Quantcast The 2008 MOMS & MOMS-to-BE Club!!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The 2008 MOMS & MOMS-to-BE Club!!!

Wow had it really been almost 2 years????? I can't believe the old thread really took off like that!! Yay!!!!!

Okay ladies...how did New Year's go????
    I was asleep by 8pm!! LOL...DH was sick and just played video games...I told him to wake me up at midnight.....I'm finding as I get older and have a family now...I'd rather be home with my family celebrating the new year and ringing it in with the people I love most Can't wait for next New Year when the new baby is here too!!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Subscribing!!

I saw the request to start a new thread last night, but I felt weird doing it since I've been MIA for a while...a bit engrossed in the holidays and planning our April 08 trip, which I must say is hard because for some reason, no one is commenting to my posts!!

Anyway, our New Year's Eve was pretty low-key, too. The boys were in bed by 8pm. I was up until midnight, but only because I was watching something on TV that didn't end until then. I honestly don't care for NYE.

šOšprprincessšOš

WDW-75, 79, 89, 91, 98, 04: Offsite; 01: ASMs & CSR; 02: Dolphin; 03: GF & POR; 06: POFQ & BC; 08: WL; 09: CBR
    DL--97-98: AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

I'm such a moron. I scanned right past this thread looking for the new one and didn't even see it. So I "started" a new one. Someone just delete it, ok? I swear this pregnancy has made me totally dingy.

New Year's was ok for us. Watched movies with my dad since it is his birthday. Went to bed around 1am. Had to take 2 naps yesterday to make up for it. LOL.
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nye

New Years...let's see...I complained alot about my neighbors loud music and blaring bass...and my hubby and I played video games all night. Even before I was pregnant, I never really went out on NYE. Except for last year...my hubby took me to Disney...MGM...and proposed to me!!
    Former WDW MK BTM CM.

Engaged at MGM's OFSL on NYE 2006.

Married to DisneyDave4479 (June 16, 2007).

PAP since October 2007.

Been enjoying WDW since 1986...with hundreds of visits...just call me lucky!

VMK: PoorPuzzledFish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Rose View Post
    I'm such a moron. I scanned right past this thread looking for the new one and didn't even see it. So I "started" a new one. Someone just delete it, ok? I swear this pregnancy has made me totally dingy.

New Year's was ok for us. Watched movies with my dad since it is his birthday. Went to bed around 1am. Had to take 2 naps yesterday to make up for it. LOL.
    Ahhhhh....gotta love pregnancy brain....I have that alot too!!
    Oh man...I take 2 naps a day even when I'm in bed early....so you're doing better than me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallendroplet View Post
    New Years...let's see...I complained alot about my neighbors loud music and blaring bass...and my hubby and I played video games all night. Even before I was pregnant, I never really went out on NYE. Except for last year...my hubby took me to Disney...MGM...and proposed to me!!
    Okay that is a GREAT reason to go out!! That's an exciting proposal!!!!

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

What happened to the other Moms to be club sticky thread? I liked going through the old posts - especially reading what I was feeling while I was pregnant. Anyone know what happened to it?
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

uuuuuugggghhhhh......sleeeeeep, need sleep

Just checking in for the new year! PJ is doing great, though I wish he would sleep a little longer at night. 3 weeks old today!
    šoš Lizzy šoš

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

Hello ladies (and a few gents) and happy new year. I have not been on much lately, but I thought I would pop in to say hello.
    Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate). We had a wonderful holiday, Mackenzie was pretty excited to open presents. We think that she may be lactose intolerant since she had the runs on and off for 2 weeks. After taking everything out of her diet and slowly addin back it looks like the whole milk did it. So we are switching to soy today to see what happens.
    We should be finding out what you crazy pregnant ladies are having pretty soon..should we start a pool?
    Take care of yourselves and get lots of rest.
    michelle

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Michelle I sure hope she is feeling better now!! And it's so hard when they are little because they can't tell you anything!!

Well I had my first Level 3 ultrasound screen...[I'm almost 14 weeks!! WOW!!!] and we found out that.....

ITS A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited....of course it didn't matter in the end, but I was hoping for another boy so I would have of the same close in age and when they are both out of room I want them to share a room!!! ANd I won't have to buy anything either except some new cloth diapers and some onsies [since the baby is coming right in the middle of the hot Florida summer! lol]....

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff was away so Vivien and I had a nice quiet night at home. I seriously think I was in bed at 10 and suprisingly there was no noise to speak of. I couldn't believe it!
    Vivien will be 7 months old this week! I will send out some new links to pics soon. I've started our trip report from December but haven't gotten to the pics yet but the reports are up if you want to check them out!

Speaking of old mom's threads makes me think of the old thread from when I was pregnant with Sam. I remember that someone else was due around the same time as me and people were betting on who would go first(it wasn't me)
    Hope everyone is doing well. We had a shot of warm weather so it's been unseasonable warm here the past few days, close to 70, which is unheard of in Maryland in January.
    come visit Sam's memorial site
    http://sam-wood.memory-of.com

Sponsor the Celebrating Sam Team and help us Light the Night again in 2007!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    Oh Michelle I sure hope she is feeling better now!! And it's so hard when they are little because they can't tell you anything!!

Well I had my first Level 3 ultrasound screen...[I'm almost 14 weeks!! WOW!!!] and we found out that.....

ITS A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited....of course it didn't matter in the end, but I was hoping for another boy so I would have of the same close in age and when they are both out of room I want them to share a room!!! ANd I won't have to buy anything either except some new cloth diapers and some onsies [since the baby is coming right in the middle of the hot Florida summer! lol]....
    Congratulations! Have you guys started thinking of names yet?

I have two boys about 2 1/2 years apart and it's great--little playmates. Like you said, you don't have to buy too many new things--it's definitely a money saver!

šOšprprincessšOš

WDW-75, 79, 89, 91, 98, 04: Offsite; 01: ASMs & CSR; 02: Dolphin; 03: GF & POR; 06: POFQ & BC; 08: WL; 09: CBR
    DL--97-98: AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

CONGRATS Terra!!!

I'm currently 30 weeks pregnant! WOOHOO! I can't wait for March to get here...I'm going stir crazy!
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by harlowandthemermaid View Post
    Jeff was away so Vivien and I had a nice quiet night at home. I seriously think I was in bed at 10 and suprisingly there was no noise to speak of. I couldn't believe it!
    Vivien will be 7 months old this week! I will send out some new links to pics soon. I've started our trip report from December but haven't gotten to the pics yet but the reports are up if you want to check them out!

Speaking of old mom's threads makes me think of the old thread from when I was pregnant with Sam. I remember that someone else was due around the same time as me and people were betting on who would go first(it wasn't me)
    Hope everyone is doing well. We had a shot of warm weather so it's been unseasonable warm here the past few days, close to 70, which is unheard of in Maryland in January.
    I am loving your disney pics!!!!!!!! I so wish I could have caught you when you were down!!!!
    She is so cute! And getting so big!!

Quote Originally Posted by prprincess View Post
    Congratulations! Have you guys started thinking of names yet?

I have two boys about 2 1/2 years apart and it's great--little playmates. Like you said, you don't have to buy too many new things--it's definitely a money saver!
    I'm loving the money saving part!! LOL...

Well I have a few names....we just found out on Monday so we haven't really sat down and discussed it yet...
    But I love:'
    Josiah
    Levi
    Ezra
    All of which I'm sure DH will hate...LOL....I think I was almost 7 or 8 months before we finally agreed on David's name!

Quote Originally Posted by May524 View Post
    CONGRATS Terra!!!

I'm currently 30 weeks pregnant! WOOHOO! I can't wait for March to get here...I'm going stir crazy!
    Oh boy, won't be long now!!!! My best friend is due March 29....I'm guessing you are in the middle of march!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Terra! Don't sweat it about the name. It will come to you when you see his beautiful face. Look at me, I didn't finally settle on what it would be until they came in with the birth certificate paperwork!

Mel your daughter gets more beautiful every day.
    šoš Lizzy šoš

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Post Thanks / Like

Well it's official....I can't have a VBAC....the other yucky practice I was at doesn't allow it and neither does this one...mostly due to lawsuits...[silly sue happy people!]

I dont' want to change to yet another practice because I really do love this one....so the only other way would be to have a homebirth with a midwife and no way did DH go for that one....He didn't even want me to do a VBAC because of the pain and what I went through with David...lol...which wasn't so bad that I wouldn't do it again...

But I am at least seeing the midwife in the practice alot through my pregnancy so that is nice to have someone who does advocate for me and supports my birth and parenting choices...

I did tell her my biggest reason for not wanting the C section is because it was almost an hour and half before I saw David and was able to nurse and I really wanted to nurse right away [I had such issues with David because the nurses began sneaking him formula bottles after I explicitly told them NO formula or bottles...] So I had milk supply issues from the beginning...I went to the LLL and saw LC's and it was just not happening...but I did get 5 months of nursing in...

Anyway...the midwife thought it was crazy that it was that long before I saw David and she made a note in my chart to have the new baby to me asap and also told me to get down right mean with the nurses ...because she said they tend to do what is most convenient for them...

Plus I wanted a VBAC with the midwife because it is so much less of a battle when I tell them no vaccines or eye ointment...so now I'm prepared for the battle!

Gosh what a ramble...sorry!!
    So how is everyone feeling??????? [all you pregnant mamas..]
    Lizzy, how is life with PJ these days????

What is everyone up to??

Le-Ann, how was Disney????????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    So how is everyone feeling??????? [all you pregnant mamas..]
    Eh not feeling so hot today! I'm dealing with a lot of naseau
    I'm starting to get very uncomfortable and more and more of my clothes are starting NOT to fit and being 31 weeks, I don't want to purchase a lot of new clothes...any tips??
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

May, I got almost all of my maternity clothes at Goodwill for a dollar each. Even some really cute shirts, some said "It's not easy being Queezy" and "What's Kickin'" Very cute stuff. Plus I was glad for the comfortable clothes to wear home from the hospital too.

Terra- PJ is doing great. Last night he actually slept from 7-1:30 and then again from 2-5:00 That was a nice relief!

He does have a poo problem though. He seems to only go once a day or every other day. He has even gone up to 3 days! The Dr office didn't seem too concerned about it but I can tell his little tummy hurts when he goes too long. Poor little guy!
    šoš Lizzy šoš

Post Thanks / Like

Go PJ!!! Way to sleep!!!

I am all about the goodwill and thrift stores!! Such great bargins!!

Hey MEL!!
    I finally tried the Seventh Generation diapers myself [for night time and long trips out because David is such a heavy wetter!]
    Anyway, they are awesome!!! And I can tell a difference without the chlorine in them, he doesn't get red or anything!!
    I even wrote Seventh Generation praising them and they said they are sending me coupons!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default To those of you around 14 weeks...

... are you really uncomfortable? Not because of nausea but just uncomfortable.

I just hit 14 weeks yesterday but I have to tell you, I feel so much further. I know I'm not, but man I feel it. I can't get comfy sitting or lying down. My sciatica has been really bad, and I feel like the kid is just laying on my bladder all the time. Oh and I feel (and maybe even look) huge. Even my 3-and-a-half-year-old said, "Mom your belly is getting big."

This is only #2. I could understand if this were baby #3 or 4 or something, but sheesh.

I have a doc appt this week, so....
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Rose View Post
    ... are you really uncomfortable? Not because of nausea but just uncomfortable.

I just hit 14 weeks yesterday but I have to tell you, I feel so much further. I know I'm not, but man I feel it. I can't get comfy sitting or lying down. My sciatica has been really bad, and I feel like the kid is just laying on my bladder all the time. Oh and I feel (and maybe even look) huge. Even my 3-and-a-half-year-old said, "Mom your belly is getting big."

This is only #2. I could understand if this were baby #3 or 4 or something, but sheesh.

I have a doc appt this week, so....
    Oh goodness Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
    And my midwife even said that everything happens sooner and "harder" with #2 and subsequent pregnancies...

At this stage with David I was still sleeping on my belly and everything...no heartburn, no sciatica or back pain at all...

With this little guy I've had heartburn since the get go and my back aches, my sciatica acts up alot too!!! And I look like I'm already 5-6 months [like I did with David...eeks...and I'm not small to begin with!!!!!!! LOL]

I think I'll have to roll everywhere once I hit 8-9 months!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: