Quantcast Where would you not dine again - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

for me and dw it would be Mama Melrose hands down. the food was awful, the service was decent, but the food was bad,bad,bad! i ordered a pasta dish and it was like i was eating a bowl of garlic , i mean there was more garlic than pasta, i forgot what dw had but it was the same for her. we will not go back to Mama Melrose.

Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Coral Reef.

DH's food was ok but mine was inedible and the service was the slowest I have ever seen.

Post Thanks / Like

San Angel for me.

The family and I were so excited to eat there again during our trip in August. We actually chose it for our first sit down meal of our trip.

Needless to say we were quite disappointed. The atmosphere is wonderful but the service and the food was subpar to say the least. We were always looking for our waiter, who was nowhere to be found and the food had no taste to it at all.

And to top it all off we has asked if we could sit at an open table we saw right next to the River. We told the hostess we would be more than happy to wait a bit longer if need be. We were told that it was a table for 6 not 4 so we couldn't sit there. 5 minutes later the hostess seated a family of 4 at the exact same table.

All in all a very disappointing experience to say the least.

Jay

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... Lets see...

We have the Luau at the Polynesian, The Yachtsman Steakhouse, Crystal Palace, Hollywood and Vine, and Coral Reef. Off the top of my head...

lockedoutlogic Guest

I saw completely inappropriate behavior by both the Manager and Chef in the lobby of Narcoossee's on a very busy day of the year

We won't return.....not only for that...but the food at Citricos just a couple hundred feet away is more imaginative and usually of better quality

Post Thanks / Like

Sci-Fi No thank you cinnamon napkin!
    Cassi
    1987 on site and Disney cruise
    1995 off site
    January 2006 Pop
    Feb. 2008 Bonnet Creek
    Sept.28- Oct.4 2008 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    January 2009 Bonnet Creek
    Sept 28 - Oct. 4 2009 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    Jan. 9-Jan. 14 2011 POFQ
    Coming Soon! Feb. 12-19 2012 CBR

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Hmm... Lets see...

We have the Luau at the Polynesian, The Yachtsman Steakhouse, Crystal Palace, Hollywood and Vine, and Coral Reef. Off the top of my head...
    Now that I'm warmed up...

wholeheatedly agree about crystal palace and hollywood and vine....

just had excellent meals at both coral reef and yachtsmans back in november....sketchy results in the past

and though most people are blind to it....CRT does not have good food quality as well

Tony's is a disappoint because they continue to fuss with the menu and the results are often bland or pedestrian choices

Crystal Palace could be a wonderful restaurant if they would drop the buffet and go to a more traditional table service location...the building is great...just needs some TLC from the chefs

Post Thanks / Like

Marrakesh and the counter-service grill next door (Tangiriene?). Service was terrible and the food was mediocre.

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

Martinsville, IN 15 hrs. 22 min, 970 mi. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Rainforest Cafe - I really DO NOT like this place!!!! and if I never eat there again I'd be happy.
    December 2012 - Pop - All Girl I Wanna Go What's One More Trip
    October 2009 - POR - Grand Gathering
    Dec. 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
    August 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2005 - Pop Century

Nov. - Dec. 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2002 - Ft. Wilderness Campground - Family Reunion Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wouldn't Eat At Again

Hands down the worst meal any of us ever had at WDW-----ABC Commissary

Runner Up-Mama Melrose's

BostonChic Guest

Red face Not to eat?

I would say Hollywood and vine.We're not picky at all but the food was not that goodWe would never eat there again

Post Thanks / Like

Mine would be CS in Mexico. Noodle Station in MK which I think has closed.

Post Thanks / Like

Our pick would be 50's Prime Time Cafe.
    We waited almost an hour to be seated and our food was not good. Pot roast tasted like a tv dinner and the fried chicken was overdone. Our server was nice but extremely slow.
    DH hated the razzing he got from our waitress(I thought it was funny!) and he refuses to eat there again.

Also Electric Umbrella, I felt sick the rest of the day after eating a burger here.
    DH and DD liked it, but I will steer clear just in case!

I agree on CRT, the atmoshpere can't be beat but they try WAY to hard to make the food seem high class. I would rather order off of the kid menu!
    Liz
    March 2006-POP!
    September 2007-POP!

Post Thanks / Like

Concourse Steakhouse comes to mind. The Prime Rib was so saturated in Rosemary I couldn't eat it.
    San Angel another, love the atmosphere but my food was so hard and stiff after what looked like it sat under a heat lamp forever....
    I wasn't impressed with the Biergarten; but it's my personal choice of diet.
    and the one that I didn't just love ( I know this will get me banned ) Boma's ... the desserts were great but I'm not a fan of sweets or raisins in my food. My kids loved it but I thought much of it tasted the same and the soup I liked had way too much cornstarch in it... it was more like jello than soup.
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say the San Angel Inn: Bad service and so-so food
    And the TS in Morocco: Also bad service and not so great food
    All of our dream can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

Remember, we must always believe in our wishes, for they are the magic in the world.

Current CM at MK! If you're in Adventureland and craving Dole, Ice Cream, or an eggroll, look for Sarah from Front Royal, VA and say Hi!

Post Thanks / Like

I have learned to never say never, but I’ll give you a few that I will try to stay away from:

Sci-Fi – I will only go there again if I’m with someone that really wants to go for the atmosphere. I’ve been there two or three times and that is enough if I can help it.

Biergarten – I’m not a big fan of German food, or buffets. I’ve been there, done that and I will try not to go back

Planet Hollywood – I’ve been there so many times that I’m sick of it, and the food isn’t even that good

I think someone mentioned the Noodle Station at MK. The food was expensive and bad. I only ate there because I was waiting for Wishes and it was close and I was starving. I will try to avoid it in the future.
    ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post

Hands down the worst meal any of us ever had at WDW-----ABC Commissary
    Oh god, I forgot about ABC Commisary, I must have blocked it. DW and I ate there this summer. It was absolutely awful. I don't understand how counter service can be very good in one location and so bad in another. Being really busy certainly isn't an excuse. My favorite counter service location is Everything Pop and that place is always jammed.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

ABC Commisary. First trip to WDW, ate the fish & chips there, and a few hours later, It passed within 24 hours, and due to the timing, I can pretty much ensure that it was a mild case of food poisoning. Sure, it was just one of those things that happen, and it could happen at almost any restaurant, but I'm not chancing it again.

Rain Forest Cafe - haven't eaten there at WDW, but that's because I could eat there any time we visit the in-laws. It's a chain, so I'd rather go for someplace either uniquely Disney, or at least a chain that I can't visit as easily.

Natomas, California = 2908 miles from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Fro me - it's definitly Cinderella's Royal Table - What a cattle call. The only thing that was good was the crab soup. Terribly expensive for what you get.
    Polynesian & DCL - 1st trip Jan 3rd '08 ºOº
    Many Trips to Disneyland Resort ºOº

Even if you're on the right track - you'll get run over if you just sit there!!
    - Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say Coral Reef. The food was alright but the service was terrible once we told them we were on the Dining Plan which was at the very beginning of the meal, we saw our waitress maybe 3 times after that. I would have been very angry if we had to pay out of pocket for that place.
    Disney World
    May 1995 - Off Site
    January 1998 - Off Site
    January 2001 - Off Site
    July 2001 - Off Site
    August - September 2005 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    September 2006 - Pop Century
    December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    New Year's 2010 - POP
    May 2010 - Caribbean Beach

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: