Quantcast Parking at a Resort (Not Staying At)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Parking at a Resort (Not Staying At)

We are heading down to Disney next week and I need to get 4 or 5 runs in. We are staying at the Pop Century but I would like to go run on the jogging trails at Fort Wilderness, Boardwalk, OKW and Caribbean Beach. We will have a car. Just wanted to know if I can expect any trouble when I pull in and ask to park to use the trails?

Also if you guys have any suggestions for good place to run let me know. I need to get at least 5 miles on my runs.

Thanks,
    Tom
    Polynesian 92
    Off Site 94
    CBR Feb 00
    Fort Wilderness Cabins May 01
    Pop May 04
    Disneyland Feb 05
    Pop May 06
    Pop May 07
    Pop Feb 08
    POR - Feb 10
    Disneyland - Feb 11
    Pop - May 12
    POR - Sept 13

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You should not have any problems. You will have a Pop parking pass. You will need to speak to the security guard at the front gate and possible show ID or your room key. But you should be fine.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

We have visited lots of resorts without staying there. If you are polite and honest, you should have no problems at all.

If I was a jogger, that sounds like it would be fun.
    First visit-1972
    Contemporary-Ft Wilderness-Royal Palace/DTD-AS Music-AS Movies-AS Sports-Coranado Springs-Pop Century-Animal Kingdom Lodge-Port Orleans Riverside-Hilton/DTD-Port Orleans French Quarter-Caribbean Beach
    Last visit-Mar 2011
    Next visit-Sep 2011

WarEagle

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on the time of year, there seems to be a few different policies that they follow. During slow times, you will be issued a 3 hour pass (especially enforced at the resorts closest to the parks). During busier times, a 3 hour pass may only be issued to those with a dining reservation at that particular resort.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Tom,

My DW and I just got back from a trip the last week of January, and DW also needed to get a couple of runs in.

One of the good trails that we found goes from the WL along the trail to FW and for approx 2.5 miles. (http://www.disneyrunning.com/joggingtrailfw.html) Obviously if you round-trip it, because you parked at the WL, that makes about 5 miles.

You can check out the website www.disneyrunning.com for other resort related trail maps. (just go to the bottom of the screen and hit WDW Jogging Trails on the right-hand side.

Hope this helps and have a great trip.
    Jason -

"Oh, he's doing his own theme music? Big, dumb and tone deaf. I am so glad I was unconscious for all of this."

Many, Many trips to DL
    Jan 26-30 '08 ASMu
    Apr 24-26 '08 Disneyland Resort Hotel
    Jan 24-31 '09 Off-Site at the World
    Jun 11-15 '09 CBR
    May 4-8 '10 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I would be up-front with any security guard about what you are doing. I think most are not going to give you a rough time for parking a couple hours. However, to avoid some potential problems, you might try parking elsewhere for some of your runs.

For example, the day you want to run around the Boardwalk, you can drive to the Disney Studios to park (for free with your resort parking pass). From the Studios, run the path that goes to Boardwalk and BC/YC loop, and then back. Also, you mention running at OKW (which I would highly recommend). But instead of starting at OKW, park at the shopping village at DTD. Start running along the water toward Saratoga - follow the marked path from Saratoga to OKW and back. That's a nice path (probably a little over a mile each way) between DTD and OKW. You can also add distance by running around OKW and/or Saratoga.

Have a great time!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone for their feedback. It sounds like I should not have a problem getting into the parking lots at the resots I plan to run at.. But if I do there are Park lots I can park at and then just hop a monorail or boat over to the resort to run.

The OKW idea sound great. I'll definetly do that the day I run over there.

I didn't realize parking was free at the Parks with a resort parking pass. Also does anyone know if that trail between Pop and CBR is open for people to walk/run down? That would make for a nice connecting loop between the two resorts.

Thanks,
    Tom
    Polynesian 92
    Off Site 94
    CBR Feb 00
    Fort Wilderness Cabins May 01
    Pop May 04
    Disneyland Feb 05
    Pop May 06
    Pop May 07
    Pop Feb 08
    POR - Feb 10