Quantcast Abee Normal's Cruise Report - Day 1

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Natomas, California = 2908 miles from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Abee Normal's Cruise Report - Day 1

Aloha to all my favorite people -

You can take the Girl to the Poly but you can't take the Poly out of the Girl -

Cast:
    Me - Abee (AKA Chris
    DH - Jeff
    DS - Jack 7
    DS - Jones 6
    My Mom - Lee
    MIL & FIL

This cruise was pure MAGIC !!! Sorry for the pun but it's true even though we were on the Wonder - It all starts when you first see that ship on the way to the Port we all looked at each other on the bus and were just so awestruck that we were going on "that" ship.

If you think the CM's are friendly at WDW you have no idea of how much more friendly they are on the ship , I know it seems unimaginable but it's true.

Before you get on the ship they give you your stateroom key and then you go up to the ramp to get on the ship and a wonderful CM put's your key thru a machine to make sure all is well, well, my key was out of sorts apparently and they whisked me off to this little room where there were two more wonderful CM's that "fixed my Key" and sent me on my magical way.

Everyone makes you feel so special and as if you were their only passanger. Once you get on the actuall ship they announce you and everyone is clapping as you go into the Grand Lobby of this beautiful Ship.

I can't tell you how rediculously giddy we all felt. We then went to find our stateroom on Deck 6 - We went into our room with our amazing Veranda and we again were in Awe (You'll see this a lot)the Veranda by far made this trip complelety over the top for us. I always remember hearing people say "We were never in our room" I could have been quaranteened there the entire time and would have been thrilled. I can't tell you how many times we went back to our room just to sit on the veranda. We then met our Stateroom Cleaning Angel Ana, she knocked on our door and welcomed us to the ship - she came in and showed us around and asked if there was anything she could do for us. I mentioned cold water as I was feeling a bit thirsty from our bus ride. She brought us ice buckets every morning and every evening at turndown service, so that we always had Icewater in our room. I brought my boys Pillow cases and blankets from home so they would feel comfortable at night and she would make there beds with there blankets and pillow cases every night. The towel animals we had were over the top. She seemed to know our schedule and talked to us every morning and when we left and every evening when we came in, out in the hall, she was outstanding.

The first night we ate in Parrot Cay and were able to meet our servers who stayed with us each night even thought we went from restaurant to restaraunt. Our server was Coleen and she was amazing and her assistant Michailah he was also amazing - he suffered with his english a bit but was still so attentive always checking with our two boys to make sure they were happy, getting them things when they weren't on the menu, bringing them ice cream mickey's helping them out of there seats when they had to go to the bathroom, pouuring there ketchup, cutting their steaks keeping their cups full, and on and on. We were again in Awe of them. They would literely ask the boys what they wanted to eat and would bring what ever they said, ( we won't turn that into a trend at home but boy were they two happy boys. )

We took the boys to the Oceaneers Club after dinner just to get them acquainted because we are having dinner at palo's the next night which is an adult only dining experience. There were so many counselers in the Club and we were in Awe as to how friendly and upbeat, fun, happy, lauhging, playing and all around enthusiastic these folks were.

While the kids were in the club we adventured around the ship to see what there was to see. It was me, my DH, my mom Lee, & my MIL & FIL. We were like kids running around this ship. we found a running trail on deck four and ran around the deck once just for fun and the ocean even at night was a real site to see. On deck 4 in the front of the ship we could see the machinery that pulls in & out all of the ropes to hold us at the dock it was very cool, (we weren't in awe though). We eventually found ourselves in one of my favorite places called Diversions and boy was it. Some would say it was a bar but to me it had more of a setting like a living room. big cushy chairs & loveseats with chaneel (Sp?) material that was so soft and these hee-yooge (huge) port holes to look out of - We sat there for some time and chatted and looked out of those beautiful windows as the oceaned rushed by getting us to our next destination Nassau - Fake hand bag capitol of the world all about that tomorrow.

So it's getting a bit late now so we go get the kids which took a crow bar and six councelers to get them out of there - they had a blast.

We then said good night and off to our state room where I ordered room service coffee for me & DH (I know we're strange that way - we start and end everyday that way) & cookies & milk for the boys - WE'RE ON VACATION!!!

So the boys fell asleep watching old Mickey Cartoons as my DH & I ended our evening out on the veranda with coffee in hand & stars like I've never seen.

P.S. Funniest thing - they have a big going away party on deck 9 as you sail out of port, but none of us went we couldn't get ourseves off of the veranda's even my kids just wanted to sit there and take it all in.

Day two tomorrow
    Polynesian & DCL - 1st trip Jan 3rd '08 șOș
    Many Trips to Disneyland Resort șOș

Even if you're on the right track - you'll get run over if you just sit there!!
    - Will Rogers

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Great trip report! I can't wait to read to next couple of days. My DW and I are going on a 4 night cruise in august!

Willie Wonka-

"A little nonsense now and then, is cherished by the wisest men"

Post Thanks / Like

Great trip report!!
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to hear more. Makes me want to get DW and go right now!

Post Thanks / Like

I completly agree about the Verandah, we just loved ours. The problem for us is we will never take another cruise without one. Glad your trip is off to such a good start.
    Up Next
    15 Disney Hilton Head Jul 5 - Jul 7
    15 Disney Dream Jul 1 - Jul 5
    15 Beach Club Jun 27- Jul 1
    14 Dolphin Resort Jun 12-16
    13 Fort Wilderness Christmas Dec 20- Dec 26

Post Thanks / Like

This sounds so great. This is a goal of ours when I finish nursing school!! Thanks for the great report. Can't wait to read more!
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy! I've been waiting for your report. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your first day.

I really enjoyed our verandah the first time around... I do hope we can survive without one on this trip! (I think somehow I'll manage though.)
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Great report! It is amazing isn't it?! You will be hooked for sure! I'm going back for number 3!

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinmickey9170 View Post
    This sounds so great. This is a goal of ours when I finish nursing school!! Thanks for the great report. Can't wait to read more!
    I topped off my nursing school graduation with a 7 day cruise! It really is the best gift! Nursing school is soooo very hard (I think its the hardest degree out there for undergrad!), and to reward yourself with a trip that is COMPLETELY carefree.... just amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    Oh boy! I've been waiting for your report. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your first day.

I really enjoyed our verandah the first time around... I do hope we can survive without one on this trip! (I think somehow I'll manage though.)
    Ellen, you will survive. Go to Deck 7 aft... that should help you cope!

I think we should start a close knit crew here! And, like I said, do a DCL Intercot meet!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

pogo Guest

The first day of the cruise is so much fun with all the little exploring going on.

I'm sorry you missed the cast off party though. It was one of our favorite memories.

Can't wait to read about your dinner at Palo.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow - what a wonderful arrival day after your land vacation. It sounds so special!!!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I love your reports!

Come on March 20th!!!!

Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

How awesome this is why I love cruising!!
    Cassi
    1987 on site and Disney cruise
    1995 off site
    January 2006 Pop
    Feb. 2008 Bonnet Creek
    Sept.28- Oct.4 2008 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    January 2009 Bonnet Creek
    Sept 28 - Oct. 4 2009 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    Jan. 9-Jan. 14 2011 POFQ
    Coming Soon! Feb. 12-19 2012 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great start!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Thanks so much for the report...........

It might sound funny but I am so looking forward to go to Diversions..... It looks like someplace I just might like to hang out at......

BRET/TTFN
    DVC Member 7/04 Wilderness Lodge Villas 6-08 Saratoga Springs
    Next Trip 6-16
    Disney Cruise 6-16
    Disney World tons of times

Natomas, California = 2908 miles from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Sgt. Tigg, when are you going?
    Polynesian & DCL - 1st trip Jan 3rd '08 șOș
    Many Trips to Disneyland Resort șOș

Even if you're on the right track - you'll get run over if you just sit there!!
    - Will Rogers

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: