Quantcast The 2008 MOMS & MOMS-to-BE Club!!! - Page 24

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Terra,

So sorry you are feeling like Poo Poo!!!! Say the word and I will come on down to LW and take care of you!!! Man, I wish I was down there - I love Florida and can't wait to retire!!! I just have many years until I can retire.

Seriously though, take care of yourself, the house will never be clean once #2 comes along anyway, just wait!!! I will be cleaning the kitchen and the boys will be destroying the wreck room - it never ends.

Can you get help from any of the ladies in your church?
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My mom's friend had her 3rd baby in the car. She went into labor, called the neighbor to take her to her husband who was teaching at church. Neighbor parks the car in front of the church and runs in to get daddy, they come out and there she is holding the baby. Yikes!

Dr's appt tomorrow. Feeling like I'm going to pop at any minute. I can barely walk b/c it feels like a basketball between my legs. I've basically stopped my morning walks b/c I get strong contractions. Like Terra said, doing housework is darn near impossible. I never had felt this way with DS, even while in labor. So I'm kind of anxious that this might happen sooner. I know they'll just stop my labor and do the c-section, but still.... Guess we'll see what the doc says tomorrow.
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Rose View Post
    My mom's friend had her 3rd baby in the car. She went into labor, called the neighbor to take her to her husband who was teaching at church. Neighbor parks the car in front of the church and runs in to get daddy, they come out and there she is holding the baby. Yikes!

Dr's appt tomorrow. Feeling like I'm going to pop at any minute. I can barely walk b/c it feels like a basketball between my legs. I've basically stopped my morning walks b/c I get strong contractions. Like Terra said, doing housework is darn near impossible. I never had felt this way with DS, even while in labor. So I'm kind of anxious that this might happen sooner. I know they'll just stop my labor and do the c-section, but still.... Guess we'll see what the doc says tomorrow.
    YIKES!!! My DH would pass out if that happened!!

LOL...we are quite a pair eh??? I'll be glad when Aaron is in my arms and I'm feeling like doing things again!!!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ladies!

I've been MIA lately, going back to work after having the baby was super hard!

Just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing!

My baby is now 3 and a half months old..where did the time go??
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post
    Oh Terra,

So sorry you are feeling like Poo Poo!!!! Say the word and I will come on down to LW and take care of you!!! Man, I wish I was down there - I love Florida and can't wait to retire!!! I just have many years until I can retire.

Seriously though, take care of yourself, the house will never be clean once #2 comes along anyway, just wait!!! I will be cleaning the kitchen and the boys will be destroying the wreck room - it never ends.

Can you get help from any of the ladies in your church?
    Oh yeah, they'll help in a heartbeat And actually DH has been great since he's off from school! My mom is going to take a week off too when the baby is born!

Oh man I wish you were down here too!!!!!! And so close to Disney! LOL...

Ahhh....May I can't believe it went by that fast!! I bet your missing your little munchkin like crazy!!! Carry those pictures with you to look at all the time
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Had a dr's appt yesterday. Lost another 4 lbs but baby is still measuring ahead of her gestational age. Doc says she'll be "good size" whatever that means. Everything else is good. 4 weeks to go. 2 more doc appts and then she'll be here. Woo hoo.

Wow! 3-and-a-half months old already! Wow! Time has gone fast!
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    7 trips to the World.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

One more week and we get to find out what we are having. I can't wait. I can't believe it is going by so fast. I just hope that the baby is okay. I really don't think we could take any more bad news. In case you didn't see my post dh lost his job, my hard drive crashed and I lost my dd's birthday and Christmas photos, and now, to top it off, I've lost our camera with all the photos from the last 6 months on it.

On to happier stuff...

Dakota - I'm so glad your appt. went well. Was the dr. concerned about the 4lbs loss?

May - It was so hard going back to work after my dd. I took her to daycare one day early so I could be a crying mess at home instead of at work.
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Yes...time has flown, I can't get over it! It's crazy, I look at pictures and I'm like...WOW he has grown! He has already doubled his weight! He was 6lbs and now at 3 and a half months he is 12lbs 8oz!

Meldan-So sorry to hear about your loss of pictures! Did you by any chance back them up to a photo site? I always make sure to back mine up to shutterfly.com

Oh and great news...we are in the works of planning a trip to disney in December!
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Meldan, I'm so sorry about the pictures! A similar thing happened to me too! Now we back up to CD every month or so. But it still stinks to be without those photos!

Doc wasn't concerned about the weight loss. She just shakes her head. She's pretty much determined that I'm an anomaly. I think that as long as baby continues to grow, she'll be fine.

I'm just glad I haven't gained the 44 lbs I gained with DS. My body couldn't handle that considering I didn't quite lose it all the first time.
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    7 trips to the World.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

May ~ I'm glad to hear that the first few months have gone well. I can only imagine how hard it was returning to work. Do you have any advice for making the transition back to work? This is one of the things I'm most nervous about.

Dakota ~ Glad that your doc is okay with the weight and the baby is still growing. I'm a bit relived to hear that you gained 44 lbs with your son. At my last appointment (24 weeks) the doc told me that I've gained as much as they recommend for an entire pregnancy (about 20). But she said some people gain more and I shouldn't be concerned, it will just be more I have to lose later....not sure if that helped me feel better or not.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! We are painting the nursery tomorrow!
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

Most of my friends and women I know, except for my mom, gained 30+ lbs. My son's classmate's mom gained 50+ with each of her sons. My midwife w/DS was not as concerned with weight gain so long as everything else was okay (blood pressure, etc) but it wasn't easy taking off those 44 lbs. In fact, when I got pregnant with DD I still had 10 lbs left from DS! Oopsies! But I keep telling myself that this is our last child, so after she's born I can focus on getting my weight back to pre-wedding status!

3 weeks and 4 days to go!
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    7 trips to the World.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey y'all,
    I'm new to this board. I am 10 weeks today with my 1st child, and I was glad to find out that there was a thread for Disney Moms to be!

My hubby and I are going to Disney World October 4-11th. I will be just entering my 6th month at this point. Does anyone have any suggestions for traveling to Disney pregnant? We considered cancelling, but we begged my parents to get a two bedroom at Saratoga Springs instead of a one so that we could go and I hate to cancel when they were so nice about it all! So far our plan is to not go into the parks as many days as usual (only two tops) and spend the rest of the time relaxing at the resort. This will be very different for us considering we usually try to jam pack as much in as we can. What other helpful hints can y'all provide?

Anyway, thanks for any help...

Kristin

P.S. As you can see, I found the board Lacy. Miss you and hope all is well. Call me!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Kristin - Welcome to the board. Congratulations! I don't have any advice, but we are also hoping to go to Disneyland during my sixth month.

I only managed to gain 20lbs. with my 1st pregnancy and so far at 20 weeks, I don't think I've gained any weight. I lost almost 9lbs at my 16 week appointment and I go for my 20 week on Wednesday. I stepped on the scale this weekend and I think i've gained back about 6 of the 9lbs lost.

I go for my ultrasound tomorrow. I can't wait to find out what I'm having. I really think it is a girl and so does my dd. My husband is really hoping for a boy I think. I personally don't think he wants to be outnumbered. I'm taking the entire day off work so dh and I can spend the day together.

He has a job interview on Wednesday, so he won't be able to go to my 20 week ob appointment with me. At least he gets to go to the ultrasound. I just really hope and pray that he gets this job. He will have to travel a bit more, but it will be wonderful to have this stress taken off of us.
    Melissa

Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

May, I am glad to hear that your son is doing so well! How do you feel?

Lea-Ann, sending some baby pixie dust your way!

Dakota, I hope that the last few days of VBS weren't too tiresome for you. You must be getting very excited now that your DD is almost here. Have you picked a name out for her yet?

Lacey, I didn't think the glucose screening was bad, and I am glad that you didn't either. I flipped through my Baby Bargains book while I was waiting for the time to pass. Good luck with the nursery painting!

Kristin, welcome to the board and congratulations! There were some trip reports posted a few months ago by mom's to be, and there were some good tips there. My husband won't even consider a final trip to Disney... so have a Dole Whip for me when you are there.

Meldan- I will keep my fingers crossed that your ultrasound goes well! I will also continue to think about your husband as he goes through his job hunt. Have you heard any other estimates for recovering your hard drive and getting your photos back?

I just got in from my 28 week appointment. Apparently I have only gained 10 pounds. The doctor is a little concerned about this. She keeps asking if I am eating. I am eating like a pig... especially this last month. We've had 4 graduations in the family this year and everyone in my family loves to cook so the food has been REALLY good! I can't eat huge portions any more but I do eat throughout the day. The baby was kicking a lot during the heart rate monitoring... the doctor was giggling because my stomach was moving around a lot.

We are in the process of painting our office and nursery. Someone who lived here before us painted the office Cookie Monster blue. I asked DH if we could do a Sesame Street nursery theme and put the baby in that room instead! We are also trying to register for baby stuff. It is kind of frustrating because we FINALLY picked a car seat and they recalled it! Back to square one.

On a positive note, I got a follow up e mail from one of the companies that I interviewed with. I've been unemployed since April so I am excited about this. Now I have to figure out how to tell them that I am pregnant.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen this thread, but never really looked at it until today. I see you discuss pregnancy. What else do you talk about? I have an 8 month old and would love to have a place to read about Disney and kids!
    Also, how do you 'subscribe' to a thread?

Thanks!
    5/04 - Caribbean Beach
    5/05 - Caribbean Beach
    11/06 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Honeymoon)
    6/07 - Caribbean Beach
    10/08 - SSR (for DS's 1st B-day)

DVC Owners @ AKV as of 4/08
    Next Trip: 6/09 - SWW!

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of us are talking about pregnancy because we are expecting now... but some of the more experienced moms talk about the adventures of raising their children. I love reading these stories because it gives a lot of insight into situations that I may run into some day! Not sure how to subscribe to a thread, but welcome!
    -Laura

Post Thanks / Like

Kairi - Thanks for the good thoughts. I'm nervous about the ultrasound, I think I'm more nervous this time than I was with my first.

OhToodles - Those of us that have little ones do share our experiences. I've got a 4y.o. dd and then have one on the way (est. Oct. delivery by c-section). Welcome!

About the hard drive and the camera. I guess I had one of those pregnancy moments or in this case two. When we went to the zoo on mother's day, I had placed the camera in a bag we carry for my dd. She hasn't used diapers in almost 2 years, but we still call it her diaper bag. Well, when I discovered the camera missing, I assumed it was in the diaper bag. I took "everything" out and checked "all" of the pockets and much to my dismay it wasn't there. All week last week, I lost much sleep and cried a lot of tears over those missing images and the hard drive. Well, my husband was getting the bag ready for our father's day outing. I was upstairs and I heard him yelling. I ran downstairs, afraid that dd had done something and there he stands holding the camera. There is a zipper pouch that is hidden on the front of the bag. I always forget it's there. I NEVER put anything in there. My dh had put the camera in there to protect it from my dd's travel cup when we were at the zoo. I was on cloud 9 to say the least. My dh then had me put all of the pictures from the camera on the laptop and then do a back up to two different external drive that we now how. See, I've learned my lesson.

Now, the other pregnancy moment....I looked at the pictures as I was downloading them and noticed that the Birthday party pictures that were still on the camera weren't my dd's friend's birthday, but of my dd's. They had their parties at the exact same place about a month apart. I guess when we went through the drama of the hard drive failure and I saw my dd's sitting next to her friend, I just assumed it was his party and not hers. I could have just died of embarassment. I've been putting myself through so much stress over those silly pictures...and I had them the entire time....
    Melissa

Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you "found" the pictures!

As for going to WDW while 6 mos pregnant, I say go for it. My DH & I went to DLR when I was 6 mos with DS. It was off-season and kind of quiet, which was nice. We took in a lot of shows and rides (fantasyland, mostly) we wouldn't usually do. I was already having some swelling at that point, so we took a nice long break in the afternoons so I could put my feet up. But by then my energy was good again, and though I was still having morning sickness, I just drank a lot of sprite and ate almonds to combat it.

We were going to go to WDW in April of this year, when I was again 6 mos pregnant. But decided against it b/c we thought it would be too hard with DS4. Plus this pregnancy has proved to be mighty difficult, so I'm glad we postponed.

I would, however, suggest buying travel insurance so in case you're not feeling well come October you can cancel/reschedule and not lose all that $$$$.
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    7 trips to the World.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

So glad to hear that you got your pictures back!!! Can't wait to hear how you make out at the ultrasound.
    -Laura

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OhToodles! View Post
    I've seen this thread, but never really looked at it until today. I see you discuss pregnancy. What else do you talk about? I have an 8 month old and would love to have a place to read about Disney and kids!
    Also, how do you 'subscribe' to a thread?

Thanks!
    Hello everyone, just checking in quickly - I don't even have a chance to read everything...Ben just woke up, you know how it goes!!

Toodles, on the Intercot toolbar (Navy Blue color) at the top there is a 'quicklinks' option, click it and towards the bottom of the pop up menu it will say 'Subscribed Threads' - that is the only place I seem to go anymore, computer time is minimal with a 4 yo and 19 mo!!!

I promise to pop back and read soon, I hope everyone is well!!
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: