows (I'm pretty sure you can get them at Office Supply stores). It is basically a small nylon pouch with a clear plastic cover and a cord to go around your neck. The ones I get (I horde them from conferences and tradeshows I attend) often have a velcro pouch as well.

DD is able to slide her GAC in the pouch, and we put our tickets in ours. In DD's, I put a note with cell phone numbers, etc. In mine, I carry license, Disney Visa Rewards card and a little cash. For safety reasons, I wouldn't put the contact info in a visible place.
    Daytrip 2001
    HI FamilySuites (now Nick Hotel) 2003
    POR - 2005
    WL 2006, 2007

Cabins 2008
    Jan. '10 DS turns 5 - quick trip with Mommy at ASMo
    June '10 Grand Gathering at the Cabins
    Fall '11 POP last minute surprise
    Summer 2012 Beach Club and Cars Art of Animation

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pugslave View Post
    When are you going? My dd is 8 with autism, and LOVES WDW! One thing that we can't do without though are ear plugs. My daughter has sensory issues, especially with noise, and with earplugs, she can do anything! Happy planning!!
    We will be there the second week of May (85 days!!
    I am taking an mp3 player with his music on it for him to use if things get too 'crazy' for him. The great thing is that I had this list of things to 'work' with him on way ahead of time to make sure he was used to them by the time our departure date arrived.....the earbuds on the mp3 player, the lanyard with his 'ticket' on it, etc...and the first time I approached him with these things..he took to them right away...just like he had always used them. So we are already experiencing some pixie dust and we're not even there yet!!
    We use namebadgeholders that you get at tradeshows (I'm pretty sure you can get them at Office Supply stores).
    Yes, the marketing department where I work is helping me with these. They actually have some that can be laminated as well..havent seen those yet.

Thanks for all your help and advice! I just can't wait!! Disney with our entire family is going to be AWESOME!
    Disney BORN & BRED!

71-78 FL resident, MANY visits!
    78-79 CM@MK
    85&90-offsite
    94-SOG
    01&05-Band trips-offsite
    May08-1st visit 4 our spec DS! POFQ
    MAY09-POFQ-DD's college grad!
    POFQ/MNSSHP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Default GAC and cerebral palsy

Hi there!! i am just wondering about wheelchairs vs. GAC's! My friend has a daughter with severe cerebral palsy! She is in a wheel chair...non verbal, feednig tube, etc! My question is, even though she has obvious disabilities, would she still need a guest assistance card to avoid lines? If so, would she need a doctors note?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TFrauts View Post
    Hi there!! i am just wondering about wheelchairs vs. GAC's! My friend has a daughter with severe cerebral palsy! She is in a wheel chair...non verbal, feednig tube, etc! My question is, even though she has obvious disabilities, would she still need a guest assistance card to avoid lines? If so, would she need a doctors note?
    GAC does not help you avoid all lines.
    If the line is handicap accessible then they will not offer an alternate entrance.
    There are 2 different GACs, one gives you a little more than the other, but with all of the abuse of GACs, the one that lets you in the fast pass line is harder to get.

To the original poster,
    The GAC is a little larger than the namebade holders. You will have to fold it in half for it to fit.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

would a doctors note allow her to get the GAC for the fast pass line??

Post Thanks / Like

My son is 9yrs old with an autistic spectrum disorder and the doctor gives us a note. We just present this to guest relations and they will give us a GAC card for use in the fast pass lane.
    LYNN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Here we go again... View Post
    To the original poster,
    The GAC is a little larger than the namebade holders. You will have to fold it in half for it to fit.
    We did not have to fold ours - holder is about 4 x 6. GAC is about the size of two credit cards (laid out with top edge touching bottom edge of other card. The beauty of the clear cover is that we did not have to remove it from the holder at all during the trip.
    Daytrip 2001
    HI FamilySuites (now Nick Hotel) 2003
    POR - 2005
    WL 2006, 2007

Cabins 2008
    Jan. '10 DS turns 5 - quick trip with Mommy at ASMo
    June '10 Grand Gathering at the Cabins
    Fall '11 POP last minute surprise
    Summer 2012 Beach Club and Cars Art of Animation

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdw_bound View Post
    We did not have to fold ours - holder is about 4 x 6. GAC is about the size of two credit cards (laid out with top edge touching bottom edge of other card. The beauty of the clear cover is that we did not have to remove it from the holder at all during the trip.
    I guess I was thinking of the ones I see people in the parks with that hold the tickets and fast passes. What you are describing sounds perfect.
    When I had my pass I kept it in my pocket and by the time we left it was pretty much shredded. I wish they were made of the same paper as the tickets.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another suggest

Rather than lanyards, we use small metal dog tags that I bought at PetSmart. They have the boys' names and my cell phone number on them. I use a safety pin to pin them to the bottom of their t-shirts. They're too small for a stranger to read without touching the kid, but obvious enough that security really can't miss them. I use them at our local zoo and at airports, too.

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: