Quantcast January Healthy Living Thread - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, today's not a weigh in day for me - that will be Monday. But, I did want to share that my sisters and I signed up to do our first ever 5k (okay, we actually organize a non-profit 5k every year in memory of our Mom, for organ donor awareness - but we never actually get to do it since we are so busy! ) So, this will be our first as participants, not organizers!

It's the EIF Revlon Run/Walk for Women - it takes place in NYC on May 3rd and it goes from Times Square to Central Park. My sister Kate and I hope to run it, while my sister Laurie plans to walk. I just casually mentioned it to them yesterday after I got a flyer in the mail about it and I was very impressed that not only did they say yes right away, all 3 of us are all signed up, with bib numbers and everything! Having a goal to shoot for really helps me and I'm definitely looking forward to this one. After 2 more weeks of walking, Kate and I will both start our couch to 5k training! Wish us luck! This is a whole new world to me!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conorsmom2000 View Post
    Well, today's not a weigh in day for me - that will be Monday. But, I did want to share that my sisters and I signed up to do our first ever 5k (okay, we actually organize a non-profit 5k every year in memory of our Mom, for organ donor awareness - but we never actually get to do it since we are so busy! ) So, this will be our first as participants, not organizers!

It's the EIF Revlon Run/Walk for Women - it takes place in NYC on May 3rd and it goes from Times Square to Central Park. My sister Kate and I hope to run it, while my sister Laurie plans to walk. I just casually mentioned it to them yesterday after I got a flyer in the mail about it and I was very impressed that not only did they say yes right away, all 3 of us are all signed up, with bib numbers and everything! Having a goal to shoot for really helps me and I'm definitely looking forward to this one. After 2 more weeks of walking, Kate and I will both start our couch to 5k training! Wish us luck! This is a whole new world to me!
    Good Luck!!!! What a wonderful thing to do!! This is just the first step, one day you'll be doing the WDW marathon!
    șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bleukarma View Post
    Good Luck!!!! What a wonderful thing to do!! This is just the first step, one day you'll be doing the WDW marathon!
    Thanks! I'm excited, but boy, talk about crashing back to reality! I told Conor, who's 7, about it, and he's really worried about me!! I got the "Can people your age run??" comment.... ..... then he said "you know you might come in last". I told him that was okay, I would just be proud to finish!

The WDW Marathon! Now that's a goal!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I have just become part of the Million Pound Match up createdby The Biggest Loser. We have set up out little Microsoft Live Page for the other couples who are joining us.

If you have any tips or incentives please share. We are hoping to drop our unwanted weight in time to celebrate our 10th anniversary at WDW in December.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conorsmom2000 View Post
    Thanks! I'm excited, but boy, talk about crashing back to reality! I told Conor, who's 7, about it, and he's really worried about me!! I got the "Can people your age run??" comment.... ..... then he said "you know you might come in last". I told him that was okay, I would just be proud to finish!

The WDW Marathon! Now that's a goal!
    Can people your age run??
    Gosh, how old does he think you are?? Doesn't he know moms never get older than 29?
    I wish you luck with the marathon... I always wanted to do that but I can not run. I was hoping to walk a half marathon next year but my doctor says that is not a good idea... something about getting a new knee too early and how fast they wear out anyway. I am instructed to do exercises that are no impact.
    I do must of my exercise in a pool.

I weighed in at WW this week and I am happy to say that I only gained 2 ounces. Yes, I said happy and gained in the same sentence. I had a bad painful week and ate really bad late at night. I also missed exercise 3 times last week. So, a gain of only 2 ounces was really good.

If I could just sleep at night I would be happy....

Good luck to all of you this week!!
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Smile What are your Strategies?

My husband and I have joined the Million Pound Match up. If you have exercise or food strategies, please share. We have decided to pick monthly goals, that we hope to turn into habits. My husband goal is to not add salt to his food and mine is no eating after 8pm. I have also changed my portion size, as I eat off of a salad plate for my dinner.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, my suggestion died the second I saw that your husband is cutting back on salt!

I recently lost 10 pounds by eating almonds instead of sweets. The best ones that I've found are Blue Diamond brand, sea salted almonds. They are addictive and a few handfuls would make me feel full. Even our daughter loves them!
    Sonja

Spay and neuter your pets!

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been doing weight watchers since October and lost 18.5 pounds by mid-December. I haven't lost anything since then but I was able to maintain thru Christmas. I'd say you're off to a good start by limiting salt and portions. The best tip I can give you is to get moving. I make myself wake up an hour early in the morning so I can get my treadmill routine out of the way. I got out of the habit during Christmas but I started back last week to see if I can get my last 10 pounds off.
    You might want to check out the healthy living thread on this site. People give all kinds of suggestions and helpful tips.

GOOD LUCK!!!
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried the new FittFlops?
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all. I also have a blog at live.com for the Biggest Loser Challenge.

I wouldn't have considered myself super large by any means...I am 5'10" and had gotten up to 228 during Christmas. I was not a skinny thing, but not what I considered large. So yesterday I bought a scale at Target so I could keep track. According to their info, I am considered obese.

Not that it changes anything, other than it makes me realize how unhealthy I probably am.

So now, the good news. In the past 10 days, I have lost 6 lbs.

I have been to the gym most days for an hour a day, and changed my eating habits. I have been skipping the cheesburger combos and having salads or subway type sandwiches. We made turkey breast burgers instead of normal ones, had turkey breast hotdogs, etc. It was amazing looking at the nutrition info and comparing. I was trying to make sure in addition to calories, fat, carbs, that I wasn't taking on a load of sodium.

Anyways, I don't have illusions that I will lose 6lbs every week to 10 days, but its a nice start.

Oh the other thing I changed, instead of 20-30 cokes in a week, I had 2 last week.

So thats my update...
    **Last Visits**

Feb 23 Fort Wilderness
    Nov 22 Hilton Tuscany Village (During Hurricane)
    Sep 22 Dolphin Hotel
    May 22 Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

**Scheduled Visits**

Mar 23 Undecided
    Jun 23 Fort Wilderness

Twitter: MouseFacts

Post Thanks / Like

I went to my weigh in yesterday and I am happy to say that I am back on track.
    I lost 2 pounds and that put me back over my 50 pound mark. I have lost 51.8 pounds.

I am leaving for Disney on Tuesday....
    Wish me luck. And yes, we are on the Dining Plan...
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Here we go again... View Post
    I am leaving for Disney on Tuesday....
    Wish me luck. And yes, we are on the Dining Plan...
    Good Luck, Angel!! It will be fine - and you'll have an awesome time!! Congratulations on getting over the 50 lb mark again!

I'm down 3 lbs since I first posted here - that's a total of 11 pounds since I first started losing. Probably would have been a little better this month, but there was a birthday and all.... I've really ramped up my exercise in the past two weeks - I've been using some of Leslie Sansone's (Walk away the pounds) tapes - I alternate between the 4 mile super challenge, Walk and Jog and Walk Strong (with weights). Each one of them is great and definitely makes me sweat - I love doing these walking exercises at home - as it's just too cold to walk outside!

Hope everyone is doing well!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: