Quantcast Who do you book through?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who do you book through?

I usually book through my travel agency, Liberty Travel. I usually get a good price. What different methods of booking do you guys go through. An example is this year we went in Jan. from the 25th to the 30th and it cost about 1500 with air, hotel and magic your way tix.
    Last edited by Airblue1; 02-06-2008 at 10:24 AM. Reason: missed a word
    PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE RIDE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Magical Journeys did a great job for me in 2007! And they are an Intercot sponsor!
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

I usually get the lowest prices with AAA, even when they don't run discounts they're disney packages usually seem less then the other travel agencys.
    Upcoming Trips:
    September 17-26, 2009: Bouncing Back for Free Dining at POFQ

Past Disney Trips:
    February 24-March 3, 2007: Coronado Springs
    September 25- October 4, 2008: POFQ Water View, Dolphins in Depth Tour

Post Thanks / Like

I always booked myself, either by phone or Disney website. My last few trips I used MJ. They were great.

Post Thanks / Like

Magical Journeys!
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

I always book myself as well, on the disney website.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

I usually book either directly with Disney or through AAA but this time we're going to use Karen at MJ ( Karen!). Somehow though, I ended up with a hold on a package at POFQ this morning when I called to check if we have a PIN code attached to our name. I'm not exactly sure how the CM talked me into holding a room and I'm not even sure POFQ is where we're staying and I don't know that we're booking a package. I guess I agreed to the hold just to get off the phone - the CM was really sweet and knowledgeable but boy was she pushy too!
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Magical Journeys for me too! Wouldn't think of using anyone else. Thanks to Debbie for all the wonderful experiences!!!
    2003 - Off site
    2004 - Jan PC, Mar ASM, June Off site
    2005 - Sept POR

2007 - Feb CBR
    2008-CS Conference & Family Vacation AKL
    2009 - Oct ASMo (just me and my little man)

Go Big Red!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airblue1 View Post
    I usually book through my travel agency, Liberty Travel. I usually get a good price.
    Keep in mind that it really doesn't matter which TA you use in terms of price except for the knowledge and dedication of that TA in finding the best discount for you. All TA's have the same discounts available to them through Disney, except AAA, which has their own package discount. However, AAA is often not the cheapest (though they sometimes are). Only AAA can get their package discount, though Magical Journeys can get you AAA's room only discount. So, using a TA or not comes down to service. I am now exclusively going to use Magical Journeys because of the fantastic service given on our last 2 trips. Before that I booked myself. Using MJ saves a LOT of headaches and they go the extra mile for you that most other TA's won't.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleveSJM View Post
    Magical Journeys did a great job for me in 2007! And they are an Intercot sponsor!
    Have booked 3 trips with Wendy from Magical Journeys.

Now, so do our friends.

Great service! They always keep theirs eyes out for the best deals for their clients! Even after you have booked.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who do you book through?

I always call DW directly. I have found that different CM have different knowledge on what they can and can not in terms of combining discounts. I have found it is best to call back a couple of times after I book my package to see what enhancements can be made. Also. I have had the best luck during the day time hours. My theory is that the Full Time people during the day have more knowledge and that may be the Part Time people at night have less knowledge. I have no proof. It is just my theory.

Pop Century 9/20-9/27
    Ali and Tyler's Dad
    Pop Century 6/14
    Pop Century 5/12
    Caribbean Beach Resort (Pirate Rooms) 1/1/11 Free DDP
    Pop Century 10/09 Free DDP
    Pop Century 9/08 Free DDP
    All-Star Sports 9/06 Free DDP
    Pop Century 9/05
    All-Star Movies 1/02
    Coronado Springs 8/99
    Off-Site 8/98

Post Thanks / Like

Magical Journeys.
    Upcoming Trips:

March '11 Beach Club Villas
    July '11 Disney Institute Seminar-Beach Club
    Aug '11 Wonder to Alaska
    Nov '11 BLT

DVC Member Since 11/06

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on the trip.

I have never seen travel "packages" work out dollarwise. You can almost always do better yourself, if you do your homework.

I use Expedia/Orbitz/Travelocity, etc. to research airline prices, but generally book directly with the airline's own web site. Of course, with airlines such as Southwest, you almost have to.

If staying at a Disney hotel, I now like to use Magical Journeys. They're knowledge is the best and they'll keep on top of everything, so if there's a change in AAA/Disney Visa/Annual Pass rates, they'll change your reservations for you immediately.

If staying offsite, again I use the general websites listed above, but then book directly with the hotel's own website. There are occasions where an orbitz or a Travelocity will have a better rate, but they often won't. I also like to keep an eye on Travelzoo, since they post some nice offsite discounts, especially in the last month or two before you go.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, wherever I can find the cheapest rate. I've booked through Expedia, Southwest Vacations and directly through Disney. In each case I did my research, shopped around and was able to get exactly what I was looking for each time. If you have the time, resources and knowledge, it really can be the best way to go.
    October 1982 Days Lodge
    February 1992 Holiday Inn
    October 2001 Clarion Maingate
    April 2003 Wilderness Lodge
    March 2006 Caribe Royale Resort
    September 2006 Pop Century
    January 2012 Windsor Hills
    January 2014 Santa Cruz (Off-site) Marathon Weekend / Marathon Participant!

Post Thanks / Like

We almost always book ourselves. Call me a control freak,I like to get my package papers delivered to me and my ME tags instead of stopping somewhere. Years ago we had a travel agency book for us and "forgot" to forward on our papers, it was a mess. We have used a travel agent 3 times. I don't know seems like we get the same price or sometimes better booking on our own?? I am a research nut and we always do Disney on a budget. And being an Intercot member discounts always come up in conversation, so you can always get a heads up. We just LOVE this site!
    Next Trip: POP Century...September 16th to September 26th!

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

First trip was through AAA.

Second and third were through WDW Online and I needed to book airfare separately.

Last trip was through Denise @ MJ and airfare through SW.

Denise is working on our Sept. trip this year and I have already put her through the wringer with changing the dates multiple times to work around strange schedules. She has been great to work with!

I will always use SW for airfare for 2 reasons - 1) Non-stop flights from BWI to MCO and 2) they have had the best prices to date.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ali'sdad2003 View Post
    I always call DW directly. I have found that different CM have different knowledge on what they can and can not in terms of combining discounts. I have found it is best to call back a couple of times after I book my package to see what enhancements can be made. Also. I have had the best luck during the day time hours. My theory is that the Full Time people during the day have more knowledge and that may be the Part Time people at night have less knowledge. I have no proof. It is just my theory.

Pop Century 9/20-9/27
    This is exactly why we use MJ now! Instead of me spending time trying to get the best deals and dealing with (often unknowledgable) CMs, I let MJ do it for me. They are fantastic, often know MORE than some CMs and always try to get you the best deals available. I will never book another Disney trip w/o MJ (and now if they only booked all destinations besides Disney I would be all set!)

Post Thanks / Like

MJ- Melissa

Fabulous results!
    "Everybody wants to be a Cat"

Post Thanks / Like

I like to book everything myself.

I plan/organize and book different trips (no Disney trips yet though) for church groups all the time and I am used to figuring things out for myself and I prefer to do so. So, when planing my own personal trips, I explore and figure on Disney's website, but then I call Disney directly, because I prefer not to book or buy much online.

I looked at using Magical Journies for my next trip to see what they could offer. I am curious about what they could put together as far as plan and cost. I think it looks like they would do a good job.

But, my concern is that I understand from their website that they will price a vacation for you and you are not bound to use it, but they prefer that if they do the work, that you don't then go and book it on your own. Which I Totally Understand and agree with! I don't think it is fair to have them do the work and then not book it through them. Unless you can get a better deal somewhere else, but then you could possibly tell them about that and they could maybe get the same deal for you. I don't know.

I just don't feel right out using their services, knowing that I might not book through them.
    June, 1990 - MK, Epcot -Off Site Hotel - Sang on stage & Marched in parade at MK
    Feb. '05 - DL, DCA - Off Site Hotel
    Feb. '07 - All Parks, DT - AKL
    May '08 - All Parks, DT - AKL & POP - 4 day Disney Cruise
    Jan. '13 DL, DCA, DT -Off Site Hotel
    Nov. '13 All Parks, DT - POP & Swan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaDisney View Post
    I just don't feel right out using their services, knowing that I might not book through them.
    It's OK to request a quote and then make up your mind.
    It'll most likely be close to or the same price as you might find on your own.

BUT... the beauty of using MJ is that once you book with them, if at any time before your trip a special rate comes out- they automatically apply it to your trip!
    I'm on Intercot all of the time, and I do a lot of research- even when we don't have a trip coming soon. But I will often get an email from Melissa even before the special rate is announced to the public! Now, there's no way I could keep up with that kind of service! And I don't have to worry if: 1) do I know about the deal, and 2) Can I call WDW in time to secure the rate for me? It's just done.
    Gives me more time to plan ADRs, tours, shop, etc!
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: