Quantcast My nose is being held captive by the "Stupid People"

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Cool My nose is being held captive by the "Stupid People"

Ok, I don't do a lot of these "vent" topics but I feel like doing one right now.

I would very much like to have some Sudafed for my nose today. I've got some major sinus issues going on. Normally, in times past, I would go into the medicine cabinet and take some psuedophed do dry up the problem.

But, do I have any psuedophed in the medicine cabinet, NO. Can I run into the store and quickly grab a box off the shelf, NO. WHY? Because of those I call the "STUPID PEOPLE". The small percentage of the population who would choose to use a useful remedy to make/consume meth. While the majority of us, those who are not making or consuming meth, are restricted from a perfectly useful medicine. And once again we are paying the price, forced to make the sacrifice, because of the "STUPID PEOPLE".

There, I've said it. I'm done now. I'll shut up and go back to breathing through my mouth because my nose is solidly clogged, and draining like a stuck water bed.

P.S. - and yes, I still want my lawn darts back.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Can't you just buy it "behind the counter" at your local pharmacy? Here in Texas, we can buy one box at a time, from the pharmacist and sign for it, but it's not that bad of an inconvenience. It's worth it because nothing else really works like good ol' pseudoephedrine.

CBR - June 01
    Ft. Wilderness March 03
    POR March 05
    Ft. Wilderness - May 06
    Wilderness Lodge March 07
    Coronado Springs Jan 08

Post Thanks / Like

Here in PA, we can purchase it behind the pharmacy counter as well. We just have to ask for it and then show a driver's license. It's a bit of an inconvenience, but it's still available. When it's coming on cold and allergy season, I will purchase in advance so we have a bit of a "store" in case I can't get out anywhere.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

But the pharmacy is closed at this time of night and will likely be closed tomorrow.

It is an inconvenience...not too much of one if the pharmacy is open, but a huge one if it's closed!
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

What did you say you were on?
    Missy

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Yes, it can be bought from behind the counter. But it's still a hassle. And as was said, if the pharmacy is closed then what.

I understand why it is regulated, but it still irks me. It's like when I was a kid and the entire class gets punished because of something one kid did. Except that was used as motivation to rest of us, and to apply peer pressure to the culprit. But in the adult world, it's not about peer pressure, and I (we) don't really need the motivation to not engage in the "stupid" activity. In the adult world, it's all about protecting people from themselves, no matter what effect it has on the rest of us.

Just my opinion.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    But the pharmacy is closed at this time of night and will likely be closed tomorrow.

It is an inconvenience...not too much of one if the pharmacy is open, but a huge one if it's closed!
    exactly!

I got some kind of RX decongestant (with sudafed in it) shortly after that law went into effect and I just about had to sign my life away to get it! Driver's license, a search of the database to make I hadn't purchased anymore, signing their sheet of people who purchased sudadfed. Geez! All a person wants is to feel better!

Good luck, I hope you feel better soon!
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post

Yep - I totally agree. Sudafed is the only over the counter medicince that I can take that doesn't cause me to get a severe sinus infection. I used to be able to grab a box off the shelf at the local discount store, but now I have to make sure the pharmacy is open when I go.
    It's also a pain because I can't send my 17 year old to buy some for her cold, I have to go get it because you have to be 18 years old in AL!
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

Well ranted Marker!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    Because of those I call the "STUPID PEOPLE". The small percentage of the population who would choose to use a useful remedy to make/consume meth.
    The real problem isn't the stupid people, it;s the people who make laws that won't allow the manufacturers to place an otherwise inert ingredient in this stuff that would explode if you try to turn it into meth

Everyone's problem solved....
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

The problem here in Minnesota is you are only allowed to buy so many Milligrams per every 2 to 3 weeks which makes it impossible when the whole family is sick at once.

I tried to buy a box of Sudafed, some Dayquil and some Childrens Sudafed and they wouldn't let me because that was too much I could only buy the Sudafed( small box) and the Childrens Sudafed. I could come back in 2 weeks for more if I needed. I asked what do big families do and they just said you only can buy the set amount at a time.

I love Sudafed and always buy extra so I have some at home and my huband has some to take with him to work.
    So I found a solution to the problem. I buy some all year round so we have extra when we need it. The Pharmacy told me to do it that way. They said as long as you are with in time frame they won't give you any hassles and so far they haven't.

I agree to about nasal spray. I love my nasal spray. I hate having even the slightest stuffy nose. First sign of getting plugged up I grab the nasal spary.
    1999 off site- July
    2001 All Star Movies- Sept
    2004 CBR-Oct
    2005 Poly won free from Disney-Jan
    2007 POP-Oct
    2010 POP-Oct

2013POP - Oct First trip /all 3 kids- DD's 1st
    2014 All Star Movies-Nov / Mother son 2 day visit, after college tours
    2016 POP-Sep

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

I can understand and can agree with placing some controls on the sale of certain over the counter medication that can be abused- however, I don't agree with some of the big brother aspects (maintaining a recorded log for at least 2 years of my purchase?)

Who really has access to that data and how will it be warehoused, data mined or otherwise tracked and by what agencies and for what purposes?

The reasons that have me concerned is that lawmakers managed to draft and pass the "Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic Act of 2005" as an extension to the renewal of the USA PATRIOT Act under the broad-reaching powers of the nation's war on terrorism (Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism).

I remember reading that it was US Rep. Charles Dent who lauded praise on the legislation saying "The growing availability of methamphetamine is a form of terrorism unto itself."

Aha! So in effect we can blame the terrorists for your stuffy nose!

Now the law has seen a drastic reduction in seizures or complete elimination of home-grown meth labs in many areas- which has just as quickly been replaced with growing supply of imported Mexican crystal meth produced in super-labs.

It has only shifted the problem- in trade for the elimination of the local meth lab epidemic, law enforcement now battles a more potent product that sells at a higher premium as it gets distributed via the black market. Then there's the inherent dangers (violence) in fighting the drug cartels that oversee these operations.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: