Quantcast Block Party Bash

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Block Party Bash

I've seen a little about Disney's new Block Party Bash, but still can't find a lot about it yet. Does anyone know anything about this, what times will it happen during the day, or anything else for that matter. What I have been able to find about it makes it sound like a lot of fun, especially for, well everyone.

Thanks ahead for the information!!!
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I found a bunch of videos on "you tube" when I first heard that it is coming here. It looks like a lot of fun. I think that the Disney Studios needs several new upgrades and a new parade is a good start.
    DDuck66
    Disney Veteran

2000- Once
    2001- Twice
    2002- Three Times
    2003- Three times
    2004 Twice
    2005 Twice
    2006- October and Christmas
    2007- The year of the annual pass!!!
    2008- Concierge at the POLY!!!!
    2009- Birthdays in January and March!!!!
    2010- Lots of trips..Too many to count!!

Post Thanks / Like

This is all that the disney website is posting.
    Opening Spring 2008
    Block Party Bash!
    • Featuring over 20 Disney*Pixar characters including Woody, Buzz, Mike and Sulley, this incredible parade doubles as a high-energy street spectacular, complete with amazing music, fantastic floats, one-of-a-kind trampoline units, aerial acrobatics and endless surprises.
    • Come join in on the fun at this wonderful and wild celebration, new to Disney's Hollywood Studios™.
    I just got my "Insider" and this was posted:

Ready...Set...Play!
    Disney·Pixar's Block Party Bash invites all ages to play along
    When is a parade not a parade? When it's Block Party Bash, a new kind of interactive entertainment experience that will be making its way through Disney's Hollywood Studios™ beginning spring 2008.
    "It's a traveling interactive Guest experience," said Disney Creative Entertainment Show Director Denise Pace. "It's bigger than any parade."
    Look out world, here it comes!
    Imagine you're on Hollywood Boulevard and suddenly the street fills with gigantic floats and several adjacent stages adorned with giant children's blocks, as more than 80 performers—including over 20 favorite Disney·Pixar Characters. And they've been looking forward to having lots of fun with Guests like you.
    "The hosts are the Green Army Men from 'Toy Story'," explained Show Producer Thomas Tryon. "It's their mission to get everyone ready to play, dance and otherwise join in. This is a real opportunity for you to have fun with Disney·Pixar Characters like you've never done before."
    Let's play at the movies
    Depending on where you're standing, you'll be welcomed into the fun by a cast of Disney performers and characters from any one of three major movie floats. It might be Woody, Jessie, Buzz Lightyear and Mr. Potato Head from the "Toy Story" films. It could be Flik, Princess Atta and Heimlich from Disney·Pixar's "A Bug's Life." Or it might be Mike Wazowski, Sulley and Boo from Disney·Pixar's "Monsters, Inc."
    You'll also see some fun supporting characters from the films that will be fun to see in person at the Park. "We've got 'Monsters, Inc.' guys like Needleman and Smitty, who are the monsters that work in the factory," said Denise. "We even have George who is that orange guy who's got a kid's sock on his back in the movie. You might even see the sock. It's hysterical."
    The fun reaches super heights when Mr. Incredible, ElastiGirl and Frozone from Disney·Pixar's "The Incredibles" appear on the scene to join in the playing and partying.
    Trampolines, stilt walkers and toys galore
    In addition to all the characters, each unit features spectacular performances, incredible dances and, in particular, awesome acrobatics on a series of trampolines. These intricate trampoline moves are so fantastic, they're almost an attraction in themselves. Each cast of what Denise and Thomas call the "Pixar Pals" is decked out in costumes themed to the movies and characters they represent.
    But the prime performers will be Guests like you, who are invited to dance, sing, shout, jump and play with whatever fun this amazing group of mirth makers can come up with: jump ropes, beachballs, you name it. And with some of the all-time most popular party hits of the last several decades as a soundtrack, it will be hard to resist joining in the festivities.
    The streets are alive
    "The whole street literally comes alive all around you," said Thomas. "One of the things I love most about it is that it lends itself to multiple viewings. You might see what the performers do in the 'Toy Story' unit one time, and if you come back you might see it all happen with 'A Bug's Life' characters. There is so much going on, that every time you see it you'll see something new."
    "It's difficult to compare it to anything we've done before," Denise added. "It's just such a high energy experience. And it was such a huge hit at Disney's California Adventure® Park. Our Florida Disney Cast Members who have already enjoyed it in California have become huge fans, so they're ecstatic that it's coming to our Resort. It's going to make quite an impact on Disney's Hollywood Studios."
    Last edited by dolphinmickey9170; 01-04-2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: added info from disney website
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Times and Dates can be found in the Current Events section of INTERCOT info Central for its March 14, 2008 debut and beyond.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

this sounds awesome! i've always been one to use parade time as a time to hit the attractions, but definitely will need to make time for this.
    john

Off-site '76, '89, '91, '96
    LBV Hilton '84
    DLR '86
    Poly '93, '08
    CR '96, '02, '03
    Next trip- Poly Aug '11

Post Thanks / Like

It's a super fun "bash"!

Stars and Motors Cars had run it's course, in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

I love this parade! Our family has seen it many times at Disney California. [so sad to see it leave ]

I love the guest interaction and the music and the dancing! It's great to see all the character really get out there and show their dance moves. [Seeing the monsters from Monster Inc dance is hilarious! They're good! Once Woody was jumping up and down and dancing so hard that he lost his sheriff badge. One of the dancers found it and returned it to him later.] It's so high energy, it was our very favorite parade.

The best part is when they ask for participation and your little ones can be part of the parade! My kids LOVE it! So do I!! You will too!!!
    ThePlanner aka Rachel
    _ _ _ _ _______________ _ _ _ _
    WDW: May 2001
    Disneyland: 1979; July 1998; Feb. 2002; Sept. 2004; Sept. 2006; May 2007; Dec. 5-11, 2007; May 8-12, 2009; July 22-27, 2010 with Club 33 visit; August 2012; April 2013; April 2014

Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

Gonna miss this at DCA.

The Disney Hollywood Studios is in for a well....BASH!!!!

HINT: The floats launch Nerf balls near the end of the show stop, so knock down a few people and collect the whole set! (Just Kidding BTW don't knock people down, unless you HAVE to!)

Post Thanks / Like

The parade will be in the afternoon each day, the times here posted here on info central. It is replace the Hollywood Stars & Motorcar parade. It is currently running at California Adventure out west, so you can find lots of video footage on youtube or googlevideo to see what you can look forward to! Looks like a fun parade!
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to see the BPB. Although, I am going to miss the DSMC parade.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

hey guys i am a part of the block party cast from dca..... bug male 8 to be exact..... it was a sad day on our last day of the parade but i am fortunate enough to be coming to florida to b a part of the party there as well..... i hope we are welcomed with open arms.... im sure the parade will do well and touch as many ppl as we did here n cali.....well my names kyle so if any of u see me or are part of the fl cast/family dont b shy HIT ME UP!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna disagree with just about everyone here and say it's lousy. I've seen it at DCA. I guess it's good to get little kids involved with dancing around and stuff, but I personally think the S&MC parade is Waaaayyyyy better. It actually captures the Hollywood spirit more than the BPB. I'll be sad to see it go. I only hope they'll still have it for the Holly-Day Parade during Christmas.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: