Quantcast Disney Dream Jobs- Chief Magic Official (CMO) - (merged) - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I spent most of yesterday trying to upload my video (6 times from 4 different computers). the most I ever got was up to 60% and then the process would stall. at one point it told me it would take 9 hours to upload. I even drove to work to use the T-3 line there, and got an upload rate of 2kbs. I even left my computer uploading when I went to bed, (ok that was try #7) they cut me off at 15% after 3 hours of uploading.

Way to let me down Disney. When high school kids can start video sites with better upload rates it is very pathetic. Especially when the two companies involved have deep enough coffers to avoid garbage like that.

Right now I am in a pretty sour mood towards them. I feel like I was duped. I put a lot of time into my video to be cut off constantly and not even accepted.
    Offero

81, 82, 84, 85, 87, 90 - Disneyland (Off Site)
    83 - Offsite
    95 - Offsite
    00 - Kissimmee
    03 - Pop Music
    06 - Port Orleans/ Cruise

"The crowd which follows me with admiration, would run with the same eagerness were I marching to the Guillotine."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I too experienced alot of problems trying to upload my video and it was only 15 MG! I didn't find out about the contest until the last minute and then it took a few days to get the video going (I even bought a new camera!). We finally finished Saturday evening I tried to upload and the first time after waiting an hour it just died. So I filled out the form again and the submitted the video again and sat for 1.75 hours while it uploaded at an upload speed of 2K. Finally at 2 am, it finished, I think. I wish they would have sent an email confirmation as I felt very unsure that the video did not go. I too have not seen my video on the website so I still feel alittle worried that it did not go.

I'm dissappointed that there isn't an email address to ask if the video was submitted. All I found was a feedback email for careerbuilder. I submitted an email but still haven't heard back.

Good luck to everyone who was able to submit their videos. I hope someone from Intercot makes it to the finals

-- tory
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Grandmom's house in St. Augustine - 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    July '12 POFQ

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Feb '13 Cars family suite!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offero View Post

I spent most of yesterday trying to upload my video (6 times from 4 different computers). the most I ever got was up to 60% and then the process would stall. at one point it told me it would take 9 hours to upload. I even drove to work to use the T-3 line there, and got an upload rate of 2kbs. I even left my computer uploading when I went to bed, (ok that was try #7) they cut me off at 15% after 3 hours of uploading.

Way to let me down Disney. When high school kids can start video sites with better upload rates it is very pathetic. Especially when the two companies involved have deep enough coffers to avoid garbage like that.

Right now I am in a pretty sour mood towards them. I feel like I was duped. I put a lot of time into my video to be cut off constantly and not even accepted.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToraTory View Post
    I too experienced alot of problems trying to upload my video and it was only 15 MG! I didn't find out about the contest until the last minute and then it took a few days to get the video going (I even bought a new camera!). We finally finished Saturday evening I tried to upload and the first time after waiting an hour it just died. So I filled out the form again and the submitted the video again and sat for 1.75 hours while it uploaded at an upload speed of 2K. Finally at 2 am, it finished, I think. I wish they would have sent an email confirmation as I felt very unsure that the video did not go. I too have not seen my video on the website so I still feel alittle worried that it did not go.

I'm dissappointed that there isn't an email address to ask if the video was submitted. All I found was a feedback email for careerbuilder. I submitted an email but still haven't heard back.

Good luck to everyone who was able to submit their videos. I hope someone from Intercot makes it to the finals

-- tory
    I read the following on another website as quoted by Haunted Mansion fan, "I called the customer service area at careerbuilder this morning and the woman I spoke with told me that their tech problem acknowledged they had quite a few glitches with the site during the course of entries... especially with this past weekend. So I'm not sure about a video that was uploaded but hasn't shown... but mine never uploaded.... the final upload time was 10 hours 36 minutes and at midnight last night it just disconnected and refreshed that the submission period was over. She told me they are trying to figure out some type of resolution for the problems they had."
    and then it was reported, "Surpisingly I heard back from careerbuilder and this is what they had to say:

Below is the update that I received

“I spoke with the person in charge of handling Disney's CMO applications, and was informed that there was a technical issue with the vendor collecting the videos, that led to yesterday's inability to apply.

I was told that, since you do provide contact information on the 1st page of the application, they have that data, and will be contacting those via email today, providing instructions on how to re-submit the video.

Please keep an eye out on your inbox, and check the junk folders too just in case the email gets filtered by your client. It has not been sent yet but they will be doing so this afternoon.

For those that do receive the email, you will have until Midnight EST tonight to re-send your video.

We apologize for this inconvenience and wish you all good luck on the contest”

It looks like yesterday nobody was able to upload. There is hope yet!!!! It seems fair that they would only contact those that submitted info yesterday....
    "
    It's a long shot but, maybe you should check for an e-mail from careerbuilders today (in your spam filters too).

PM - me if you need the web-board addressing this development.
    Journey into your...Lego® Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

Default CMO Video Upload Problems

Oh I have been SOOOO worried that I didn't make it because of the problems I had uploading my video! I've been checking the site to see if it ever showed up and it has not so far. I feel a little better now that I know that it was not just me! I just wanted the chance to enter, and I've been thinking all day that now it wasn't possible. I too had the problems mentioned of SLOW and NO upload! So thanks for passing along the info!
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.dreamcmo.com/apply-continue-next.php

Here is the link to upload your video, hope it works for you!

P.S. You must upload your video before tonight (Monday, January 28) at 11:59:59PM Eastern time.

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I re-submitted my video, but I still am not sure if they got it. Did anyone get an email confirmation? Are we supposed to? I really don't want to go through the night again thinking that it didn't make it through!

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine was trying to upload his video all day sunday and couldn't get his up either. I'm just hearing about this link to upload too so i will let him know but it's already Tuesday and the link works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveLegos View Post
    http://www.dreamcmo.com/apply-continue-next.php

Here is the link to upload your video, hope it works for you!

P.S. You must upload your video before tonight (Monday, January 28) at 11:59:59PM Eastern time.
    God Bless, Jacquelyn M. Sheely
    (AKA: Jac, or Jazz)

VFK: DisneyJazzGirl
    POTC Online: Horizon SeaCastle
    VMK: GiltterDisneyGirl

WDW: Christmas & New Years 1986-1998/2002-2007
    Summer 03, 05, & 08/March 07 % Jan 09
    "NEXT TRIP" WDW 2010?

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I eventually got my video to load, even after the 2 hours it took to do it on my school's network.

I wasn't sure mine loaded either, but I checked the website again this morning and they have many videos under the "WATCH VIDEOS" link.

Mine was up there! It's the one with a girl in a mickey shirt in front of a VERY purple background.

I made the video by hanging up a blue sheet on a wall in my dorm room and "blue screening" it. I would have made a more creative script, but had too much going on with the semester starting.
    What were the concepts of your videos?
    4 trips to DL,
    6 trips on DCL,
    57 trips to WDW in the past 21 years and counting...

Coming Soon:
    EPCOT for Food&Wine Festival Fall '08
    DCL Special Itinerary Tortola May '09
    Moving to FL (hopefully) Summer '09

Post Thanks / Like

Yay, I'm finally there! Check me out!

-- tory
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Grandmom's house in St. Augustine - 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    July '12 POFQ

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Feb '13 Cars family suite!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ToraTory View Post
    Yay, I'm finally there! Check me out!

-- tory
    II watched yours the other day! Very cute. I still don't see mine up there and I know it went through this time. In fact I don't think I've seen any new videos at all today.
    Last edited by trudisneygal; 01-29-2008 at 03:26 PM. Reason: added more comments

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EmiB View Post
    I eventually got my video to load, even after the 2 hours it took to do it on my school's network.

I wasn't sure mine loaded either, but I checked the website again this morning and they have many videos under the "WATCH VIDEOS" link.

Mine was up there! It's the one with a girl in a mickey shirt in front of a VERY purple background.

I made the video by hanging up a blue sheet on a wall in my dorm room and "blue screening" it. I would have made a more creative script, but had too much going on with the semester starting.
    What were the concepts of your videos?
    I wasn't sure if we were allowed to post links or not, but here's mine.

ToraTony, yours was so cute! I liked that your family was in it.
    4 trips to DL,
    6 trips on DCL,
    57 trips to WDW in the past 21 years and counting...

Coming Soon:
    EPCOT for Food&Wine Festival Fall '08
    DCL Special Itinerary Tortola May '09
    Moving to FL (hopefully) Summer '09

Post Thanks / Like

Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveLegos View Post
    That was cute! I liked your Mickey spaghetti! Good luck to everyone! I sure hope one of us makes it.
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    That was cute! I liked your Mickey spaghetti! Good luck to everyone! I sure hope one of us makes it.
    Thanks, I got the idea actually while fixing lunch, after shooting it, I ate it!

P.S. - I love the smoking cooking pot after the dash of Hakuna Matata, No Worries! Well done!!!

P.P.S. - Sure hope an Intercoter gets the job, that way we can all share the experience together!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Haaalp!! Oh Haaalp!!

It is Tuesday and it seems like they've stopped loading new videos to the watch videos section but mine isn't on there! I uploaded mine on Jan. 27th at about noon and it uploaded quickly and I even got the Uploaded Successfully window saying Thanks for applying and all that jazz. I just don't know what to do, Im using that link that ILoveLegos posted for those who experienced glitches and it's loading just fine. Im just so worried this has been such a blast to make a video and watch everyones I just dont want to be left out..... *sigh*

Post Thanks / Like

Very cute video EmiB! I think it looks great! I didn't have a lot of time to shoot one either, but I tried to come up with something on my own. Well I still don't see mine up there, but if anyone would like to take a look here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQqh28jbkVQ
    I put it on youtube and sent it in that way too just be make sure it made it, but who knows? Anyway I too hope that one of us intercotees makes it!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm in the boat of those whose videos haven't shown up yet.
    I didn't get any email saying there was a problem with the video.
    Both times I sent it, I got the confirmation screen.

I'm getting kind of sad that maybe there was some type of problem with reading my video format or something. I even reformatted it for the second time. (first time sent as an AVI and second time as an MPG) in case there was something wrong with the way it was formatted.

I hope I'm wrong and it shows up.
    I also noticed no new videos went up for the last 2 days....
    May 2007 All Star Music
    Oct 2003 All Star Music
    May 2000 Old Key West
    June 1996 Dixie Landings
    May 1987 Offsite
    May 1982 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Default I agree

I tried mine 2 times- it seemed to load, but i never got any confirmation email-
    and i have not seen it yet- I did it on the 27th at 2pm and i tried again later at 9pm just to make sure because i didnt see it. i wonder if they deleted tem as dupes?

I want this so badly!!!!!!
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

I'm certain they aren't uploading all the videos, I know they have gotten a lot of them. Don't worry! You guys that showed up, those are great! Fun to watch!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: