Quantcast How long do you typically stay? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: How long do you typically stay?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • less than 4 days

3 1.91%
  • 4 days

3 1.91%
  • 5 days

14 8.92%
  • 6 days

15 9.55%
  • 7 days

37 23.57%
  • 8 days

32 20.38%
  • 9 days

12 7.64%
  • more than 9 days

41 26.11%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I would have to say that about 3 weeks would be good enough for me. On our next trip we will stay 16 nights and I know I will feel that it's too short.

We fly over from Sweden so we don't go that often - maybe one trip every two or three years.
    Sept-Oct 2015 Family trip AKV
    Oct 2014 F&W Festival AKV
    Oct-Nov 2013 AKV and Disney Fantasy 7 night Western Caribbean
    March-April 2012 AKV and Disney Dream 5 night cruise (40 th Birthday!)
    Sept 2010 AKV, OKW and Vero Beach! (Honeymoon!)
    1989-2008 Multiple trips on and off prop

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

In 2000, we stayed for 8 days. We've upped that to 15 days the past several years, and still shed tears when it's time to leave. There's so many things we haven't done, I think I could easily spend 30 days at a time there!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I must say that I am jealous of anyone that gets to go for 10+ days!!! We are going (hopefully) for two weeks or so this summer and then again for a long weekend in September (Just DH and I!).

We usually go for long weekends. Life has happened so we haven't been as often as we would like. We have done about two long weekends, maybe four days at most at the parks. This last trip we became passholders so we can plan to go more!
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

My DH refuses to stay any less than 9 days! He just feels like a week isn't enough and the extra 2 days actually makes it feel like more of a vacation. I just nod and make the reservations............
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

We have never stayed longer than 7 days but sure would love to someday.
    1977 - Royal Plaza (Honeymoon)
    1978 - Offsite (can't remember where)
    1987 - Hilton
    1989 - Polynesian
    1991 - Dolphin
    1993 - Dolphin
    1995 - Wilderness Lodge
    1997 - Contemporary
    2000 - Polynesian
    2002 - Contemporary
    2007 - Polynesian
    2013 - Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

We mostly stay for 7 days since it is just my wife and I most of the time we can get through the parks pretty easily. We have stayed for 10 days once and 2 weeks once. I tell ya though it seems the longer you stay the harder it is to make the car go to the airport.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

We typically stay 7 full days, which usually means 8 nights. It allows us to take our time while at the parks and revisit the shows and rides that we like the most.
    2008 - Poly
    2005 - Beach Club (Nov)
    2005 - Wilderness Lodge (Feb)
    2003 - Wilderness Lodge (Awesome) Nov
    2003 - The Dolphin (never again)- late May
    2002 - Offsite - Holiday Villas
    2000 - Dixie Landings
    1998 - Port Orleans
    1996 - Dixie Landings
    1994 - Port Orleans
    1992 - Car. Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    I guess I count as further away! We normally go for 3 weeks or more each trip but we would not spend every day in the parks. We get great value for money on our Annual Passes, especially if we manage two trips in a 12 month period.
    That is a GREAT point Mikki!! We always time our trips to get at least two trips out of our APs. We got a bit carried away last time and managed to squeeze 4 trips into the 365 days.

Our usual trip is about 10 - 11 days if we drive and 8 - 9 if we fly. In June we will be flying down on a Monday afternoon and return the following Tuesday night, so we will have 7 full days and 2 partials.
    Depending on where our daughter ends up going to college next fall we are going to sneak in another trip either just before Christmas or over New Years.
    No better way to ring in the New Year than with the Mouse!!
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I voted an average of 8...

On our last trip we had 9 park days and the one before that we had 6. We really enjoyed not having to rush through the parks to be able to see everything we wanted to (yet, somehow, we didn't even come close to seeing everything we wanted to---guess that's part of the magic~we HAVE to go back ). We padded it with travel days and fit some pool time in too. It was great. Our next trip will be 6 or 7 full days plus travel. Our DS-7 last night asked if we could go for a month LOL...I don't think you could ever tire of the countless things to do at the World.
    BCV- April '09 Beach Club Villas w/friends (9 kids- 18 of us total)
    ASSp- Aug '08- free dining
    AKV Savanna and SSR - Sept-Oct '07
    DVC Members-Saratoga Springs as of Aug '06
    YC- Oct '04 (first trip for our 5 kids)
    Former FL resident w/numerous day visits in '80's & '90's.

Post Thanks / Like

Oct. was our first family trip and we went for 4 nights/5 days (if you count the 2 half days on arrival and departure), which gave us 3 days for the parks. We each made a list of our top 3 attractions in each park and left out MGM Studios (with a promise to go there first the next time ). With lots of research and planning on my part we managed to see everything on everyone's "must" list and still have time for a pool break each day .

This year we're leaving on Sunday and coming back Friday (last time was Mon.-Fri.), so 5 nights/6 days, again counting the 1/2 day arrival and departure. We come home on Friday because we all need that extra time to decompress before resuming normal lives .

As they get older and we have to move our visits to summer/school holiday times to minimize loss of school days, I'm hoping we'll be able to work in longer stays. I'd love to stay for 10 days sometime--what a dream!

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of my trips, whether by myself, with family, or with friends, are typically 14-16 days long.

The longest trip was a few years ago when my Mother and I spent 21 days at the Caribbean Beach Resort. We spent many days relaxing and didn't go to a theme park every day. I remember one day we planned dinner at the 50s Prime Time and decided we really didn't want to spend the whole day at the Studios. We headed over in time to see the afternoon parade, followed by dinner, and headed back to the CBR to enjoy EPCOT's fireworks later that evening.

We have purchased annual passes for almost 20 years, and even if we only take one WDW trip, we definitely get our money's worth.

Sylvia ºOº

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

We stay over in Florida for two weeks every year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BeccaO View Post
    This trip we did 9 full days in the parks, and it was just enough so that we did not feel rushed. It also was not too much that we felt over-whelmed!!! I think the next time we go, we will plan a day at home before going back to the normal routine. We got back Sunday evening and had to return to work on Monday morn.
    We definitley plan a day at home before going back to our normal routine. We usually arrive home on a Saturday. We spend Sunday unpacking, washing, settling in, getting things ready for school the next day and taking a big breath!
    We like to stay a minimum of 8 nights..9 if we are lucky, and we like to split resorts..like 2 different vacations in one!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

We usually stay 9 days because it's all I can fit in with one weeks vacation!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

That was a good poll question. We stay between seven and nine days. If Sea World or Universal is included, then we stay extra.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

We generally go for about 8-9 days depending on our schedule. We tried to go for 10 this year but couldn't fit it in. On our shorter trips we have gone for 5/6 nights and that was way WAY too short. We felt like we missed a lot. I think 9 days is about right for us - but everyone's different. We take a pretty slow pace.
    PinKy
    Upcoming trips: July 2021 Big Family trip to Disney!
    Most Recent Trip: October 2020 MNSSHP Family Weekend away!
    DVC Members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Our vacations to FL are 11 days with 4-5 at Disney. DH is dragged kicking and screaming like a 2 yo girl. Keeping him watered and fed for more than 4 days is too much work for me. That is why, DD & I are going for 8 days this Feb & 3 with DH, DD & I in April. DD & I get 2 trips, DH gets 1 & everyone stays happy.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed 14 days in 2005 with the whole family. It was good, but a little long. In 2007 I went with a coworker for 5 days. That was relaxing with no kids or husband, yet seemed too short. This time we are going for 10 nights/11 days in December. I think 10 days is the best, because it allows time at home to regroup before returning to work afterwards. Also, for us, we don't do parks the days of arrival or departure. So, that allows 8 days for whatever we plan.
    Have a great time however long you choose.
    Life is always better when you mix in a little MOUSE
    1981 1986 1990 2000 2003 off site
    1994 1998 All Star Music,
    2002 All Star Movies,
    2004 2005x2 2012 2013 2019 POR
    2007 2012 2014 2016 2019 Pop
    2008 ASMu Suites
    2014 2017 CBR
    2015 AoA Cars
    2017 AKLx2
    2018 Grand Canyon

Share This Thread On Social Media: