Quantcast Does Disney provide Nutrional Info?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Does Disney provide Nutrional Info?

Looking for nutritional information for the food Disney serves in its restaurants (TS and Counter) - calories, protein, fat, etc. Do they provide anything online or at least at the restaurant? Thanks!
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

No, unfortunately, they don't. With my DS7 being diabetic that was pretty important to us as well, but we just had to guess. Now, some of the snacks that come with wrappers, like the Mickey Ice Cream bars, do have the info on the packaging.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Now, some of the snacks that come with wrappers, like the Mickey Ice Cream bars, do have the info on the packaging.
    That item in particular is frightening.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I'm kind of surprised that they don't. I figured with their latest nutritional kick with some of their food that they would start disclosing that information.
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

It's sort of a liability issue. With all the different chefs cooking things various ways it becomes almost impossible to get the exact nutritional info. I suppose they could come closer to doing it for CS places, but it's still a liability. If they told you something wrong in our lawsuit happy culture they are just setting themselves up. So, they don't share anything. If you're asking for just wanting to know purposes then you're pretty much out of luck. If you are asking for health reasons (diabetes, allergies, etc) while they can't give you the exact info the chefs are very helpful in working with you to make sure you get what you need.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofster View Post
    Looking for nutritional information for the food Disney serves in its restaurants (TS and Counter) - calories, protein, fat, etc.
    Oh goodness, I hope not!
    Given that nobody in my family has any particular medical concerns or allergies, I DO NOT want to know the numbers, thanks. I read somewhere here on Intercot that the average DDP diner gains 6.7 lbs in 7 days. I have always aimed to make wiser choices with the occasional splurge, and have not yet gained any weight on the plan, but I for sure do not want to know what those "splurges" are costing me. I have not been able to eat a Tollhouse cookie ice cream bar since reading the package.
    Please, NOBODY EVER tell me the calorie content in a Dole Whip float. I don't wanna know!!
    As an aside, I guess we'll be saving some calories on the 2008 version of the DDP - although I always made sure that the appetizer was one of my "wiser" choices, and the dessert, obviously the "splurge".
    Before Kids:
    Off-Site - September/91 & September/92

With Kids:
    Off-site - November/03 & September/05
    FREE DINING:
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/06 (w/ my parents)
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/07
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/08 (w/Bro's family)
    POP Century - Sept/09 (NO KIDS!!!!!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jszczur5 View Post
    Please, NOBODY EVER tell me the calorie content in a Dole Whip float. I don't wanna know!!
    I am pretty sure there are no calories... it is only fruit... fluffed up. I think the fluffing takes all calories out.
    That is what I keep telling myself.

Well, since I am on weight watchers I have started to eat a little better when at Disney.
    I stick to fish, steaks and veggies. I have pretty much stopped eating potatoes and burgers... you know, food that they can hide all that bad stuff in.
    I do wish they would give the info (even with a disclaimer) so that we could get a general idea.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: