Quantcast The 2008 MOMS & MOMS-to-BE Club!!! - Page 30

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The heat and not drinking enough water totally make sense. I'm praying they gave you good news about your fluid levels today.

I remember on one road trip to DLR, we sat on the Grapevine for 5 hours because a truck had jack-knifed. Don't misss CA traffic that's for sure!

My pre-op went really well today. My doctor introduced me to the assisting doctor who is this goofy teddy bear of a guy. And I met the nurses who assist the anesthesiologist. Even the evil nurse was exceptionally polite.

So my "special shower" is actually 2 showers with something called hexi-clean. I asked my friend whose had 3 sections and she never had to do this, so it must just be hospital-specific. Whatever.

Well, there's only 38 hours and 15 minutes to go! I'll post once more before the big day and then not until next Monday probably.
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

nak [nursing at keyboard...ah gotta love my mommy board lingo!! he he]

(((((HUGS)))))) Dakota!!!!!!

I can't wait to hear all about it!!!!!!!
    Keeping you and baby and in my prayers!!

Things are good here...adjusting to life with 2 under 2!! Aaron LOVES to nurse...does it every hour to 2 hours....but the last two nights has slept 4-5 hour stretches! I'm not holding my breath though!

Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Yay Aaron, what a good boy letting your momma sleep some! I hope he keeps it up for you!
    șoș Lizzy șoș

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Terra! And way to go Aaron. How are you feeling, Terra?

Well 24 hours from now, baby girl will be here! Yay!

I don't have much planned for today. Finish packing DS's bag so he can go to my sister's. Sterilize pump and bottles, make a list of phone #s. Go swimming!

Yesterday I was really nervous. Today I'm just excited.

If I don't make it back here today, I'll chat with ya'll on Monday or Tuesday.

Toodles!
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck Dakota! How exciting!
    5/04 - Caribbean Beach
    5/05 - Caribbean Beach
    11/06 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Honeymoon)
    6/07 - Caribbean Beach
    10/08 - SSR (for DS's 1st B-day)

DVC Owners @ AKV as of 4/08
    Next Trip: 6/09 - SWW!

Post Thanks / Like

Terra, I'm so glad to hear that your little guy is letting you sleep a bit at night. How is your older child dealing with having a baby brother?

Dakota, I can't believe that you're ready to go! It seems like only yesterday you were at the halfway mark and dealing with the glucose issues. I hope that everything goes smoothly for you tomorrow. I can't wait to see pictures of your little girl. I'm glad that you survived your fireworks on the 4th!

Just out of curiosity, are all scheduled c sections at 5 in the morning? All of my friends that have had them have had them as an emergency measure so I'm not familiar with the scheduled ones. DH actually wants me to have one, he thinks it will be "more convenient." Men! (This is after my friend had a really rough time with her last c section.)

I've been MIA for a little while... I was feeling a little blue about the job situation and feeling very stressed out about the baby in general. Our house is still a disaster and DH and I have a lot of decisions to make about the baby which has lead to some arguments at home. Plus, I turned 30 on the 3rd which I was having a hard time with. DH wanted me to talk to the PA about depression at my last appointment and I did and I ended up with a prescription for an antidepressant. Now he doesn't want me to take it even though the PA assured me that it was okay for the baby and that it might actually prevent post partum depression. I feel better than I did last week though but if I get down again I am going to get the prescription filled.

My 4th was pretty busy. DH and I play in a marching band so I marched (waddled) in the parade. The baby loves music so I wasn't too worried about that. He kicks in time to the music, it is pretty funny. My husband threw me a "surprise" party on the 5th but I helped him do all of the shopping and cooking. I had a good time but I was BEAT the next day. I couldn't walk.

It was on the 4th that I noticed that the baby's movements had really slowed down. He'd stopped doing his dance from 9 PM until 1 AM. So I called the doctor on Monday and she had me do 2 hours of kick counts and he only kicked 7 times so I had to go to triage. I spent a few hours on a fetal heart monitor and a contraction monitor, and then they did a scan for amniotic fluid levels. Apparently everything is fine, thank goodness! The doctor said that he might be running out of room, or that he is just too hot. The doctor said that she could try to figure out what the gender was since I was on the US machine but I said no, I'd find out soon enough. I'm a little miffed because I had an appointment on June 30th and no one said anything to me about the baby's motion pattern changing as he got larger. Sigh.

My dad said that this is only the beginning of worrying about a kid, and that I should take this whole thing as a training experience. Sigh. The little guy is moving around pretty good today so maybe he just had a hard time adjusting to the weather.

Sorry for the ramble... I hope that everyone else is coping with the summer heat as well as possible!
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meldan98 View Post
    We had hoped to go 7/17-7/20 but because of his job issues and his new job, that was out.
    I missed something here... did your DH get a new job that quickly? If so, that's fantastic!!!
    -Laura

Post Thanks / Like

Default Picking a pediatrician

Hey veteran mommies... can anyone pass along any tips for choosing a pediatrician? Did any of you interview a pediatrician before you selected one? I'm trying to take care of that this week and am a little overwhelmed.
    -Laura

Post Thanks / Like

I went for my u/s yesterday and everything appears to be okay per the person doing the u/s. The radiologist still needs to review it, but it seems like it was just a fluke. I'm hoping to find out more today. The weird thing is, my due date changed again. My u/s tech said it was 11/2 and that I was measuring 23 weeks plus 1 yesterday so does that mean it's now 11/1?

Dakota - I'm so excited for you. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Terra - I'm glad things are going well. Hopefully you will be able to get a little more sleep soon.

Kairi - My dh had a new job within a week and half. It was such a blessing. The only issue is right now, he has to travel a lot until a position opens up where he can work from home most of the time. I'm sorry that you are having a hard time. I've found that I'm overly moody lately and have been taking it out on my dh. Hopefully things will get better soon. Picking a pediatrician for me was actually pretty easy. I have Kaiser and I noticed right away that my dd was really having a hard time with BF, so I called in and they sent me to PNP (Pediatric Nurse Practitioner) who is also a lactation consultant. We had to go in every day for a week for her to be weighed and I felt that she was fabulous. I selected her as our Primary Care. The doctor that my dd has had to see on occassion is also really good. I would check with some friends to see if they have any recommendations. You might also check with your ob doctor to see if they have any recomendations. I'm going to be a scheduled c-section as well, but won't know my date or time until about a month before.
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to post again....it is a very slow work day.

I need some of your thoughts on names...my dh and I really struggling with selecting a name.

Wendy Moira
    Madeline Belle
    Riley Anne
    Lillian Belle

Now, if we went with Wendy Moira, do you think she would get teased a lot?
    Melissa

Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Dakota- Wow! I bet you are so excited. I can't wait to hear how it all goes.

Quote Originally Posted by meldan98 View Post
    Wendy Moira
    Madeline Belle
    Riley Anne
    Lillian Belle

Now, if we went with Wendy Moira, do you think she would get teased a lot?
    I like Madeline Belle and Lillian Belle the best. We have also talked about the name Lillian if it is a girl b/c that was my great grandmother's name. Oh, and Belle is my favorite princess, so I am partial to that name as well!

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Melissa, I'm so glad to hear that your DH got a job so fast! I'm sorry that it's not the best situation now but am glad that there is the potential for change there.

I like the names Madeleine and Lillian. My great grandmother's name was Lillian and my grandma and her mom were both named Madeleine. They were all incredible women. Are you going to try to narrow it down to one name before the baby comes, or are you going to wait and see what she looks like?
    -Laura

Post Thanks / Like

Dakota ~ Thoughts, prayers, and for the c-section tomorrow. Can't wait to see pictures!

Kairi ~ Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time but glad to hear that things have been going better this week. Also, I'm not a veteran mommy but I did some investing on choosing a pediatrician. I decided that I am just going to the one in my neighborhood because they accept our insurance, have good reviews, and were on the list from my OB. So I called pediatricians office and the receptionist told me there is no reason to interview unless you are trying to choose between several. Not sure that this is much advice but it made me feel like it wasn't as big of a deal as I thought it would be.

Meldan ~ As far as the name's go, I'm with Kristin and I like the ones with Belle for a middle name because she is such a great character, plus they are my favorite first names of the group. Good luck with the decision!

My fingers and ankles are starting to swell up now with the heat and as I'm entering my third trimester it is definitely starting to feel more real.

It doesn't seem like a big deal now but I was so disappointed I missed my Yoga class this afternoon due to traffic and I really needed the class to relax after a stressful day at work. So I came home and did my prenatal exercise video to try to de-stress because I know its what's best for the baby. I've really enjoyed the prenatal yoga and its a great way to meet other expecting moms. Most of us are new moms which leads me to believe there isn't near as much free time after baby #1 arrives
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

Dakota - I'm hoping you have a new baby in your arms by now, and I hope everything's going great for you!

As for names, I also would have to chime in for Lillian Belle. If we have another girl, she will probably be named Lillian (after DH's grandmother who passed away). I just like the sound of "Lilly Belle." Of course, I don't know if you'd be calling her Lilly or not.

I've started to wonder about the pediatrician also. We live in the boondocks, so there's no ped in our area, just general physicians. The hospital where my endocrinologist is, and my OB is, is a world-known children's hospital, so I'm thinking about finding a pediatrician there. At first, it will be a lot of gas mileage, but I'm used to it now, with OB appts every 2 weeks. Once she arrives, I'll go back to a 3 month rotation of seeing my endo, so maybe I can coordinate our appts.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the thoughts on names. I'm leaning toward Madeline Belle. I think it goes really well with our dd's name of Abigail Rubye. My dh has FINALLY started looking a baby name site. I really want to have a name finalized before we go in and have her. I'm just really tired of calling her Baby Jelly Bean.

I really want something Disney in her name. Wendy Moira is from Peter Pan, and Lillian was Walt's wife's name and then of course Belle and Maddy was supposed to be the name of the new princess in the Frog Princess movie.

I really hope that all is going well for Dakota and her little princess.
    Melissa

Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Lacy, thanks so much for the tips on finding a pediatrician! Some of my former co workers did the doctor interview thing, and it seemed like it was a HUGE ordeal. I don't feel qualified to question a doctor. I'll definately check with the OB's office to see if they can recommend someone, although I'd like to stay a little closer to home. I'm glad that you were able to get in a workout even though you didn't make it to your class. That takes a lot of discipline!

I think Madeleine sounds really good with Abigail! Both names have such a timeless quality to them. I have an aunt named Wendy, and I don't think many people associate her name with Peter Pan. I can see that you'd be tired of calling her Baby Jelly Bean! We went from Mr. Bean to Mr. Moonie to Hey Kid to whatever DH wants to call the baby at the moment.

We went to our first child birth class last night. It really made me feel like the end of the pregnancy is here! The nurse that taught the class was very nice and she was able to answer a lot of questions, including how to get the family pets used to a baby, which I did not expect. We still have 2 more weeks of labor class, plus a class on breathing and one on infant CPR, and I am trying to decide if I want to take any more.

I too am hoping that Dakota's little princess is doing well and that she is recovering well from the c section. (I keep thinking of the baby as "Dakota Rosebud.")
    -Laura

Post Thanks / Like

I like Madeline as well. That's the name we plan on using if we have a girl.

As far as finding a pediatrician - we lucked out as I still see mine, so DS goes there too. It's nice to have both our doctor's appointments in the same place and time!

Hope everyone's pregnancies, births/labor, and new babies are all doing well!

DS has his first 'swimming' lesson tonight!
    5/04 - Caribbean Beach
    5/05 - Caribbean Beach
    11/06 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Honeymoon)
    6/07 - Caribbean Beach
    10/08 - SSR (for DS's 1st B-day)

DVC Owners @ AKV as of 4/08
    Next Trip: 6/09 - SWW!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Everyone!
    I haven't been very active on the boards, my 4 month old and working full time is tiring!

I love the name Madeline, SO cute!

We just found out we are going to Disney for Christmas! DS will actually have his 1st Christmas at Disney! We are staying at the Polynesian and are very excited.

Has anyone gone with a 10 month old?

Hope everone is well!
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the input on names. Hopefully we can decide soon.

Kairi - I would also recommend the breastfeeding class if you are even remotely considering it. It was helpful. My labor class was a joke. I'm sure it was helpful to some people, but I couldn't remember anything that I learned once the real thing started. I'm doing a late pregnancy class and hospital tour in August. Hopefully that won't be a waste of time. If I was going to be having a normal delivery again, I would get a doula.

May - We took my dd to DL when she was just shy of a year. My few suggestions would be take more diapers and wipes than you think you will need for a day in the parks. I kept track of how many diapers she used in an average day and then just took 2 extra. By the end of the day, I had run out and had to go to the baby center. Go the baby center!!! It is wonderful. DH's get looked at a little weird when they take in the baby's though for some reason. We have used that place quite frequently on our many trips. PM me if you want more info.
    Melissa

Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Toodles ~ I hope your swimming lesson was fun. Little ones are so cute in the water! We went to the pool tonight which felt great! It also made me very excited with all the kids!

May ~ Do you have any advice for going back to work? How was the transition and how long did you take off?

I hope everything is going well for Dakota and her new little princess!
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: