Quantcast Cypress Gardens

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Cypress Gardens

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cypress Gardens

My farther just told me he booked a trip for us to Florida (no Disney ) for March 1-6. Luckily I had some extra vacation time at work. We will be going to Cypress Gardens. I haven't been there since I was 4 (I am now 24). What changes have taken place? How will the weather be? Any other information you can give me would be great.

Thank you
    Been too many times to count 1987-2002
    Contemporary - 10/2003
    Disneyland - 7/2004
    Pop - 12/2004
    POR - 7/2005
    AS Sports - 9/2006
    Disneyland - 7/2007
    Pop - 11/2008
    Caribbean Beach - 9/2009
    AS Movies - 5/2010
    AS Music - 11-12/2010
    Pop - 9/2011

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cypress Gardens changed hands in about 2005 after being closed for a while (2 years?) prior to that. It's been about a year-and-a-half since we've been there, but I found that it was a pretty darn good experience. Apparently Cypress Gardens had gone down hill quite a bit since I was last there in the 1980's, but the new owners have made a large number of improvements when they re-opened. There's a nice waterpark now, as well as lots of new rides geared mostly towards kids. The gardens were still well-maintained, and as far as I can tell the new owners have preserved the older features. We were told that the canals were going to be refurbished, but I have no idea if that ever happened or not. There's still the waterskiing show of course. The ice skating show was a bit corny (something weird about Eastern European skaters performing to "God Bless America"). For us it was a good experience - I'd say it could easily fill out an entire day's activities if you have kids. Maybe a half-day if you don't.

Post Thanks / Like

We went there a few years ago after it had been closed down ..To be honest not alot has really changed they have added the funfair which is really good .. We had a great day out and its defiantly a full day .....Have fun

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: