Quantcast Last minute trip

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Last minute trip

So Wednesday night at about 8pm, me and 3 girls i work with decided to hit Disneyland the next day since none of us had to work.
    We got a late start, the park opened at 10am but we didn't get there until maybe noon. I was shocked at the amount of people there. I haven't seen the park this empty in years! Most rides were walk ons with the exception of Splash, Thunder and Indy. They had maybe 10 min. waits. Even Matterhorn was a near walk on. Space was closed all day so we were bummed about that. I enjoyed the emptiness of Disneyland so much, it really made for a wonderful stress free day.We noticed that some rides were down (like HM and Space) and construction was going on in several places. But i really couldn't complain. We hit Coke Corner for kids hot dog meals (what a deal, way better then the adult dog) and strolled on over to CA for the last hour and a half it was open (it closed at 6, DL closed at 8)
    We did ToT and Screamin and then called it a night because we were tired of walking and it was freezing cold out, it was cold most of the day actually.
    We had planned on eating at Rainforest so we headed there with a quick stop at Disney Vault. Had a mediocre meal there and sat on the heated patio. I wish we could have been inside with the thunder storms and stuff, i love that! But we were so hungry that we didn't care. After dinner we decided to head back so we went to World of Disney and then headed to the trams.
    All in all it was a great day with a few minor flaws but it was a fun time with good friends and i was glad to be back.
    I was having some serious withdrawls not having been to the parks since August and this was a nice little fix, though i would have liked to be there from early morning to late at night if the hours would have been that way. I can literally go go go all day. lol
    Ariel
    Disneyland Annual Pass Holder

VMK Name: IzzyInWonderland

1996-Disneyland Hotel
    1998-Disneyland Hotel
    2002-WDW All-Star Music Resort

COUNTLESS TRIPS TO DLR BUT ONLY 1 TRIP TO WDW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by *tinker_belle* View Post
    .... We hit Coke Corner for kids hot dog meals (what a deal, way better then the adult dog) ....
    I am not much of a hot dog eater, but when I have the occasional craving, this is the meal that I like to get. Good Deal!

You picked a good week to go as far as crowds are concerned. Glad you had fun. Was the Nemo line very long?
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I was there the week earlier than you and Wednesday and Thursday the parks were completely empty. This is probably my new second favorite time to go now. It wasn't very cold to me, only cause i'm from Utah- the land of the snow though.
    Upcoming trips:

- May 2010 Disneyland trip with boyfriend, staying in the Disneyland Hotel

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I can not tell you how jealous I am that you can plan a last minute day to Disneyland like that!! It sounds like you and your friends had a great day! Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

We did have so much fun! We didn't ride Nemo but the line only looked to be about 20-30 minute wait.
    Ariel
    Disneyland Annual Pass Holder

VMK Name: IzzyInWonderland

1996-Disneyland Hotel
    1998-Disneyland Hotel
    2002-WDW All-Star Music Resort

COUNTLESS TRIPS TO DLR BUT ONLY 1 TRIP TO WDW

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: