Quantcast June crowds and heat

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default June crowds and heat

We are planning on going to Disney the last 10 days of June, for Star Wars Weekends. We have been in August, and are curious if the humidity, temperature, daily rain, etc. is the same. Also, can someone who has been during that time tell me how bad the crowds were. We have typically only gone during slower times, but have been wanting to go back for Star Wars Weekends since we went 5 years ago in May, and loved it. Thank you

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Have been during June our last 2 trips. As for crowds, we never really thought they were that bad. Without fast passes, it would have been. But we utilized those, and did everything we wanted. As for temps, very hot and humid. The reason our future trips will not be summer ones. It averaged mid 90's daily, heat indexes in the low 100s I believe, 99% humidity (the worst part). There was the usual daily afternoon thunderstorms. I will say this last trip we learned to hit the parks early, come back to our room during mid day, and go back at night. That made it more bearable. We too loved the Star Wars weekends. Have fun whenever you go. Personally, the heat's not worth it for us, but it can be made bearable if need be.
    [I]Hello. We are the Bradshaws. And We are Disneyholics.

September 2000- Music
    June 2004- Pop
    June 2006- Movies
    February 2008- Offsite (Won't Do That Again!)
    May 2009- First Ever Disney Camping Trip!
    June 2011- Pop
    Feb 2012- Sports
    Dec 2012- Movies
    May 2014- Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the above poster...I have been the last couple of June's and while it is hot,it can be managable.

We try to get up and hit the park with early morning hours...hit the big rides and head back to the hotel around lunch or at least before 2..hit the pool, relax, sit in the A/C for a bit, then go back to the parks for the evening. It has worked really well for us too.

Since you have been in August, you really should be prepared for the heat/humidity factor so I won't harp on that.

Utilize fast pass and all should be good.

Have fun!

DJ
    1978-offsite
    December 2003-POR
    June 2005-POFQ
    February 2006-Off site
    June 2006-POFQ
    March 2007-POFQ
    June 6-13, 2008- POFQ

Next: Christmas-New Year's Disneyland or World...not sure yet, but I will be at one!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

one more thing....be sure to get to The Studios prior to opening...I try to get there about 30-45 minutes prior on the Star Wars Weekends...then we head straight for the Star Wars stuff....that area will be PACKED by 10!

I do the Star Wars stuff one day and schedule an additional day for the actual Studios stuff.

DJ
    1978-offsite
    December 2003-POR
    June 2005-POFQ
    February 2006-Off site
    June 2006-POFQ
    March 2007-POFQ
    June 6-13, 2008- POFQ

Next: Christmas-New Year's Disneyland or World...not sure yet, but I will be at one!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hot Hot Hot

We'll be there the same time as you will be there. We're not coming to see Star Wars. We're going to see my daughter dance in Fantasyland!!!

I've been to the world in the summer. HOT HOT HOT. Water parks are fun during these days. I agree with the above posters. Hit the parks, go back to resort during the heatwave, then go back at night!
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. We can't wait.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been in late July and mid June. Yeah it's hot in June - but not as hot as July. It rained a few times on us in June - but not Everyday at 3:00 like later in the summer. And as summer goes along, the crowds generally get larger, due to overseas guests vacationing and escaping winter.
    So, if you have survived August, you will find June to be better. And all the more better when there are Star Wars Weekends to attend.

Post Thanks / Like

Most of our trips have been during the summer. There were always crowds, and it was always hot. Yet every trip was a wonderful experience. Crowds and heat are survivable. Relax, be prepared to change plans.

One of the reasons we always stay on site is that there is always that day when the heat, or the crowd, or rain, interferes....the hotel is minutes away, by way of reliable transportation....and the parks are minutes away from the hotel when everyone is ready to go back.

Fast Passes and Park Hoppers are great remedies to most crowd problems, and lots of water, drinks, and Dole Whips or frozed lemonades counter the heat. In EPCOT, an occasional Pistachio gelato, or a tangerine slushee is mandatory. Don't know if they really help, but I refuse to take that chance.
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

It is VERY hot, but you can manage it! We went last June and I found myself always wanting to go back to the resort mid-day to either swim or just rest up and get another shot of energy for the afternoon!
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: