Quantcast The start of my trip report - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Pictures Fige
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just in case you were missin' me in The Country Bears...

Tears will be the chaser for your wine.
    After you leave this love of mine.
    Bright lights and taverns, That's where you'll spend your time.
    And tears will be the chaser for your wine.

I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Day 1 Part 3
    January 18th
    Epcot EMH

So after my camera was charged I headed over to Epcot for EMH. Now let me tell you at this point I was up for well over 36 hours and patience was gone I arrived at Epcot around 8:30 PM and there was a nice chill in the air. I went on SSE to see the disastrous refurb. I have to say this was one of my favorite attractions at the park and it dropped way down the list after my ride. I couldn't take the tone and voice of the new narration I felt like they assumed I was an idiot. The new scenes and refurbed scenes during the first half look great and without the narration would have been very enjoyable. then we hit the second part of the ride the so-called intercactive finale and it goes from bad to worse. I make my selections and watch a cheesy poorly animated segment with my face stuck on a cartoon. The face looked like it was a 5 year old playing in photoshop and they had no clue how to do it. What a waste of time and money on Disney's part. I get off SSE extremely disappointed and walk over to the Seas with Nemo and Friends there is no wait and I walk through the mile long queue and get right on the ride. The ride is cute and enjoyable and I plan to catch a showing of Turtle Talk. I go to get in line for Turtle Talk and the CM won't let me get in line, it seems I forgot to get my EMH wristband which is strange because nobody checked me on SSE or the Seas. I apologize and ask where I can get my wristband and go get one. As I walking I checked the line for Soarin and it was 120 min so I decide to skip it. I get my wristband and head over to Test Track for the Single Rider line. I get done testing my vehicle and now I am getting really tired and cold so I headed over to Norway for a Viking Coffee and Cinamon Roll and ride on the Malestrom. After the Malestrom I decide to go see my old friend Figment and take a spin on Imagination. I have to tell you time really does fly at Disney I looked at my phone and it was already past 10:30. I get off Imagination and start walking over near Innovention and the Character Connection, I figure maybe I can finally take advantage of my Disney Visa free picture well I was wrong it's only availabe at certain times during the day. I take a quick look over at the Pin Station and realize it's after 11. I decide to take another ride on SSE to give it another chance. As I am about to enter a car a CM screams at me not that car don't you see it's broken. I was furious to spoken to like that since the only indication that it was broken was the screen was blue on the ride car. Still the same poorly done refurb. Only this time I notice lots of glitches onboard my car the ride stopped and then the audio was out of sync or off for 3 entire scenes. The Screen actually rebooted itself twice during the ride. I decide to play around more with the answers to the questions and chose and option of cooking for one question and then cleaning for another only to find my head ont he woman. Gee what a bright future woman will cook and clean. The attendant at the end of the ride saw I was still a little annoyed from the way the CM spoke to me and I told him what happened his answer was well these things happen it was a long day At this point I decided it was time to head out of the park and get some sleep for Animal Kingdom on Saturday.

Trip Pictures with Epcot added
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe how rude that CM was to you. Then their only explination is sorry it was a long day. That really isn't an excuse. I would have reported them to somebody.

Other then SSE it sounds like you had a good time.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

Actually I probably would have reported them if I wasn't so tired. I decided it was just time to leave instead.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent pictures! Did you get a new camera?

Can't wait for the rest!
    Last visit to Disneyland : Oct/07
    WDW: Sept/06!!

Dreaming of the next trip...

Post Thanks / Like

Great Pictures JP! Can't believe that CM yelled at you like that. Shouldn't they have something on the car showing it was broken.

I love those figment pictures as always.

Post Thanks / Like

They could have taped the door shut on it.
    Sorry fige you got yelled at. If a car isn't up to snuff or just looks to dirty for our guests we close the doors at unload. My Mom and I went on SSE and we thought it was pretty good.
    I don't understand why you would report someone for yelling if your doing something wrong in the first place. There might have been others who completely ignored him/her and that's why s/he yelled?
    Believe me I've been told by guests that they can't hear me even with me basicly shouting right next to them. Which I get told "you don't have to yell". So why did they make me yell if they heard me in the first place?
    At least we did get to see each other at least once during your visit.
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    I don't understand why you would report someone for yelling if your doing something wrong in the first place. There might have been others who completely ignored him/her and that's why s/he yelled?
    Isn't the CMs job to direct me to the ride This CM wasn't doing their job or paying attention just a mindless point to the next then screams at me like I'm a moron and you see nothing wrong with that Is that the way they are training CMs now?
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Cool trip and pics figgie Sorry about that CM; I hate it when that happens!
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Isn't the CMs job to direct me to the ride This CM wasn't doing their job or paying attention just a mindless point to the next then screams at me like I'm a moron and you see nothing wrong with that Is that the way they are training CMs now?
    Now I understand what happened and that your not at fault. And no their not training us like that Jeff, and I do pay attention to which cars the guests can enter or not. I don't believe you were at fault but that CM was diffently not paying attention. I was just saying that a lot of times I have guests who just won't get into the trains before the doors close and then start yelling at me for seperating them from the rest of their families.
    Now that you explained the situation, now I understand what took place. You saw me did I ignore you and the other guests or did I pay attention and attempt to welcome all guests back to the station?
    Want a cookie or better yet a Mickey ice scream bar?
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

You were fine and did a very good job which is why I was puzzled when it seemed like you were defending the other CM for yelling who was totally in the wrong. It really put a damper on an otherwise great day at the parks. It was definately the main reason I left EMHs early since after that I was not in the mood to stay.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by terri.m View Post
    Excellent pictures! Did you get a new camera?
    Nope no new camera I did play around with some settings on the old one and figured it out a little more but I'm still not 100% happy with it as the good nighttime pictures are few and far between I deleted about 3x the amount you see on the site.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I could see a difference from your last set. The nighttime ones you showed are excellent! It's amazing all the features that are hidden in cameras. I took my mom's little Sony digital to Hawaii and the last night I found the sunset mode.

Can wait to see and hear more!!

Post Thanks / Like

I which my camera took good pictures at night like yours did JP. I have to delete most of my because they turn out blurry. I don't know how people do it at night take good pictures without beening blurry?
    DLand character wanted list.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

Post Thanks / Like

I used the nighttime scenery mode on my camera and tried to hold the camera as still as possible. The slightest movement make the picture blurry it basically takes alot of patience and practice with the camera I have. I deleted more night pictures than I kept. I took atleast 3tries of each picture you see.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

A tripod with a shutter release cable is the easiest way if you have a camera that will use a cable. Most digitals don't. I used one for my SLR pics and they turned out amazing.

Genie I got a little tripod that you can set up on a garbage can or any flat surface. You can carry it in your bag and then you won't get much, if any, blurring. Also, if you stand with your elbows as close in as you can and take a long deep breath before you take the picture, you may not get as much blur. Try that next time!

Now back to the trip report...

Post Thanks / Like

Day 2 Part 1
    January 19th
    Animal Kingdom

Ok this day didn't start exactly as planned. Let me say WDW really needs to standardize their alarm clocks I thought I set the alarm for 7:30 so I could make to AK for opening well I woke up around 8:45 to no alarm. It seems I missed a step setting it. I quickly jumped in the shower got dressed and was off to catch the bus. I arrived at AK around 10:30 I ran over to get a Fast pass for Everest and then grabbed some coffee and a danish for breakfast (ah health food). I wandered around and checked out the area around the Yak & Yeti Restaurant for a while and the caught the Flights of Wonder Show. I haven't seen this show in a long time and really enjoyed it. I have to move it up on my list of things to do more often. After Flight of Wonder I headed over for my ride on Everest which was awesome it was very foggy and misty that morning which really added to the effect of the ride. But this when I notice a trend I was not very happy with it started my first day at the MK but I ignored it. When I arrived at the front of the line and the CM asked how many I said 1 and she rolled her eyes and looked a little annoyed. Well she wasn't done being annoyed because I then asked to wait for the front After Everest I went to get a Fast pass for the Safari and took a stroll down the Pangani Forest Trail. I spent some time watching the Gorillas and other animals on the trail and really enjoyed my time there. I saw a Gorilla that had just come back from his exam so he was very close to the guest area recooping and then another Gorilla was in the tree. I think this is why I love AK so much I can spend hours watching the animals and it really is different every time I visit. Then headed to The Maharajah Jungle Trek for another nice stroll while waiting for my Safari Fast Pass. another great trail to explore I love walking along and watching the animals and I think most people don't get this aspect of the park they are too busy rushing to get the attractions done. Got some cool pictures of the Tigers and other animals along the trail. Stopped and watched the Gibbons for a while. I walked over to Everest and used the Single riders line and faced the Yeti yet again. Well Facing the Yeti can make a growing boy very hungry so I decided to have lunch at the Yak & Yeti
    I will leave you wondering what I had for lunch muahaha...........................................
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Nice Jeff to rides on everest, now that's awesome dude. Now as for that female CM rolling her eyes. I can't believe she acted annoyed with you. You didn't catch her title/name by chance? Just wondering that's all. I wish I was there to make it to single riders. Lol Yeah we want the front car, yeah that's it. Can't wait to hear/read what you enjoyed at the Yak and Yeti. How was/is the desert?

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm my guess for lunch would be Yak??

Is there something with you and alarm clocks and Animal Kingdom? Isn't that what happened in the tour in October?

Did you get to see your Silver Back Gorilla (was that what he was)?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: