Quantcast My nose is being held captive by the "Stupid People"

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool My nose is being held captive by the "Stupid People"

Ok, I don't do a lot of these "vent" topics but I feel like doing one right now.

I would very much like to have some Sudafed for my nose today. I've got some major sinus issues going on. Normally, in times past, I would go into the medicine cabinet and take some psuedophed do dry up the problem.

But, do I have any psuedophed in the medicine cabinet, NO. Can I run into the store and quickly grab a box off the shelf, NO. WHY? Because of those I call the "STUPID PEOPLE". The small percentage of the population who would choose to use a useful remedy to make/consume meth. While the majority of us, those who are not making or consuming meth, are restricted from a perfectly useful medicine. And once again we are paying the price, forced to make the sacrifice, because of the "STUPID PEOPLE".

There, I've said it. I'm done now. I'll shut up and go back to breathing through my mouth because my nose is solidly clogged, and draining like a stuck water bed.

P.S. - and yes, I still want my lawn darts back.
    Marker from MO

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't you just buy it "behind the counter" at your local pharmacy? Here in Texas, we can buy one box at a time, from the pharmacist and sign for it, but it's not that bad of an inconvenience. It's worth it because nothing else really works like good ol' pseudoephedrine.

CBR - June 01
    Ft. Wilderness March 03
    POR March 05
    Ft. Wilderness - May 06
    Wilderness Lodge March 07
    Coronado Springs Jan 08

Post Thanks / Like

Here in PA, we can purchase it behind the pharmacy counter as well. We just have to ask for it and then show a driver's license. It's a bit of an inconvenience, but it's still available. When it's coming on cold and allergy season, I will purchase in advance so we have a bit of a "store" in case I can't get out anywhere.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

But the pharmacy is closed at this time of night and will likely be closed tomorrow.

It is an inconvenience...not too much of one if the pharmacy is open, but a huge one if it's closed!
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

What did you say you were on?
    Missy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    But the pharmacy is closed at this time of night and will likely be closed tomorrow.

It is an inconvenience...not too much of one if the pharmacy is open, but a huge one if it's closed!
    exactly!

I got some kind of RX decongestant (with sudafed in it) shortly after that law went into effect and I just about had to sign my life away to get it! Driver's license, a search of the database to make I hadn't purchased anymore, signing their sheet of people who purchased sudadfed. Geez! All a person wants is to feel better!

Good luck, I hope you feel better soon!
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Yes, it can be bought from behind the counter. But it's still a hassle. And as was said, if the pharmacy is closed then what.

I understand why it is regulated, but it still irks me. It's like when I was a kid and the entire class gets punished because of something one kid did. Except that was used as motivation to rest of us, and to apply peer pressure to the culprit. But in the adult world, it's not about peer pressure, and I (we) don't really need the motivation to not engage in the "stupid" activity. In the adult world, it's all about protecting people from themselves, no matter what effect it has on the rest of us.

Just my opinion.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Just FYI, I've recently become an expert on sinus issues as my DH has chronic sinus problems. The ONLY thing that makes an impact is garlic, preferably eatting it raw.

Yes, it makes you smell. But it WORKS.

Eat a couple cloves throughout the day. The secret is (and NO ONE believes me until they try it) to drink FRESH ORANGE juice while you eat it. You will not taste the garlic one bit. I absolutely swear! Your sinuses will clear up QUICK. Best of luck!
    Keep Moving Forward

First Trip: March '07
    Second Trip: May '08
    Third Trip: Hopefully Soon!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    Yes, it can be bought from behind the counter. But it's still a hassle. And as was said, if the pharmacy is closed then what.

I understand why it is regulated, but it still irks me. It's like when I was a kid and the entire class gets punished because of something one kid did. Except that was used as motivation to rest of us, and to apply peer pressure to the culprit. But in the adult world, it's not about peer pressure, and I (we) don't really need the motivation to not engage in the "stupid" activity. In the adult world, it's all about protecting people from themselves, no matter what effect it has on the rest of us.

Just my opinion.
    I totally agree that it's stupid. I thought you couldn't get any at all. At the time I posted, our local pharmacies would still be open at places like Walmart and Target - but not for much longer.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

It's a shame that us law bidding citizens pay for the poor choices of a small percentage of the society but in this case it has to be done. TI had a simliar situation at Home Depot the other day, I went in to pick up a can of spray paint and it was locked and required help to get.

Quote Originally Posted by jeddalynn View Post
    Just FYI, I've recently become an expert on sinus issues as my DH has chronic sinus problems. The ONLY thing that makes an impact is garlic, preferably eatting it raw.

Yes, it makes you smell. But it WORKS.

Eat a couple cloves throughout the day. The secret is (and NO ONE believes me until they try it) to drink FRESH ORANGE juice while you eat it. You will not taste the garlic one bit. I absolutely swear! Your sinuses will clear up QUICK. Best of luck!
    I love my food cooked with garlic but eating raw garlic and to mix it with OJ !
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff G View Post
    It's a shame that us law bidding citizens pay for the poor choices of a small percentage of the society but in this case it has to be done. TI had a simliar situation at Home Depot the other day, I went in to pick up a can of spray paint and it was locked and required help to get.

I love my food cooked with garlic but eating raw garlic and to mix it with OJ !

I know! Everyone goes when I tell them but it seriously works! And can you think of a better cold/sinus remedy then fresh OJ and raw garlic? Try it, I double dog dare you! You won't taste a thing
    Keep Moving Forward

Post Thanks / Like

I have suffered from sinus problems all my life and when these laws came out, Tylenol stopped making the one sinus medicine that actually worked for me (Tylenol night time sinus, which, obviously, I only took at night!) They have other versions, that you can get behind the counter, but they don't work half as well. I didn't even know at the time that people were using the ingredients in it to make illegal drugs!

When I do go to buy something behind the counter, I have to hand over my license, sign a log, etc.....just to get some sinus relief. I understand why, but it just feels so weird.
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a fan of Sudafed too. I always feel so put-out when I have to go through the third degree to get it.

Anyone here ever heard of a netipot? I've had sinus problems forever, even having surgery back in July 2006. I still was miserable. Then I discovered the netipot. I know some people are really put off by it, but I've never done better!
    Sonja

Spay and neuter your pets!

Post Thanks / Like

I miss my lawn darts too.

TikiG
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Well ranted Marker!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RenDuran View Post
    I'm a fan of Sudafed too. I always feel so put-out when I have to go through the third degree to get it.

Anyone here ever heard of a netipot? I've had sinus problems forever, even having surgery back in July 2006. I still was miserable. Then I discovered the netipot. I know some people are really put off by it, but I've never done better!
    Neti-pots awesome! A little weird at first but it works really well. You can also get a saline spray that comes in a preprepared bottle thats a bit easier to use. But they can get expensive if you use them all the time.
    Keep Moving Forward

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeddalynn View Post
    You can also get a saline spray that comes in a preprepared bottle thats a bit easier to use. But they can get expensive if you use them all the time.
    I never had much success with those sprays, plus it always stings the back of my throat when it drains. The neti cleans me out a lot better. I can control what goes into the rinse. I only use sea salt, so there isn't any iodide in it, which can irritate mucos membranes.
    Sonja

Spay and neuter your pets!

Post Thanks / Like

I know it's an inconvenience, but I don't mind them keeping these types of meds behind the counter now and requiring ID's to purchase them. I just make sure that I have a box of Claritin on hand (which is what my husband uses for his allergies). In fact, I think that it's good that the government finally started controlling the sale of them. There are other products that I think need to be similarily controlled, such as cough syrup containing dextromethorphan, as there are lots of teenagers out there abusing it.

Sorry about your cold though, Marker--hope you feel better soon.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RenDuran View Post
    I don't know what a netipot is, but I use a nasal irrigation kit. It's pretty unpleasant, but it washes everything out. Since I'm not allowed to blow my nose because of my extensive reconstructive surgery, this is the only way to get the yucky stuff out.

Good luck!
    Tammy

8/78, 5/88, 3/90, 3/94 - WDW - Off-Site
    5/86, 7/91, 3/99 - DL - Off-Site
    10/97, 7/98 - WDW - Poly
    7/01 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #1
    2/02 - WDW - WL
    7/03 - WDW - Poly - surprise b-day trip
    12/04 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #2
    1/06 - WDW - Poly - surprise 6th b-day for DD

Post Thanks / Like

It is an inconvenience, and I agree that it feels like we're all paying the price for a few bad seeds. The razor blades are under lock at my grocery store now, too, because apparently they're a high theft risk and the store has been cleaned out twice before the locks went on. But it takes forever to find someone to unlock the rack and get what I need.

I used to love Dimetapp twelve hour, little blue pills. Nothing worked quite like it. But they changed the main ingredient due to stroke risk and now it doesn't work for me. Of course, I don't want to risk a stroke, but I miss the effectiveness.

Marker, to get well soon!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: