Quantcast First Timer -- Poly Help!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default First Timer -- Poly Help!

Hello! I have been using Intercot to help get Disney information for a long time -- thanks for all of your help! This is my first post and I'm vey excited! My family has decided to spend the extra money and stay at the Polynesian for our vacation in June. I was wondering if anyone had any must-do's while we stay there? I have read a lot of info about the Poly and know the best places to eat, etc. But, I was hoping someone had some "secret insight" as to what makes the Poly really special!

Thanks so much for your help!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I always eat O'hana's. I really enjoy their food. They have a great selection of appetizers, vegetables and meats that they bring to the table. Also if you book later in the evening you can see Wishes from the restaurant.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to INTERCOT and congratulations on your vacation. The Polynesian is awesome. Try to spend some time on the beach- it's a great place for a relaxed evening. You can watch the Electric Water Pageant and Wishes right there from the beach (9 for the Water Pageant, varying times for Wishes).

'Ohana is a wonderful place for breakfast or dinner. It's fun to shop and just walk around the grounds and the Great Ceremonial House. There's a torch-lighting ceremony when it gets dark. We like to spend an afternoon or more at the Volcano pool, and getting drinks at the poolside bar (they have great non-alcoholic frozen drink choices). And the transportation to parks is great. The monorail is there, but the boat launch to the MK is also wonderful and it's a short walk to the Transportation & Ticket Center with the monorail to Epcot. Enjoy!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I'm an early riser and I love getting a coffee from the Kona Coffee bar, heading down to the beach to drink it and watch the World come to life. Also, be sure to catch the tiki lighting ceremony one night.
    Enjoy!
    Karen
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

Post Thanks / Like

to Intercot! You're going to love the Poly! It's absolutely wonderful! Be sure to plan some time in your trip to just enjoy the resort - walk around and take in the beautiful landscaping, take a nap in a hammock on the beach, relax and people watch in the lobby, and just explore!

If you have kids, the Poly has children's activities at different times during the day like hula lessons, arts and crafts type of things, etc. I think you can get a schedule from the front desk.

Be sure to watch Wishes from the beach one night...very magical! Catch the torch lighting ceremony around 6:00 p.m. (I think they do it Tues. - Sat., but I'm not positive on that.)

Oh yeah! Don't forget to get a Dole Whip from Captain Cooks! Most of all, have a great time!!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

You have to try the Tonga Toast.....yummm!!!!!!!!!!
    șoșșoșJessica Dșoșșoș

October 2011
    Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

When you first enter the Great Ceremonial House inhale deeply and enjoy the smell. I just like to lean over the railing on the 2nd floor, look at the foliage down below and listen to the water. It's very relaxing.

Have a meal (or a few) at the Kona Cafe. It has really great food.

Rent one of the little speedboats and ride around the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. In Seven Seas Lagoon you have a great view of the entire Poly and GF resorts, the MK, and part of the CR. From Bay Lake you can see the CR (the other side), WL, FW and the skeletons of the old Discovery Island and River Country.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Poly is quite simply the most relaxing resort at WDW,....and its home to one of my favorite Disney memories. The only time I stayed there was with my DD. She and I woke early the first day and had room service breakfast (Mickey choc. chip pancakes) on our Lanai looking out at the MK over the lagoon. Perfectly calm morning, quiet as can be, just us and the ducks. Never had a moment like it at Disney before or since.

So, ask for a lagoon view room, order your Mickey p-cakes and enjoy the magical peace.
    6/74- Offsite
    5/97 - Hilton LBV
    1/04- Offsite
    4/04 - Pop
    2/05 - GF
    4/05 - Poly
    6/05 - MG for 11 at BWV
    4/06 - BCV
    6/06 - MG for 15 at BCV
    2/07 - BCV
    2/08 - BWV (1st time no kids)
    11/08 - BCV
    *8/2010 - Grand gaterhing for 25 at the BCV

Post Thanks / Like

to INTERCOT!

Did you book a lagoon-view room? I would highly recommend it. There's nothing more relaxing in the evenings than to sit on your balcony and watch Wishes playing out from across the lake (well, except for watching it on the beach). They even pipe in the music.

Don't miss eating at the Kona Cafe--it is my favorite restaurant of any resort. The teriyaki steak tip salad is the best! :yum:

We stayed in the Tahiti building and thought it was conveniently located midway between the Great Ceremonial House and the Ticket and Transporation Center. That was handy on days we wanted to go to Epcot--we would walk over to the TTC and pick up the direct monorail over to the park.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

The folks on here have never let me down! We are considering staying at the Poly for our next trip! I read somewhere on here that one family has a resort day where they stay at the poly ALL day one day! This sounds sooooo relaxing and sooo fun for the kids! Ours would live in the pool all day any day at any resort! Her day started at Ohana's or Kona I cant remember then they did the beach thing, shopped a little and then at night they did the luau which is at the Poly!! How fun is that? Then they watched the EWP from the beach and swam some more! We went to O'Hana's for the character breakfast in Nov and I could have wandered the lobby for hours! Congrats on your choice and have a blast!

Post Thanks / Like

Great location. The monorail to MK and Epcot is awesome.

Nice and relaxing. Make sure you eat at Ohana - it is great.
    2008 - Poly
    2005 - Beach Club (Nov)
    2005 - Wilderness Lodge (Feb)
    2003 - Wilderness Lodge (Awesome) Nov
    2003 - The Dolphin (never again)- late May
    2002 - Offsite - Holiday Villas
    2000 - Dixie Landings
    1998 - Port Orleans
    1996 - Dixie Landings
    1994 - Port Orleans
    1992 - Car. Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by splashtest View Post

You have to try the Tonga Toast.....yummm!!!!!!!!!!
    I second that! It was so good I had to eat it twice while we were there (not a good thing for my diet but I don't stick to my diet in Disney World!).
    Alicia

1980 & 1984 - Off site
    1990 & May 2009 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    Jan 2001 (honeymoon) and Nov 2004 - Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Sept 2007 - Polynesian Resort

Next Trip: May 2010 - Polynesian (for our 10 year anniversary)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: