Quantcast VMK Gingerbread House Competition

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default VMK Gingerbread House Competition

VMK Gingerbread House & Holiday Room Competition!

Here's your chance to show the Kingdom just how much holiday spirit you've got!

Build your best Gingerbread House or Holiday Room using the Holiday and Gingerbread pieces. Use a winter theme or any theme (Holiday Jungle Cruise, anyone?), but you must use Gingerbread and Holiday pieces in your room.

This is an individual room competition. You must submit your registration following our guidelines below:

1. The room MUST BE NAMED in the following way:
    "Gingerbread House (your player name)"

2. When you register ONLY PROVIDE your player name and the name of the room you are entering in the competition.

3. Gingerbread Houses/Rooms will be judged by the following categories:

-Best Theme
    -Most Creative
    -Best Overall (this includes both most creative and best theme)

There will be 10 First Prize winners and 1 Grand Prize winner from each category.

Registration opens today, Monday December 17th at 4:00 P.M. PST. Only the first 2000 players that register (and do so following the guidelines) will be accepted.

When registration opens, you will find the VMK Gingerbread Competition Registration option in the 'Contact Us' menu. 'Contact Us' is located at the bottom of any vmk.com webpage.

When you register please make sure that you enter a valid email address that can receive messages from us. Registration will close when we have received 2000 player entries, the registration option will be removed from the 'Contact Us' menu. We will reply to the players that qualified during open registration.

Again, only the first 2000 players that follow the registration guidelines and enter the contest when registration is open will be judged.

Your Gingerbread house/holiday room must be completed by midnight December 25th.

Judging will begin on Wednesday, December 26th and end Sunday, January 13th. Winners will be announced on Monday the 14th of January. A Room Judging Flag will be placed in your room once your room has been judged.

While it is not required, VMK encourages you to keep your room open during the event so other players can enjoy what you have created. Prizes for the event will be announced after registrations have been closed.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I entered my room a little while ago and and have already got a confromation from them.

Since there is a limit of 2000 I would go and enter my room as soon as possible. They wont start the judging until the day after Christmas so you still have more then a week to build your room.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

I enter last night as well and got an e-mail confirnation
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

After harrassment by JP, I entered the contest also. At least I got something done last night thanks to Dino and Nachocat to get in entered.

I just want that purple flag to match my other two.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah how funny this will be seeing you all being grumpy and having to wait for the staff to judge your rooms Good luck in the contest everyone
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytinkerbellprincess View Post
    Ah how funny this will be seeing you all being grumpy and having to wait for the staff to judge your rooms Good luck in the contest everyone
    Actually I dont think we have to sit in our rooms and wait. Especially since the judging lasts over 2 weeks that would be a bit crazy to do. Even if they expected this you probably wouldn't have to do it. I know during the Space Ride Competition I was in WDW riding the real space mtn while my room was judged.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Registration is Already Closed

Looks like they got their 2000 people already vmk has updated the message from yesterday.

VMK Gingerbread House
    & Holiday Room Competition!

Build your best Gingerbread House or Holiday Room using VMK's Holiday and Gingerbread pieces. Use a winter theme or any theme (Holiday Jungle Cruise, anyone?), but you must use Gingerbread and Holiday pieces in your room.
    This is an individual room competition. You must submit your registration following our guidelines below:
    1. The room MUST BE NAMED in the following way:
    "Gingerbread House (your player name)"
    2. When you register ONLY PROVIDE your player name and the name of the room you are entering in the competition.
    PLEASE NOTE: If your name does not fit in the room title "Gingerbread House", please make sure you have your room titled "Gingerbread House," your room, provided you follow the other guidelines, will be judged.
    3. Gingerbread Houses/Rooms will be judged by the following categories:
    - Best Theme
    - Most Creative
    - Best Overall (this includes both most creative and best theme)
    Your Gingerbread house/holiday room must be completed by midnight December 25th.
    There will be 10 First Prize winners and 1 Grand Prize winner from each category.
    Registration for this event is now closed. Again, only players that register following our guidelines exactly will be judged.
    Judging will begin on Wednesday, December 26th and end Sunday, January 13th. Winners will be announced on Monday the 14th of January. A Purple Room Judging Flag will be placed in your room once your room has been judged.
    While it is not required, VMK encourages you to keep your room open during the event so other players can enjoy what you have created. Prizes for the event will be announced in a future edition of Yavn Speaks and the Event Info section of the VMK Newsletter.
    Begin planning your Gingerbread Holiday treat today!
    Personally I think this is terrible the registration was open for maybe 24 hours at the most. I don't understand why they are only allowing 2000 people to enter. What happened if for some reason yesterday you where unable to enter then today you where going to only to find out that it has closed already. In my opinion if they are taking more then two weeks to judge then they should really have allowed more. I'm just happy I was able to register yesterday. Sorry for all those who missed out
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chescat View Post
    After harrassment by JP, I entered the contest also. At least I got something done last night thanks to Dino and Nachocat to get in entered.

Oh Can i help you lose things when you build it and rebuild it and rebuild it again and again. I need some entertainment.

I guess this what Nachocat meant when she said sarcastic

And just think right now I am being good for
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm.. I registered incorrectly the first time. Using the wrong name for my room, so I registered again.

I hope that worked.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

As long as you got an email saying

"Thank you for regestering" or something to that affect I believe your fine.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

I heard a lot of people double registered. I'm wondering if that's why the 2000 went so fast. I hope its not.

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Oh Can i help you lose things when you build it and rebuild it and rebuild it again and again. I need some entertainment.

I guess this what Nachocat meant when she said sarcastic

And just think right now I am being good for
    I made sure you weren't around that night that I built it. And no I won't lose ice pieces behind it since I didn't use ice this time.

You have been behaving considering genie calls you the grinch!

Post Thanks / Like

I have no doubt that at least a quarter of the people who registered, registered different accounts of their own. Just the nature of most players who play VMK, people believe that your not cool unless you win something. Unfortunately, there really is no way in seeing if the person has another account registered or not.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations to all of you that entered and good luck. I was on vacation (at DLR) and was unable to register before the registration closed.
    First Trip To DL 11/56
    DLR PAP (for a long time and currently)
    July 17, 2005 I was there!
    July 17, 2010 I was there!
    VMK - Tinkcollector R.I.P.
    Member #1660 on Intercot West
    Tinkcollector on Intercot-West (R.I.P., good bye West-Side.)
    D23 Charter Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marla View Post
    Congratulations to all of you that entered and good luck. I was on vacation (at DLR) and was unable to register before the registration closed.
    Aww
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

LittleDragonErin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chescat View Post
    AWWW SNAPS!!! I forgot to register Monkey since he has the flag for the slide competition. Lol! So much for a complete set haha!

Post Thanks / Like

We missed it too...and even had some rooms ready.

Though this is the first time in a long time that I had the urge to make a new room...I love the gingerbread stuff, and I'm off work until Jan 2nd...that's what I call inspiration.

Oh well, Fan and I will just have to room hop to our Icot family for support.

Queen
    First Trip - January 2003

DVC
    Kidani Village - AKL
    Bay Lake Tower
    Riviera Resort

VMK - QueenThump & BrerFan

Post Thanks / Like

I received a second email two days ago that said thank you for registering and listed the rules again. I hope that means I registered correctly. lol I must have read those instructions at least three times to make sure I registered correctly. If we had questions about how to register, I can imagine the amount of kids who didn't do it right. There might be a lot of disappointed kids who's room won't be judged because of a technicality.

Good luck to everyone who entered!
    Grace/ VMK- OhGee

Greet each day with a smile! (but I need my coffee first!)

Aug 2009 - DLR, WDW & the Disney Wonder - once in a lifetime trip!

Post Thanks / Like

You would think that they would get it right after all these events. This happens everytime. What I meant by the double registering is not the mules, but the number of people that resubmitted because the rules were clarified after people submitted. You would hope they have in place a system that throws out double entries. That sure could be an evil way for people to make sure less people join up.

I did get two emails also.

Thanks JP, Dino and Genie for the help last night. And no, I'm not starting the room over.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Good luck to all who managed to enter the competition. I was unaware of the competition or I would have entered some how.
    At least I don't have to go scary trying to set up a room to be judged this time around.
    Lololol
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

LittleDragonErin Guest

So "Gingerbread House LittleDragonErin" doesn't fit. But "Gingerbread House Little Dragon" does. Should I use that or just "Gingerbread House"?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: