Quantcast The 2008 MOMS & MOMS-to-BE Club!!! - Page 9

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

We didn't find out what we were having. My nephew was supposed to be a girl...SO with that being said, I didn't findo ut. However, EVERYONE was convinced I was having a girl. My DH and I so thought it was a girl. But we still did our nursery gender neutral (Animals on Parade from Pottery Barn) and bought only gender neutral outfits. Well...surprise, it was a boy! For DH and I it was the most exciting and surprising thing of our lives!
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been fun reading who did and didn't find out!

I did not want to know with David but my husband did so we finally found out.
    With this one I wanted to know just so I know cost wise what to buy. Which is next to nothing since it's another boy!! woo hoo!

I just had a good friend who did a birthing center birth and they did not know. It was so exciting to wait and hear! They kind of felt like it was a girl but it was a boy!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

We didn't find out with DS because DH didn't want to know. But we both had a gut feeling from the second I took the test that he was a boy.

With this one, I told DH flat out that I was finding out whether he wanted to know or not. I did it for the same reason Terra mentioned. I wanted to know what I needed to donate and what I needed to buy.
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

We found out with our first (a girl), but we aren't sure if we want to find out with the 2nd. There isn't much I need, and I have a friend who can give me all her boy stuff its a boy and I have friend I can give all my girl stuff that doesn't fit my dd anymore. I'm leaning towards finding out so that we can get rid of the girl clothes if need be and my friend can get rid of her boy clothes. So we shall see. I'm a huge planner, so I'm betting we will find out.

I'm 7 weeks now (I think) and I've got my dr.'s appointment next week. The only people who know are my best friend and her husband (who is also my boss). She guessed when we went to a nice dinner and I didn't want a cocktail or wine. My dh is really against telling anyone this time until after the ultrasound at my 8 week, which is really bumming me out.

Just yesterday, I had to start wearing my mat. pants that don't look like mat. pants. I've only got two pair, so I guess I'm going shopping at the 2nd hand maternity store this weekend.
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

I've been lurking on the thread for a little while now... but at 15 weeks along it looks like everything is going well and it looks like I'll be a Mom in the beginning of September. I am just coming to the realization that I might need to look at maternity clothes, or at least larger ones. I work on construction sites as a part of my job, and maternity jeans just look so flimsy to me, plus I am having a really hard time finding petite maternity clothes. (Why is it so much easier to find cute baby clothes than maternity clothes?) I haven't really been sick at all but now I am starting to show, so it seems more real than it did when I first found out. I had to have a couple of ultrasounds already so that helps.

I was curious, has anyone here felt more nervous than excited when they were expecting? I am happy about having a baby but I am worried about being a mom, too. It seems like everyone is more excited about the baby than I am! I have had a few miscarriages so I am not sure if this is normal after having had trouble before.

Congrats to May on your new little boy. Harlow, Vivian is adorable. I enjoyed your trip reports from before. The pics of Vivian and Chip and Dale are adorable.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Kairi and congratulations!

I was excited with my first, and I've been nervous and anxious with this one. I think because DS was a surprise, and this one was planned. And this pregnancy has been so different from my first, that I've been nervous. Definitely with my first, I got nervous the closer my due date came. I was unsure I'd know how to be a mom. And there was a lot of learning to do, but it's amazing how much of it just comes to you in an innate way.

Try journaling, that might help qualm your worries.

Anyway, congrats!
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    7 trips to the World.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi_7378 View Post
    I was curious, has anyone here felt more nervous than excited when they were expecting? I am happy about having a baby but I am worried about being a mom, too. It seems like everyone is more excited about the baby than I am! I have had a few miscarriages so I am not sure if this is normal after having had trouble before.
    First off congrats!!!
    And yes...I was SO NERVOUS! I was nervous the WHOLE pregnancy! I'm not saying I wasn't excited...I was...but I definetly know where you are coming from!
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone! I hope everyone is feeling well! We got back from our trip at the begining of the week and I'm finally getting used to being home again and in our normal routine!

Congrats to all of the new moms-to-be on here and good luck to those trying!!

I just wanted to put my two cents into going to Disney while pregnant. I just did it at 30 weeks, and it was fine!! I was able to sit and take breaks during the day while DD was napping in her stroller and DH rode the rides we couldn't. I'm not saying my feet didn't ache (boy, did they ever!!), but I think even people who aren't pregnant get aches and pains from walking around the parks all week. I would say that as long as your doctor says it's OK, to go for it!!

We found out what we were having with DD and with this pregnancy! DH and I both wanted to know. My Mom thought I should be surprised, but there was no way! I mean, I still try to peek and guess about Christmas presents! I could not wait and be surprised! With DD, I thought I was having a boy, so that was a shocker when they told me she was a girl. This time around, I thought for sure I was having another girl, but he's a boy!! At first, he wasn't cooperating, but I basically refused to leave until they could tell! I'm happy that we'll have one of each. I think this may be it for us.

I am excited for sure, but also very nervous. I've been getting the braxton hicks contractions every day on and off all day long. At times, they are really getting painful. I worry about the health of the baby, if everything will go OK, and how my DD will make the adjustment to becoming a big sister. Really, the list of worries is endless, but I'm still excited!!

Anyway, back to what I said about not having more children. I was thinking about getting a tubal after this birth, but I'm not sure. It's just so permanent. I really don't think we'll want more kids, but then again you can never know for sure. I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts of this. Thanks ladies!

Well, sorry to go on and on, but I wanted to catch up with everyone and get back in the loop! Have a great day!
    Amber
    3/08 - Coronado Springs
    12/08 - Coronado Springs
    5/09 - Beach Club
    9/09 - Caribbean Beach and Yacht Club
    2/10 - Yacht Club
    5/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

I've always wanted 3 kids. But I also thought I'd be done having kids before my 30s. My DH is in his 40s. He worries about being too old. This pregnancy has been really, really hard on me. When we found out we're having a girl, I realized I'd be content with one of each. But, even still when my OB asked if I'd have a tubal along with the c-section, I said no. It does seem "final". Even though I dread the thought of going back on birth control, I'm just not ready to give up the dream of 3 kids. Ironically, if DH wanted a vasectomy, I'd say ok. Isnt that odd?
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    7 trips to the World.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

I knew I was done when I was pregnant with DD. My DH actually had a vasectomy while I was pregnant. DD was a HUGE oops..DH and I had been separated and had just decided to give things a try again.
    I wanted a tubal and they were going to perform it while they did the c-section but I had too much scar tissue from my previous section. At least DH has had the vasectomy.
    michelle

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried to get DH to look into a vasectomy, but just the word makes him cringe! I guess we'll have to look at all of the options and decide what is best from there.
    Amber
    3/08 - Coronado Springs
    12/08 - Coronado Springs
    5/09 - Beach Club
    2/10 - Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

It's a very tough decision! And one that we face as well. My DH was done after David [our first! LOL]...I thought I was too then when David hit about 4 months old I got baby fever so bad again and wanted to be pregnant right away...we talked and talked and agreed on one more.

And this will be it. Although I would love another but for us it just wouldn't be a good decision. So now we are looking at either a vasectomy or tubal. My DH wants the vasectomy which is fine with me. Much less risk for a man and less complications. And more easily reversed "just in case".

On a serious funny "denial" note.
    This pregnancy is going by sooooooooooooo fast! With David it drug by because I was sooooo nervous that something would go wrong [having had 2 previous miscarriages], and I was just bored and couldn't wait for my baby to be here.

Well this pregnancy is literally getting away from me! Everytime I have a prenatal appointment I think "didn't I just have one!"
    And then the kicker...the other day my good friend said, "I can't believe you are 23 weeks already!" And I replied..."What do you mean? I'm only 21 weeks!".....then I got to looking and counting and sure enough I was 23 weeks!!! I haven't even changed my siggy ticker! I better go do that now! It is just flying by!!!!!!!!

Oh and June 30th is my C Section! I keep saying...that's only 3 1/2 months!!!!! Yikes!!!!

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

I know exactly what you mean! Just last night I was telling Levi that this time, the pregnancy seems to be going by super fast. With Sophie, I was home by myself and bored all the time. Now since I have her to occupy my time, it seems like the days just fly by.

With Sophie, I counted the days until my due date, but this time I'm not. Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited, but I'm trying to treasure the last few weeks that Sophie and I will have together before her brother arrives! Sometimes I still get a little choked up because I won't have as much time to spend with her one on one, but I just try to tell myself that everything will be ok.

At my last prenatal appointment, they told me I would start coming every two weeks now, and I couldn't believe it was that time already! I'm 31 weeks now, but it seems like I just took the pregnancy test!

On another note, Levi finally finished Sophie's new princess bedroom! Last night was her first official night in her "big girl" bed. I was worried she would get out of bed as soon as we left, but she didn't! I checked on her a little while after tucking her in and the little angel was laying sideways in the bed and snoring away!! I'm so proud of her, but also a little sad that she seems to be growing up so fast!! If that makes any sense.
    Amber
    3/08 - Coronado Springs
    12/08 - Coronado Springs
    5/09 - Beach Club
    2/10 - Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

oh boy...every two weeks!! You know it's getting close then!!!

Same here about not counting the days until due date this time....I mean of course I know the day but gosh, I really did wish away pregnancy with David because I just wanted him here so much...this time I'm trying to enjoy it as well [and trying hard not to worry myself to death like I did with David!]

I am so excited and blessed, my mom and best friend just told me this weekend that they are giving me a shower!!! I didn't even expect one since this is #2!
    And thankfully I don't even need much. I actually had made a list about a week or so ago for my own records of things to get and I only have 8 things on there!!!

Post Thanks / Like

For me this pregnancy is going slow. So slow. Painfully slow. I was working when pregnant w/DS so I think that made it go faster. I keep telling myself that once DS is out of school in May, then things will go faster, but sheesh. I guess I shouldn't complain. We're rearranging a bunch of rooms in the house to make room for our little angel. The room we'd thought we'd use as a nursery is now going to be the guestroom and blah blah blah. So I guess I need all the time I can get.... but I just want to see my little girl!!!
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    7 trips to the World.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Kairi!

I have a less serious topic/question/frustration. So I've been shopping for maternity pants and was wondering why it is so difficult for the fashion world to understand that short women have babies too! I can't find one pair of 'short' or 'petite' maternity pants. It has been frustrating checking every store and finding cute clothes that just don't work. I've gotten a few pairs that I will have my mom hem but it would be nice if I could wear them without alterations.

Sorry had to vent. Was wondering if anyone else has had similar frustrations or if anyone knows where to find petite maternity pants.
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

Lacy, I couldn't agree MORE! I had the hardest times buying pants...so....I would usually buy the "capri" style and they would be normal on me! One pair of pants was so long that I could put it all the way up to my shoulders almost when I wore it and it was STILL too long!
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly

Post Thanks / Like

I completely agree. I'm 5' 2" and I have the hardest time with pants. I finally just resorted to buying tall people capri pants in '03 when I was pg with my first. I loaned out some of my clothes and of course, never got them back. So last weekend I hit a 2nd hand store my friend told me about and after going through the entire rack I was able to find a couple of pairs of pants, a pair of actual capris that actually fit like capris and a pair of bremuda shorts. When I looked at the labels, I discovered that Gap sells Ankle length, so you may want to try there. You can forget Motherhood. I went there already and they didn't have anything for us "little people"
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Lacey, I am also having the maternity pants problem! I did go to Motherhood and their "petite" pants are too long for me! (I'm 5'-0".) I HATE capris so I don't know what I am going to do when I get bigger. My other frustration is that maternity jeans seem to be on the flimsy side. This is a problem for me since I still have to visit construction sites and don't want to go through a pair of pants on every site visit! When I am out on a job site, I have resorted to stealing my husband's jeans because we are the same height and he outweighs me by about 40 pounds. Not the most attractive fit... but at least I am not worried about ripping the pants.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm average height and still find maternity pants to be long. I guess they do that to accomodate our growing bellies but it's irritating. I've been wearing a lot of leggings instead -- thank God those came back in fashion. I'm ready for spring/summer and sundresses.
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    7 trips to the World.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: